Post First, Title Second

by Meghann on September 8, 2010

It’s a great philosophy to blog by…Unless you write your whole post and still can’t think of a title. Then you go with a funny title that you hope will make your readers giggle and just go with the flow. 😉

Did it work? No? Darn.

Can’t say I didn’t try. 🙂

My morning has been a crazy one, but a good one. The launch of the new site has been a great experience and I really appreciate all the welcoming comments and feedback from everyone.

Earlier I snacked on some apple sauce and granola.

IMG_8369

Lunch was a bit of an lunch time classic with a sandwich, grapes, and nuts.

IMG_8384

Show of hands – How many people out there had a sandwich for lunch today???

I wonder what the statistics would be if we polled all of America? I’m predicting half or more. I mean, what screams lunch more than a classic sandwich?!?!

IMG_8376

My sandwich has hummus, sunflower seeds, tomato, yellow squash, mushrooms, and spinach all on spelt toast.

IMG_8373

Grapes

IMG_8381

serving of Cashews.

IMG_8379

Don’t forget you can ‘like’ Meals and Miles on Facebook now – http://mealsandmiles.com

What would you consider the classic all-American lunch? I picture a ham and cheese sandwich with   bag of chips.

1 leanne September 8, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I love hummus sandwiches and I’m going to have to try sunflower seeds in my next sammy. They are my go-to secret salad ingredient but I’ve never thought to use them in a sandwich before. PS I love the new look and new title, very fitting.

2 Tasha - the clean eating mama September 8, 2010 at 2:20 pm

When I hear lunch I think of a salad. =)
I eat a sandwhich a week… if that. I think that has to do with I used to eat sandwhiches all. of. the. time. growing up.
Tasha – the clean eating mama recently posted..Gray Day Comfort

3 Britt September 8, 2010 at 2:22 pm

That sandwich looks Amazing! I have to try sunflower seeds on a sammy now. ps, love the new site 🙂

4 Lisa September 8, 2010 at 2:24 pm

That’s funny…The blog titles are the worst for me! I struggle to come up with something witty–but not too wordy.
Lisa recently posted..It’s Time for Cycling Season!

5 Estela @ Weekly Bite September 8, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Love your new blog look & name! So pretty 🙂

6 Maria @ Oh Healthy Day September 8, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Just discovered you blog and love it!

Weird fact: I took the same lunch to school every single day from Kindergarten to Senior Year: half of whole wheat turkey sandwich, cucumbers, pretzels or chips and a granola bar. Every.single.day. My friends made fun of me. My mom begged me to mix it up, but I’m a creature of habit.

7 Beth September 8, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I really like the new blog look and the name is super cute! I am a bit sad to see your old title go, but I guess you are way past being a graduate now 🙂
Beth recently posted..Runner’s High

8 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] September 8, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I almost always comes up with the name at the end. It’s usually not a very good one, but oh well! 🙂
suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] recently posted..Pinnacles National Monument

9 Sarah for Real September 8, 2010 at 2:39 pm

All American lunch? Yeah ham & cheese or PB&J.

I’m having leftover Mexican for lunch, but a sandwich sounds better!

10 Kacy September 8, 2010 at 2:39 pm

I had an Amy’s pocket for lunch, which is sort of like a sandwich, right? I actually usually don’t eat sandwiches for lunch as much as I love them. Not sure why.
Kacy recently posted..Sweet &amp Spicy Maple Glazed Veggies

11 Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels September 8, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I always have a salad for lunch. 🙂 When I think of an all american lunch I think of a sandwich and chips.

12 Dynamics September 8, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Classic American sandwich… Bologna and Cheese?

13 Lizzy September 8, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I love the new design Meghann its amazing!!! Its funny that you blogged about sandwiches today, cause thats totally what i had for lunch. Turkey and Cheese! yummm

14 Elizabeth September 8, 2010 at 2:54 pm

I have a sandwhich pretty much every day for lunch since it’s easy to pack and bring with me to work. especially since I travel visiting clients a lot during the day. Today I had a ham, with swiss laughing cow wedge and apple slices. I am obsessed with laughing cow wedges!

15 Kelly September 8, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Turkey and cheese, or PB&J
Kelly recently posted..Thintervention

16 kristy @ kristyruns.com September 8, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Pb&j all the way! 😉
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..A Taste of Fall

17 Amy H September 8, 2010 at 3:02 pm

I agree with many of the comments above: LOVE the idea of putting sunflower seeds with hummus on your sandwich!!!

18 Leah @ L4L September 8, 2010 at 3:03 pm

I rarely eat sandwiches for lunch. Can’t remember the last time actually. I usually just have straight up leftovers. 😉

For the classic American lunch, I see a PBJ on white with a snack pack, bag of chips, and make an apple or banana.

Oh wait. That was my childhood lunch.

19 Sherry September 8, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Very excited for your new site. I’m just getting acquainted with it. Looks great!

20 Madeline - Greens and Jeans September 8, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I’ve got to say a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is about as American as you can get!
Madeline – Greens and Jeans recently posted..sneaky and a giveaway!

21 Heather September 8, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Ham and Munster Cheese on Rye Bread with Doritos…can’t beat that!

22 Cynthia (It All Changes) September 8, 2010 at 3:41 pm

I always try to come up with something cute for my posts but they usually make no sense. I’ve come to terms with it.

My common american lunch might be different because I didn’t grow up here. For me it was Nutella and PB sandwiches and things like plums on the side.

