Daydreamer

by Meghann on September 9, 2010

I was dreaming of my lunch all morning.

IMG_8529

The Apple, Brie, and Honey Pizza I made last night was easily one of the best things I have ever made and I had high hopes for the left overs of it waiting for me in the fridge.

IMG_8537

The crust was still chewy, the toppings we still sweet, and each bite was just as delicious as I remembered. In fact, I would dare to say it was even better today because the flavors has a chance to mend and concentrate. I seriously can not wait to make this exact pizza again and again. 🙂

IMG_8545

Or maybe tomorrow I’ll eat it in sandwich form? or in a wrap? or part of a salad? Oh the possibilities!

On the side I had Zucchini Slices with Hummus

IMG_8532

And addicting Grapes

IMG_8533

Grapes are one of those things that I eat a lot of that go unpictured, which is why I’ve gotten down to only purchasing them on the rarest occasions. Grapes are find in moderation, but eating a whole bag by myself over the course of 2 days may be overdoing it. 😉

IMG_8541

I had a serving of nuts as a mid-morning snack.

IMG_8526

Some one ate more than half of my jar of mixed nuts on Monday. *cough* Derek *cough*

Maddie says Hi!

IMG_8550

Actually she says ‘Leave me alone, I’m basking in the warm sun while I can because my Mama keeps the apartment like an icebox’

IMG_8546

Sorry Maddie, one day when it’s your own house then you can keep the house at what ever temp you would like.

Anyone else’s parents use to drive that point home like a broken record?

Derek’s Run for MS

Just a reminder to please take a minute to donate to Derek’s fundraising efforts in the fight against MS. He’s running the Disney Wine & Dine Half in under a month and is still $200 short of goal!

Remember people, every dollar counts. 🙂

Also, I want to give a big SHOUT OUT to the wonderful Katie who had won Derek’s $50 Whole Food raffle, but opted to have the $50 go towards the fight for MS instead of towards Whole Foods. You are truly an amazing and beautiful person Katie!!!!

A Lesson For Foodbuzz Featured Publishers

The other day I was tweeting about the Foodbuzz Featured Publisher Resource center and was surprised to discover how many of my fellow Foodbuzz Featured Publishers didn’t know the page existed.

Because of this I thought a little tutorial on the blog would be beneficial for at least a couple of my readers.

(I’m sorry to bore those who aren’t Featured Publishers, please feel free to ignore the rest of this post if need be. 😉 )

For those unfamiliar with the Featured Publisher Resource area on the Foodbuzz site, it’s where you can track your Foodbuzz impressions and revenue.

To access the center simply log on to Foodbuzz.com

Foodbuzz1

Scroll to the bottom of the page

Foodbuzz2

And select ‘featured publisher resource center’  from the bottom left hand corner

Foodbuzz2.5

Ta Da! You made it!

Foodbuzz3

From here you can see what your current CPM rate is, how much you are earning, and when to expect payment. Remember Foodbuzz has a 90 day pay cycle so what you made in July won’t actually be deposited in your Paypal account until October.

Foodbuzz4

I hope that helped at least a few people out there. 🙂

And if you have any questions the Foodbuzz team is AWESOME at answering e-mails in a timely manner you can reach any of the team at editorial@foodbuzz.com

1 Matt September 9, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I missed a whole month and a half of payment because my ad got messed up! I got it fixed, but I missed out on some free cash!
Matt recently posted..Ratatouille Pasta

2 Sana September 9, 2010 at 2:04 pm

You are so awesome! The foodbuzz tip was really helpful!
Sana recently posted..Happy 100

3 Carolyn @ lovinlosing September 9, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Thanks for the info! I totally didn’t know. 🙂
Carolyn @ lovinlosing recently posted..Progress or lack there of

4 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] September 9, 2010 at 2:09 pm

I saw it when I signed up, but I haven’t been on there long enough to see everything. 😉
suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] recently posted..Pluot Prunch!

5 Freya (Brit Chick Runs) September 9, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Ohh I never knew that page existed – thank you!!! I’m gonna go look now 😀
Freya (Brit Chick Runs) recently posted..Looking Back

6 Heather @ Dietitian on the Run September 9, 2010 at 2:10 pm

I had no idea that page existed!! Not a shocker, since I rarely explore those kind of sites and often forget to check up on stuff like that – must fix. 😉 Thanks for the info!
Heather @ Dietitian on the Run recently posted..Quick &amp Easy Can Still Be Healthy!

7 Dorry September 9, 2010 at 2:14 pm

I do the same thing with grapes so I don’t purchase them as often! I’m much more mindful cutting apple slices but I’ll eat a pound of grapes in 2 days. Ha.
Dorry recently posted..An Austin Afternoon

8 kristy @ kristyruns.com September 9, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Best. Leftovers. Ever. 🙂
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..A Taste of Fall

9 Kelly September 9, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Love the resource center, I was stalking it the past few days waiting for this months totals!

10 Leah @ L4L September 9, 2010 at 2:25 pm

For giggles, do you happen to know if people have different CPM’s and how that is determined?

PS – I also HATE that it takes 90 days for payment.

