more ยป" />

Union Square Farmer's Market

by Meghann on September 4, 2010

New York City is amazing. Enough said.

I’m not sure exactly what I was thinking when I decided to run 20 miles before a busy day of exploring in the city. my legs were aching, my energy was dropping, but I wouldn’t have take anything back for a second. ๐Ÿ™‚

After my epic run this morning all I wanted was a smoothie. A cold, refreshing smoothie eaten that can be eaten with a spoon and served with crunchy granola.

You’ll never guess where we went. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jamba Juice!

I ordered a Chunky Strawberry Topper sans the banana.

This was exactly what I was craving. Delicious. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_7697.jpg

Next stop, the Union Square Farmer’s Market.

The Union Square Farmer’s Market is hands down the freshest, most beautiful Farmer’s Market I have ever seen. I must have muttered ‘I would kill to live next to this’ at least half a dozen times. It puts any Orlando Farmer’s Market to shame.

To shame! ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_7706.JPG IMG_7728.JPG

Ashley and Bo had to pick up some necessities for dinner tonight, which in my opinion made the shopping experience that much more enjoyable. It’s one thing to just walk around a market and check out all the booths; it’s another to have a mission to purchase the ripest, best produce selection available.

The best part was how truly reasonably priced everything was. Fresh, local and organic was a big theme around the market and usually those words tend to translate to ‘really expensive’ but that wasn’t the case here.

We walked home with bags full of ingredients for dinner and our wallets still in tact.

Success!

1 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) September 4, 2010 at 8:58 pm

I stumbled upon that farmer’s market while strolling through NYC a couple months ago. I didn’t get any produce but I did get a vegan carrot cake cookie that was amazeballs.

2 Liz @ LBBakes September 4, 2010 at 9:13 pm

I used to go to the Union Square farmers market every Saturday! I actually planned my runs to end there. Oh I miss it!

3 m September 4, 2010 at 9:17 pm

omg, are you wearing a ROMPER? I love it! Too cute!

4 Caitlin (EatFeats) September 4, 2010 at 9:26 pm

I have that romper! I love Farmer’s Markets. The best I’ve been to is the Ferry Building market in SF. So good.

5 runningwithsass September 4, 2010 at 9:32 pm

so awesome! we don’t have anything like that here for sure!

6 gingerbreadcake September 4, 2010 at 9:38 pm

The farmers market looks wonderful. ๐Ÿ™‚ I love that picture of you at Jamba Juice, so cute!

7 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 4, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Yay for farmer’s markets! The one in NYC looks wonderful, and would sure beat Minneapolis’s farmer’s market. Although I am sure most cities would beat ours!

8 Ash Bear September 5, 2010 at 12:00 am

I had a blast exploring the Farmer’s Market with you all today! We even had enough cash thanks to your secret stash! ๐Ÿ™‚

9 betterwhenweretogether September 5, 2010 at 12:17 am

ive never been to a farmers market! super jealous, that looks so fresh and delicious produce! love your outfit, so darn cute! im glad your having a nice time in NYC! looks like a beautiful day! nice breakfast, so refreshing and delish! have a great night <3
Ashley
chewingoncherries.wordpress.com

10 luna September 5, 2010 at 9:58 am

what a lovely “i-don’t-know-how-you-call-it” you are wearing!Really cute, it is just perfect on you!

11 Cassie September 17, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Wow, that Farmer’s Market looks amazing!