Gossip Girl Premieres Tonight!

by Meghann on September 13, 2010

Let’s make this quick – Gossip Girl is NEW tonight! πŸ™‚

After work I headed to my weekly Hot Yoga class for a good stretch and sweat.

Tonight’s class was all about breathing, balancing, and focusing on the moment instead of letting our minds wander. Our instructor, Kelly, mixed it up by starting off slow with counts of 5 breaths between vinyasas then gradually speeding it up and shortening the breaths in between. We ended with some great hip openers and stretches that really loosened my legs up for the week ahead.

The usual Monday yoga crowd was non-existent tonight. Usually the room is so full that our mats are almost touching, but tonight there was enough room between each person to fit a whole other body. It was very odd.

I came home wanting something cool and refreshing for dinner.

My first choice was a smoothie, but I’m trying to mix it up a little bit – I did just have a smoothie for breakfast yesterday. πŸ˜‰

instead, I made a big, colorful salad using:

• Spinach
  • Arugula
  • Mushrooms
  • Tomatoes
  • Baked Polenta
  • Cantaloupe
  • Avocado
  • Left over Enchilada Filling

To tame my sweet tooth I had a chocolate cookie topped with honey peanut butter and a dark chocolate Adora disc.

Time for Gossip Girl!!

What Fall premiere are you most looking forward to watch?

Mine are pretty obvious – Gossip Girl, Glee, & Parenthood! πŸ™‚

1 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 13, 2010 at 9:19 pm

I wish I could say I am looking forward to a big premiere show, but I’ve fallen behind on all of my old favorites including Gossip Girl! Lately, I’ve been hooked on Covert Affairs–I love a good spy show!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Monster Dash Training and Sick Day Eats

2 Erin September 13, 2010 at 9:19 pm

GLEE!!!

Next week, right?!
Erin recently posted..Rainy day Sunday- in photos

3 Kristy @ KristyRuns.com September 13, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Oooh! Polenta! πŸ™‚ Just bought some for the first time, and I can’t wait to try it out in a recipe.

We don’t own a tv, but we do watch Weeds and the Tudors on Netflix. I think I have to wait 2 or 3 more months though before they’re out. πŸ™

4 Elizabeth September 13, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Gosspi Girl and Biggest Loser!!! Horray!!! That salad looks delicious! I would never think to add enchilada sauce to my salad, but I’m going to have to try it.
Elizabeth recently posted..10 Pounds Down Only 5 to Go

5 VeggieGirl September 13, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Kinda disappointed in tonight’s Gossip Girl premiere so far πŸ™

6 Evan Thomas September 13, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I am SO excited for Grey’s Anatomy to be new.
Gossip Girl? Puh-lease πŸ˜‰

7 Amanda September 13, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Grey’s, Bones, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, and Parenthood
Amanda recently posted..Communication is Key

8 Tina September 13, 2010 at 9:42 pm

I have too many I’m looking forward to. Glee, Parenthood, Greys, Desperate Housewives, and The Biggest Loser. I love fall TV obviously. πŸ˜€
Tina recently posted..30 days of self love – Perfection

9 Britney September 13, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I’m looking forward to Chuck and How I Met Your Mother! I haven’t yet figured out how I’m going to watch both when they’re on at the same time.

I used to watch Gossip Girl but it conflicted with my other Monday shows (see above). I need to catch up on season 3!
Britney recently posted..Maybe it was my new running skirt…

10 Chelsea at Striking Balance September 13, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Let’s see…Glee, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, 90210, Greys Anatomy, Private Practice, Brothers and Sisters.

I have a busy couple weeks ahead of me, hey?!
Chelsea at Striking Balance recently posted..Things I’ve Learned

11 Tiffany (Stuffed With Fluff) September 13, 2010 at 9:50 pm

I’m so excited for Gossip Girl tonight! but i’m DVRing it b/c I have to watch the Chargers game first. I’m also really excited for Glee, Parenthood and Modern Family (you need to catch up on that show!). I’m looking forward to How I Met Your Mother , Grey’s and the Big Bang Theory, but the priority isn’t as high.

Your yoga sesh sounds heavenly. I need to learn how to focus on the moment.
Tiffany (Stuffed With Fluff) recently posted..Yesterday- I got stood up

12 Heather September 13, 2010 at 9:52 pm

I am very much looking forward to Grey’s Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters and Desperate Housewives!

