Hot!

by Meghann on September 15, 2010

Hot yoga was HOT tonight!

Seriously the hottest yoga class i’ve ever taken – child pose breaks never felt so good!

I’m not sure what made tonight’s class so hot – the weather was cooler, the room wasn’t packed, and the class itself wasn’t too crazy – but there was something about it that had me sweating up a storm.

By the time I got home all I wanted was something cool and refreshing. What I really wanted was a smoothie in a bowl (as always) and was kicking myself for already having one for breakfast this morning. Such a waste. It would have obviously tasted so much better after the hottest hottest yoga class ever. πŸ˜‰

With the smoothie out, I went with the next best thing: a tasting plate with a side of yogurt.

Apples + Carrot Sticks + Almond Butter

The perfect post-yoga combination.

Honey Oikos with Kashi Go Lean Crunch

But, you know what the ultimate cooling thing to eat is?

ICE CREAM!

Confession: I bought this Coffee Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream for Derek and I’ve been slowly eating it myself. It’s just sooo good. πŸ˜‰

This afternoon I had some mixed nuts and honey nut cheerios before yoga.

πŸ™‚

I updated the FAQ page –> check it out

Time to chillax in front of the tv.

Good Night!

1 Kristina @ spabettie September 15, 2010 at 9:54 pm

mmm… that ice cream looks and sounds perfect… what’s on top? πŸ˜€
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..HALLOWEENIE !

2 Sana September 15, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Eating ice cream in a cone makes me feel like a little kid all over again πŸ™‚
Sana recently posted..Beginners Guide to Running

3 Kelly September 15, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Now I want an ice cream cone, thanks a lot. Haha.
Kelly recently posted..Challenge 1- Ready- Set- Blog!

4 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 15, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Yup, now I want my Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream I have in my freezer! Except the problem is that I am already wrapped in blankets in my apartment, because I am so cold!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Strawberry Honey Yogurt Parfait with Graham Cracker β€œGranola”

5 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 15, 2010 at 10:11 pm

That ice cream sounds soooo good!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Let Them Go

6 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 September 15, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I had chocolate earlier, but now you’re making me want ice cream. Yum….

7 Caitlin (EatFeats) September 15, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Ice cream is good in heat, good in cold, good no matter what. And I think it is totally okay to eat your boyfriend’s ice cream because guys don’t have big sweet teeth–he will never miss it!
Caitlin (EatFeats) recently posted..The Best Bread Ever in the History of History

8 Emily [Emilyeatsclean] September 15, 2010 at 10:50 pm

I’m not a huge ice cream person, so thankfully when my hubby requests some it doesn’t really tempt me that much. I sooo wanna try hot yoga!!
Emily [Emilyeatsclean] recently posted..Cooking class

9 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) September 15, 2010 at 11:44 pm

I loved the FAQ page!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Fall is in the Air

10 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 15, 2010 at 11:48 pm

New to your blog, not new to yoga. Ive been a teacher for 10 years and love yoga. Sometimes it’s just random, isnt it, how it can be sooo hot in a room and yet you wouldnt think it would be that way. I guess the universe just wanted you to sweat LOL πŸ™‚

11 Melissa Schlothan September 16, 2010 at 12:18 am

woman, if you happen to have two smoothies in one day, no worries! I’ve done it…they’re just as tasty as the one earlier in the day!

tasty ice cream there too. I bet derek is drooling at his computer knowing you’re eating his ice cream.
Melissa Schlothan recently posted..Poh-tatoe- Poh-tato

12 Lauren September 16, 2010 at 7:03 am

Haha ice cream never fails!
Lauren recently posted..There is a New Love in My Life

13 Jen September 16, 2010 at 7:58 am

Something about a tasting plate meal always makes me happy πŸ™‚ Yay for ice cream in a cone, it’s the best way to eat it!

Jen
Jen recently posted..Peanut Butter Lovin

14 Sarah R September 16, 2010 at 8:25 am

So I guess I don’t understand why you couldn’t have two smoothies in one day… aren’t they chalk full of real food? I’m kind of an advocate for eating what sounds good and not settling.

15 Meghann September 16, 2010 at 10:23 am

I have a weird thing where I don’t like to eat the same thing in one day – this dates back to when I was little. If I had a sandwich at lunch I would refuse to have one at dinner and if I had yogurt for breakfast I wouldn’t want yogurt as a snack later in the day.

16 Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagel September 16, 2010 at 8:48 am

The ice cream looks delicious, yum!! I’m a huge ice cream lover. πŸ™‚ I love the updated FAQ page and I’m really loving your new site!
Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagel recently posted..Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwiches

17 Evan Thomas September 16, 2010 at 9:53 am

Well what else is the reason to have someone else in your life if not eat their food and wear their clothes on laundry day?

18 Ryan M. September 16, 2010 at 9:57 am

I am in Orlando for work and you can tell I am not from here since you think it’s cool!! I am sweating my face off!!! LOL!!

19 Meghann September 16, 2010 at 10:24 am

Trust me the mornings are cool right now – you should have been here a couple of months ago when it was already mid 80s before sunrise!

20 Marci September 16, 2010 at 11:14 am

Love carrots and peanut butter! And I wouldn’t eat the same meal twice in a day. Have to spread the love.
Marci recently posted..I Tried Kale Chips

21 Cynthia (It All Changes) September 16, 2010 at 11:56 am

I always find hot yoga hotter if I’m not properly hydrated. My body doesn’t have as much moisture to cool me off and I feel hotter.