23 ariel September 8, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Yum! Sometimes a sandwich is just what you need.

When I think American sandwich, I picture a ham and cheese sandwich on white with a bag of plan chips and than some carrots on the side!

24 Erin September 8, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Congrats on the blog name change! PB&J is definitely all-American to me, with a side of chips. 🙂
Erin recently posted..Perfection

25 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) September 8, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I had a sandwich yesterday–today it’s a salad!

26 Cynthia September 8, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Love your new look to your blog and loved the title for it today. So funny. It did make me giggle. 🙂

I try not to make sandwiches all the time, just because I like to mix things up. But I do have one at least 2 or 3 times a week. In fact, I had a sandwich today! It was a sandwich made of leftover meatloaf (from last night’s dinner). Yummy.

The classic American lunch might be . . . grilled cheese? or ham and cheese, I think.

27 Taylor September 8, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Hi Meghann!
I’ve been a reader for a while now, but have never actually left a comment. 😛 However I just felt compelled to tell you that I loveee the new name and blog! It’s totally cute and you definitely did not lose a reader here! 🙂

28 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 8, 2010 at 5:02 pm

For me, the classic American lunch has to be the burger and fries. Hands down.

And does a wrap count as a sandwich? If so, I also had a sandwich for lunch today!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Red Wine Salsa and The Last First Day of Class

29 Jasmine @ Eat Move Write September 8, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I actually had a sandwich for lunch today, but that’s pretty rare for me. I don’t really like sandwiches, but I agree. They’re pretty American. I’m sure that’s because they’re easy peasy.

I like the new blog header. 🙂
Jasmine @ Eat Move Write recently posted..Diary of a Stay-At-Home Writer- Required Reading for Writers

30 amanda September 8, 2010 at 5:15 pm

i love a good sandwich! peanut butter and jelly is usually my go to. is that cheating? but i’m also quite the fan of turkey, veggies, pickle and honey mustard on a toasted bun. yum.

sandwiches really are all american!

31 Bee Goes Bananas September 8, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Wow, your site looks incredible! Such a facelift. I love it and I love the title!
Bee Goes Bananas recently posted..Wild Wednesday

32 Heather September 8, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Random, but what kind of bread do you use?

33 Meghann September 8, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Today’s bread was a spelt bread from a local bakery where my parent’s live called Sunrise 🙂

34 Lisa (bakebikeblog) September 8, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Wow – congrats on this AWESOME new blog name AND layout! It all looks so fantastic!

35 Caitlin (EatFeats) September 8, 2010 at 5:50 pm

That is one healthy sandwich! I still lust after your spelt toast…mm.

I agree that some type of sandwich would probably be the most All American lunch…I always opted for a Kraft Single Cheese Slice and mayo on white bread.
Caitlin (EatFeats) recently posted..The difference between men and women

36 Krystina September 8, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Your new site is so pretty! I love it. 🙂

I had an open faced sandwich for lunch – hummus, cukes, tomato, and oregano on toasted quinoa bread. Yum!

37 Bess @ Bess Be Fit September 8, 2010 at 5:57 pm

CONGRATS on the new domain! I love the name of it and its definitely so exciting. It looks fantastic and I hope you enjoy it! I’ve been reading your blog for awhile and just started one of my own last month…you’re definitely one to look up to! I’m also going to Disney and Universal next week and from your Harry Potter and the Wizarding World post, I AM SO EXCITED. I don’t really like rootbeer either, but I’ll order a butterbeer anyways. Have to!
Bess @ Bess Be Fit recently posted..Let there be gluten-free cake!

38 Meghann September 8, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Have fun!

Apparently there’s a frozen version of butterbeer that I missed last time that is suppose to be really good. I would reccomend trying that one. 🙂

39 Lauren September 8, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Haha you’re too cute! It did make me laugh! I swear. 🙂
Lauren recently posted..Many Mishaps

40 Alyssa September 8, 2010 at 6:42 pm

I love the new blog! It’s classy and professional, clean, yet colorful and engaging 🙂

41 Kristyn September 8, 2010 at 6:46 pm

I love the new blog, Meghann! It looks fantastic and has a wonderful feel to it. Great name too! So cute, colorful, and exciting! Congrats!!

42 D September 8, 2010 at 8:17 pm

is there another way to view the healthy living summits besides the link you posted? i find that the quality is unbearable on my computer 🙁

43 christina cadden September 8, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Love the new blog look!

44 Jessica @ The Process of Healing September 8, 2010 at 9:32 pm

That sandwich sounds good! I actually had a SIAB today!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..The Art Institute of Charlotte

45 Martha September 9, 2010 at 1:36 am

Nothing beats Funfetti cake. It’s tasty *and* fun to look at!

46 Martha September 9, 2010 at 1:37 am

Oops…got excited and commented on the wrong post. Fixing that now…

47 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life September 9, 2010 at 8:32 am

I agree, ham and cheese sandwich all the way!

But then again, I can’t forget my childhood staple: peanut butter and jelly, all smooshed together by lunchtime from being thrown into my backpack in a crumpled brown bag. 🙂 With a little debbie brownie or kudos bar for dessert. I’m pretty sure I ate that everyday for YEARS.
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Progress!!

48 EL September 9, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Classic American to me is a pbj!

49 cara September 9, 2010 at 4:30 pm

I actually was lucky enough to get some tasty indian food today. But am a lover of sandwiches!
cara recently posted..Lots of Rain