11 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day September 9, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Ah, I never knew that about Food Buzz and I’ve searched the site forever for it. Thank you so much 🙂

12 SaraRM September 9, 2010 at 2:32 pm

I seriously want your lunch! I was admiring it last night but just cant stand it…. Dang it, im going to the g-store! 🙂

13 Marisa! September 9, 2010 at 2:56 pm

As always, Maddie is super adorable! My dog lays in any sliver of sunshine he can find! 🙂

14 Christina @ Sweet Pea's Kitchen September 9, 2010 at 3:09 pm

I had no idea that page existed! I just recently became a foodbuzz featured publisher and I had so many questions! I will have to check it out. Thank you so much.
p.s-your dog is super cute! 🙂

15 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin September 9, 2010 at 3:20 pm

ha wow thank you so much for the info! I had no idea.
Beth @ Beth’s Journey to Thin recently posted..Creeper at the Gym

16 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) September 9, 2010 at 3:31 pm

I am probably a dork but I pretty much constantly look at that page!
Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) recently posted..Crockpots are magic

17 Emily @ Relishments September 9, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Whoa! A featured publisher resource center? Who knew? Thank you so so much!
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Soft Serve

18 Kacy September 9, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I love leftover pizza maybe more than any other food in the whole world. It’s my favorite.
I have been known to eat 2 pounds of grapes in one sitting. No lie.
It definitely took me awhile to get the hang of the Foodbuzz stuff, so that tutorial was probably VERY helpful to some.
Kacy recently posted..Earth Friendly

19 Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen September 9, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I want grapes SO BAD and I was going to wait until I actually need more produce, but this is the straw that broke the camel’s back. I must go buy grapes right now!
Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen recently posted..Braaaaains

20 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 9, 2010 at 3:56 pm

I am not a foodbuzz featured publisher (I’ve only been blogging for about the past month), but your post about it is interesting. How did you choose to become a featured publisher with them?
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Red Wine Salsa and The Last First Day of Class

21 Meghann September 9, 2010 at 4:13 pm

There wasn’t much thought put into it at the time. 🙂 Caitlin had sent me the info way back when I first started my blog and I signed up that day.

22 Chelsea at Striking Balance September 9, 2010 at 4:00 pm

That pizza looks soo good. I love leftover pizza- it’s one of my favourite things to have leftover. It comes after chilli of course, because chili is alwaysss better the second day!
Chelsea at Striking Balance recently posted..Crazy

23 Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels September 9, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Your pizza looks sooooo amazing! I want some. 🙂

24 Angela September 9, 2010 at 4:10 pm

That pizza looked amazing last night so I believe you when you say its better today. I want my own slice! I’ve never had a sweet-ish pizza, and this seems like the perfect balance.

25 Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! September 9, 2010 at 4:35 pm

I have the EXACT same problem with grapes–they’re totally addicting! I’m usually good with self-control, but I lose it all around grapes. They’re just so delicious!
Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! recently posted..Rollin’…rollin’!…rollin’…rollin’!…rollin’ on the river

26 Bee Goes Bananas September 9, 2010 at 4:40 pm

I have a similar problem when eating grapes. I can eat an entire bowl of them in one sitting because they’re so delicious. Fortunately, they fill me up as well.
Bee Goes Bananas recently posted..Wild Wednesday

27 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) September 9, 2010 at 5:01 pm

I was one of those bloggers who didn’t know about this page–thanks!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..101

28 Lisa September 9, 2010 at 5:05 pm

That lunch looks so awesome. Now I want to make something like it!
Lisa recently posted..It’s Time for Cycling Season!

29 Elizabeth September 9, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Have you ever made the dessert fruit pizza? Not exactly the healthies item in the world since it’s really a cookie, but it’s definitely delicious!

30 Katie September 9, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Wow thanks for the info. I love when the blogs I idolize/ constantly read, post blogging info for a relative newbie like myself.
Katie recently posted..Emergencies

31 Lisa (bakebikeblog) September 9, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Thanks for those tips!!!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..A fitness announcement

32 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 9, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Wow thanks for that tip… I had no idea!!! I’m a featured publisher and I’ve been wondering how to figure out how much I earned!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..The Art Institute of Charlotte

33 Heather September 9, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Thanks for the tip on the FoodBuzz program, never knew where to look for that!
Heather recently posted..Short

34 Caitlin (EatFeats) September 9, 2010 at 8:57 pm

My mom saw your pizza and thought it was a dessert pizza. Silly moms! But hey anything that can be mistaken for dessert has gotta be pretty delicious!
Caitlin (EatFeats) recently posted..The difference between men and women

35 BroccoliHut September 9, 2010 at 9:14 pm

That IS one beautiful pizza…almost as beautiful as Maddie:)

36 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] September 9, 2010 at 9:29 pm

So, how flattering is that photo of you in your new slideshow in your cute running skirt!? VERY : )
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..Clean Eating v College Craziness

37 Gina September 9, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Just wanted to tell you that I really love the new look of your blog! Ok. As you were.

38 Emily [Emilyeatsclean] September 9, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Thanks soooo much for sharing about the featured publisher resource center…..I’m a featured publisher and had NO idea!!!! Oh and the new site is great!! 🙂

39 Julia September 10, 2010 at 1:50 am

Thanks for the tutorial. I actually hunted down the stats after reading your tweet the other day. I had never known before that you could check them there.
Have a great Friday – love all those veggies at dinner!
Julia recently posted..Mahi-Mahi

40 Whitney September 10, 2010 at 8:02 am

Thank you so much for the food buzz tip its going to help out greatly.

I’m not going to lie I actually really like burnt popcorn. Weird I know.

41 Ashlee (AshandLewPlus2) September 10, 2010 at 10:48 am

Thanks for the FoodBuzz info! I am a brand new Featured Publisher (as of yesterday!) so I am happy to know that resource exists!
Ashlee (AshandLewPlus2) recently posted..Water vs Juice

42 Halley (Blunder Construction) September 10, 2010 at 11:28 am

How special are these tasting plates!? I love having an array of textures and flavors to try out, but I never think to make a spread like this. Good plan for lunch too, and so adaptable.
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Laughy Thursday