Back At It

by Meghann on September 7, 2010

And I’m back!

What a crazy/ exciting weekend away that was!

In case you missed it, here’s a breakdown of my NYC adventure:

Whew….

I got tired just listing that. Needless to say I’m pretty sure we got the most we could out of our little vacation. Now, it’s time to ease our way back in to reality.

What better way to ease in then by getting an extra hour of sleep this morning? Hey, a girl needs her rest! 🙂

I have plans for Hot Yoga this afternoon and sleeping in just sounded like a grand idea as I was preparing myself for bed last night.

The extra time meant extra time for a morning smoothie.

IMG_2821

My fridge was lacking anything truly fresh this morning, but I did manage to round up the few ingredients needed for my SIAB.

IMG_2817

• Frozen Berries
  • Frozen Pineapple
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Almond Milk
  • PB2
  • Granola for topping

IMG_2820

It’s good to be home. 🙂

Ashley had posted about one of her new outfits from Ann Taylor Loft this morning (p.s. I bought the same jacket too 😉 ) and I thought it would only be fair if I shared mine too.

IMAG0155

Eat your heart out J! Just kidding…. 🙂

The top was on sale for $18 (!!) and the skirt came in around $49. Ashley and I both tried the skirt on and fell in love. It’s cute, comfy and so versatile!

I had some nuts as a snack this morning.

IMG_2827

And managed to squeeze in a quick trip to the grocery store during my lunch break so that I could enjoy some fresh veggies for lunch.

IMG_2838

I made a steamed broccoli and marinara sauce hoagie for lunch with a little sprinkle of cheese to tie it all together.

IMG_2832

Too much broccoli + small bun = left overs on the side

IMG_2836

Plus, crispy carrot sticks.

IMG_2834

IMG_2829

Healthy Living Summit Presentations

The 2010 Healthy Living Summit presentations are all officially online!

Click Here to check them out!

1 britchickruns September 7, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Love the outfit! And yay for the HLS stuff being online – I’ve been dying to listen to the photography one again, now I have my camera with me 😀

2 sweetersalt September 7, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Cute top! Lurv me some ruffles!

Laura

3 spabettie September 7, 2010 at 2:13 pm

great outfit!! I love Loft… I cannot get out of there without something 🙂

I am SO making your broccoli in a bun – what a genius idea!

4 Kristy@ KristyRuns.com September 7, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Love that outfit! The top is such a pretty color! Welcome home!

5 Mary September 7, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Glad you had fun in the City 🙂 I love that top on you, so cute!

6 gavrielski September 7, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Love the shirt! I’ve been meaning to take a shopping trip and now I’ll know where I’m headed! 🙂 Welcome back from the Big Apple!

7 kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com September 7, 2010 at 2:38 pm

cute idea for a hot dog bun!!!! haha thats the healthiest hot dog around 😉

that whole outfit is gorgeous, and the shirt is FABULOUS!

8 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 7, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Cute top!

9 Kelly September 7, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Love the outfit!

10 ellaroo88 September 7, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Love the outfit. SO CUTE! I Love Anne Taylor Loft. We have a resale store that sells gently used Anne Taylor, J Crew, Banana Republic, and Gap. I love it! It’s cheaper than full price but is a good brand

11 Ashley September 7, 2010 at 3:24 pm

All I know is I opened this post, saw smoothie, and thought, that is purple and I want to eat it!

12 Heather September 7, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Just finished catching up from the weekend, looks like you had an absolutely great time in NYC, great recaps!

And cute outfit too 🙂

13 gingerbreadcake September 7, 2010 at 4:29 pm

I absolutely love that outfit, you look so pretty! 🙂 And the broccoli in the bun is a fantastic idea, I’m so trying that.

14 Jillian @reshapeyourlife September 7, 2010 at 4:30 pm

The outfit looks fabulous! I would never think of making broccoli into a sandwich… but it sounds good!

15 Caitlin September 7, 2010 at 4:52 pm

I love the shirt, but I think the sandwich steals the show. That sounds so delicious!

16 Shanna, like Banana September 7, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Cute oufit..ow ow!

17 Katie September 7, 2010 at 5:04 pm

I love that cute purple color! Love pastel colors like that!

18 Lisa @ bakebikeblog September 7, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Wow – what an adventure you have had!!!

19 amanda September 7, 2010 at 6:30 pm

blazers are kind of awesome. i love! they scream FALL! holler.

what kind of nuts are they?? they look like they have poppy seeds on them, no?

anddd…yay to the summit being online. looks like i have an exciting tuesday night ahead of me!

20 Aidan September 7, 2010 at 7:53 pm

I’m training for my first marathon, and I have a few questions…

1) Does it matter when you take a rest day? The plan I’m following has it scheduled for the day before long runs, but it works better for me personally if I take it the day after…will that make a big difference?

2) How bad is it to miss a run on the training plan? Obviously I don’t *plan* on it, but in case something comes up, what would you do to make it up?

3) I LOVE strength training and do it at least 3-4 days a week…should I cut down on strength? I’m trying to be careful about my knees so I don’t want to stress them, but my shoulders/back often get sore when I run a lot so I wondered if keeping up with upper body strength would help avoid this?

Thanks!!

21 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self September 7, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Love that Loft outfit! Very cute!

Your post just made me realize that I haven’t had marinara sauce in a really long time…too long! Now I’m craving it. 🙂

22 theprocessofhealing September 7, 2010 at 8:49 pm

So glad the presentations are up! Can’t wait to see them!
And I LOVE that top!

23 BroccoliHut September 7, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Love your lunch–all my faves in one bite!

24 myFOODevents September 7, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Mmmm broccoli hoagie! What a great idea!