A Friday on the Couch

by Meghann on September 10, 2010

Awww…. Fridays. How I love thee. πŸ™‚

Especially Fridays where the only thing on my agenda is coming home and sitting on my bum in front of the tv.

Yes, those Fridays are the best ones of all. πŸ™‚

I had a peach on my way out of the office this afternoon.

I didn’t want dinner to take away from my quality time with my couch and DVR, so I made it quick and simple.

Shredded Zucchini

Plus egg, bread crumbs, seasonings, and cheese

Equals Zucchini Cakes! (Complete Recipe Here)

With roasted sweet potato and parsnip

BBQ Sauce goes on everything, right?

You know what would make a lazy Friday night better?…..

Derek!!! He makes everything better. πŸ™‚

IMG_8815.jpg

Derek requested cookies and when my man requests cookies, I deliver cookies. πŸ˜‰

Ok, I was really the one who wanted cookies, but I thought that sounded like a good segway. If Derek was the only one who wanted cookies I would have told him to make them himself. πŸ˜‰

I followed this recipe for Chocolate Chunk and Walnut Cookies only I didn’t have walnuts so I used pecans and the chocolate bar I used for the chocolate chunks melted in the batter.

The melted chocolate was actually a blessing in disguise. It resulted in a chocolatey, nutty cookie. πŸ™‚

Derek and I had our cookies with ice cream. Can you guess which bowl is mine?

Tomorrow Derek and I will be running the Autumn Rock n Run 5k with my sister and little brother.

I kicked race season off with this race last year (recap here) and had a blast!

Can’t wait to do it again!

Now, I still can’t decide if I should go all out or run beside my little brother.

Decisions, Decisions…

I guess it’s a decision I’m going to have to make in the morning.

Good night!! πŸ™‚

1 Sana September 10, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Go all out πŸ˜‰ You guys can meet up at the finish!!
Sana recently posted..Happy 100

2 Matt September 10, 2010 at 9:41 pm

I love Friday nights on the couch πŸ™‚ Good luck tomorrow!
Matt recently posted..Tempeh BLAT

3 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) September 10, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Pecans are way better than walnuts anyways πŸ™‚ Have a great race, Meghann!
Allie (Live Laugh Eat) recently posted..Checkin’ Outta Rehab

4 Kristy @ KristyRuns.com September 10, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Those zucchini cakes look great! You’re so creative. I was lazy and just had cereal for dinner. You win. πŸ˜‰

Have a blast tomorrow! Whatever you decide to do, I’m sure you’ll have a great time! Awww yeah!
Kristy @ KristyRuns.com recently posted..A Taste of Fall

5 Dori September 10, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Zucchini cakes look great! Good luck tomorrow!
Dori recently posted..Outdoor Bound Surprise Lake Hiking Trip

6 Bec September 10, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Have a great friday night in and happy racing tomorrow!

7 Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels September 10, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Good luck tomorrow! Whatever you decide, you’ll do amazing! πŸ™‚

Mmm those cookies look tasty. Pecan sound better than walnuts anyway!
Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels recently posted..Barney Butter Giveaway- Spreading the Love

8 Kate September 10, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Good luck tomorrow! (PS- I vote for all out!!)

It was great to see a picture of your bowl next to Derek’s- I have a much better idea of your ice cream portion size now. It’s good to sometimes be reminded that awesome bloggers like you aren’t eating EVERYTHING and still looking amazing, and getting a picture of what true balance really looks like (I hope that came out ok….!)

9 Rachael September 10, 2010 at 11:00 pm

It’s pretty sweet how our favorite people can make any day exponentially better!
(I blame my cookie cravings on my boy all the time…clearly, he’s a growing 36 year old who needs baked goodness for sustenance πŸ™‚
Have a great race and weekend!

10 Lee September 10, 2010 at 11:56 pm

Good luck in your race. I’m running a 5K tomorrow too.

11 Caitlin (EatFeats) September 11, 2010 at 12:38 am

This post made me realize that I eat man-sized portions of ice cream. Whoopsies. Those cookies look phenomenal…your substitutions must have been great ones!
Caitlin (EatFeats) recently posted..The difference between men and women

12 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston September 11, 2010 at 1:26 am

Good luck on the race! You look so cute in your running skirt!

13 Freya (Brit Chick Runs) September 11, 2010 at 3:29 am

I say run beside your brother πŸ™‚ No doubt you’ve got a long run on Sunday anyway, plus there are tons of 5k races, but not tons of 5ks with him πŸ™‚
Freya (Brit Chick Runs) recently posted..Whole Foods- Take Two

14 Laura @Tidbits September 11, 2010 at 7:40 am

Glad to hear I wasn’t the only one who chose to spend my Friday night on the couch. Those nights are some of the best ones!

Good luck on your race this morning! πŸ™‚
Laura @Tidbits recently posted..A Night Off Is Nice

15 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice September 11, 2010 at 7:55 am

Ah yes.. Fridays bumming on the couch is also my favorite. I love your zucchini cake recipe. Have fun with the run!

16 Heather @ Side of Sneakers September 11, 2010 at 9:11 am

That’s the best race picture ever. Just sayin. πŸ˜‰
Haha I always say Chris wants muffins, cookies, whatever…but really it’s just me 99% of the time.

Have fun at your race!!
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..3 Common Running Injuries &amp How to Stop Them Before They Stop You

17 Fallon September 11, 2010 at 10:17 am

I love those kind of Friday nights as well!

Good luck at your 5k!
Fallon recently posted..Smore Cookie Bars

18 Maria September 11, 2010 at 1:27 pm

The new site is fab! The pics of your pup in the banner is ADORABLE!
Maria recently posted..TGIF

19 Claire September 11, 2010 at 11:02 pm

I work as an editor, and it absolutely shocked me when my boss told me that “segway” (I totally used to spell it that way! Like, in documents I sent to clients!) is spelled “segue.” Just had the pass the torch on – from one editor to a blogger!

20 crystal September 14, 2010 at 5:04 pm

I love that you had bbQ sauce to everything! you are like me with hot sauce!!!