Enjoy Gossip Girl!
Heather recently posted..Meet My New BFF

13 Lisa (Fit in the Midwest) September 13, 2010 at 10:20 pm

I love Amazing Race. Also, Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution. I am not sure when that will start back up again, but I heard rumors they filmed in LA this time.

14 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. September 13, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Mine are Glee, Big Bang Theory, Parenthood, and The Office (although I hardly watched last season). I watched the series premier of Hellcats and I could definitely get hooked on that!
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..who dat

15 Leah @ L4L September 13, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Grey’s Anatomy! The finale was EPIC!

16 Katie @Sweets and Veggies September 13, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Ooo I didn’t know that Gossip Girl premiered tonight!! I haven’t gotten caught up on my episodes yet so I definitely need to do that! My favorite show is GLEE though so I can’t waiiitttt till that comes back on!
Katie @Sweets and Veggies recently posted..Back on The Plains!

17 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 13, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Gossip Girl and Grey’s, by far!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Let Them Go

18 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 13, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I SO cannot wait for Glee!

19 Steph September 13, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Such a creative cookie – looks good!
Steph recently posted..Monday Ugh

20 Lauren @ laurenINlawrence September 13, 2010 at 11:56 pm

Now that I’ve started law school, TV time is a precious commodity. I literally added Gossip Girl, Parenthood, Glee and Brothers and Sisters to my iCal so I can make sure I get my reading done before they come on…It’s the little things in life πŸ™‚

21 Ellie September 14, 2010 at 12:04 am

GLEE! I’m so sad I’m actually babysitting the night Glee comes back so I’m going to have to avoid media until I can watch it on Hulu. I hate knowing what happens before I see the show
Ellie recently posted..Lovely Econ

22 kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com September 14, 2010 at 12:11 am

WAYYYYY better than a smoothie <3
omg this meal AND gossip girl, now im excited!! πŸ˜€

xoxo

23 Crystal September 14, 2010 at 12:13 am

Monday night football started tonight1 I bet that was the reason for low attendance.

24 Rachel @ Suburban Yogini September 14, 2010 at 4:44 am

Glee for sure – although we have to wait a while longer here in the UK. Sigh!

By the way Meghann, I have been meaning to tell you how much I love the new look πŸ™‚

25 Emily @ Relishments September 14, 2010 at 5:47 am

I can’t wait for Glee, Castle, Bones and Modern Family.
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Highlights- Autumn

26 Juani September 14, 2010 at 6:16 am

I LOVE Gossip Girl,but living in South Africa means we are always behind on the popular tv shows.At the moment we are 2 seasons behind Gossip Girl,and I don’t know when they will actually air those seasons.This makes me very sad πŸ™

Enjoy the show on my behalf!

27 Cynthia September 14, 2010 at 6:33 am

I am totally looking forward to the Glee premier! I am also looking forward to Grey’s Anatomy, Parenthood, and House.
Cynthia recently posted..Relaxing Sunday

28 Lauren September 14, 2010 at 7:00 am

Sometimes, it’s nice not to have a crowded room for yoga. My last class was packed and everyone kept stealing my mat. It was very annoying and I couldn’t really relax.

Enjoy GG!
Lauren recently posted..Tolys Surprise 25th Birthday Party

29 Sarah @ Going on Goals September 14, 2010 at 8:52 am

I can’t wait for Parenthood to start again and I am very intrigued by the new show My Generation.

30 Emily September 14, 2010 at 10:12 am

I usually catch shows after they get popular because I don’t have a TV (but I frequent Hulu). Gossip girl was filming in my building all last week though! I think I need to watch it just so I can see how my lobby, courtyard, and hallway look on TV.
Emily recently posted..Peanut Problems

31 Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous September 14, 2010 at 10:57 am

Dexter, Glee, and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia!
Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous recently posted..Well- howdy!

32 Debby September 14, 2010 at 12:23 pm

GOSSIP GIRL !!!! I’m an absolute fan πŸ˜€
Debby recently posted..Pasta Carbonara

33 Caitlin (EatFeats) September 14, 2010 at 12:54 pm

I don’t watch many television series (I’m more into really trashy tv), but wanted to say that your salad and dessert both look excellent. Choc and pb are the best combination.
Caitlin (EatFeats) recently posted..The Best Bread Ever in the History of History

34 Sarah September 17, 2010 at 9:40 am

I’m looking forward to Community and Bones:-).
Sarah recently posted..And…Action!