A Side of Bubbles

by Meghann on September 2, 2010

Don’t tell me your tired of packed lunches already!

IMG_7386

At least today is a good one.

IMG_7387

You didn’t think I would get through a whole week of packing lunches without throwing a salad in there, did you?

IMG_7390

Today’s salad came from the massaged kale variety with balsamic vinegar, tomato, sunflower seeds, tomatoes, raisins, and feta.The raisins soaked up the balsamic vinegar last night and plumped up into sweet, tangy balls of deliciousness.

IMG_7392

Sun Chips for some crunch

IMG_7396

And in honor of tomorrow’s flight I thought it would be fun to have the snack I was handed on my last flight.

IMG_7394

I’m honestly not sure why I save the plane snacks. I guess I just have a hard time saying no to free food. 🙂

IMG_7397

With a side of bubbles

IMG_7388

Close your eyes and you’ll swear it’s a gin & tonic, right?

Dried Kiwi &  Almond Butter were enjoyed as a mid-morning snack.

IMG_7382

IMG_7384

Don’t forget to leave my Mom some Birthday Love. 🙂

I’m heading to the doggie hotel after work to drop Maddie off for the weekend. I feel awful leaving her there, but it’s really her own fault for banning herself from every friend’s house I’ve tried to leave her at.

She’s cute, but she sure can be a pain.

Ignore those horns! I swear she’s a total angel around me!

13324_10100210933718983_5207154_59748044_2194605_n

See – angel!

Too bad I can’t leave her at the new Luxury Dog Hotel at Disney World. Hell, I want to stay there! Just a teeny bit out of my price range.

By the way I have a new obsession with the Disney Parks Blog. You think living in Orlando for 25 years would have me grow tired of all the Disney stuff, but I’m finding there’s still so much I need to learn. Remember I’m still a 10 year old girl at heart. 🙂

1 Katie September 2, 2010 at 2:08 pm

You come up with the craziest nut butter combos. And I went to Disney for the first time when I was 18…needless to say, I yelled like a 10 year old girl when I ran into Minnie Mouse.

2 britchickruns September 2, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Haha, love the devil ears on Maddie!
That lunch with the balsamic pumped raisins – sooo good sounding!
I have a little stash of plane snacks too..sugar free mini cookies are staring at me as I type :s

3 Beth September 2, 2010 at 2:10 pm

I am the same way about free snacks on planes! I have bags of peanuts from delta that I’ve had for months but don’t want to get rid of, or eat apparently. 🙂

4 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) September 2, 2010 at 2:11 pm

I dip pretty much anything into almond butter…dates are my favorite though!

FYI La Croix is pretty cheap at Costco. I’m fueling your bubble addiction.

5 Meghann September 2, 2010 at 2:12 pm

My Costco doesn’t have La Croix 🙁 I did splurge on a gigantic thing of Perrier there one time though.

6 newleafeats September 2, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Whoa! Dried kiwi with peanut butter! That’s a new combo…

7 Kelly September 2, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Haha, what does she do that’s so bad?

8 megan @ whatmegansmaking September 2, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I saw on twitter that you’re shooting in manual? Could you go through a step by step list of what you do to set up your camera for the lighting condition you’re in? I”m trying to learn more…

9 Meghann September 2, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I can try, but I’m still learning and am no expert 🙂

10 Lisa September 2, 2010 at 2:24 pm

I love that last picture. She’s so adorable!

11 Rachel Wilkerson September 2, 2010 at 2:25 pm

“plumped up into sweet, tangy balls of deliciousness” is quite possibly the best thing I’ve read today. Ten year old girl? Meet 12-year-old boy.

12 mydynamicjourney September 2, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Why not have a dog walker come into your home? Here you hire some nice person and they come once, twice or however many times you want to your home. Some will even spend the night. They do whatever you need. Most always including walking and playing. OR….Bring Maddie here. She would love it here. HA!

13 NYCRunnerGirl September 2, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Aw, Maddie looks like a little angel to me! 🙂

14 Silvina September 2, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Is Maddie going to Happy Paws? That place is awesome!

15 Paula September 2, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I shouldn’t laugh, but that’s so funny how bad Maddie is. 🙂 Gotta love a trouble maker!

Happy Birthday, Meghann’s Mom!!

16 gingerbreadcake September 2, 2010 at 2:49 pm

I’m a huge Disney nerd. haha. I even worked at Epcot when I lived in Orlando. 🙂

17 KeepItSweet September 2, 2010 at 2:50 pm

lol i always save airplane snacks too

18 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) September 2, 2010 at 2:58 pm

You’ve gotta love some free food! The salad does sound good.

19 Amanda September 2, 2010 at 3:02 pm

What could she possibly do that makes her so bad she’s banned from everyones house??

20 Corey - The Runner's Cookie September 2, 2010 at 3:10 pm

I totally get sick of packed lunches if I bring the same boring thing all day! I went into a huge sandwich rut last year and I won’t let it happen again! I love bringing leftovers and healthy snacks with me to work.
I also usually bring my lunch in a LuLu bag – they are the perfect size!

21 lowandbhold September 2, 2010 at 3:23 pm

I bring my lunch every day so I never tire of seeing them on blogs 🙂 I can’t turn down free food either.

22 Brittney September 2, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Ok, I obviously need to try this La Croix stuff!
I am having the same problem with Clyde. He’s an angel with me, but with anyone else he gets all anxious and does bad things (chews through cords, pees on things, etc…). Even with my husband! I’m terrified to leave him at all now. I even canceled a trip I had planned because I didn’t want to deal with figuring out what to do with him. I need to cut the cord!! haha!

23 Sarah for Real September 2, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Everyone thinks my JRT would be easy to dog sit… Until it’s night time and she wants to cuddle. Under the covers, behind your knees.

I’m in the same boat!

24 theprocessofhealing September 2, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Awww poor little Maddie!

25 Lauren @ Running Examiner September 2, 2010 at 4:20 pm

haha, I shudder at the thought of leaving our dog with unsuspecting friends–he’s a total lovebug, but he’s super energetic and demands allll your attention.

Whenever my boyfriend and I are away, we have Blake (our doggie) stay with a trained sitter from an agency called Fetch! Petcare. Blake stays at the sitter’s home with her dog, where he gets a ton of personalized attention, love, and exercise. It really eases my mind to know he’s in a cozy home with a wonderful sitter.

There are several Fetch! locations in NY and NJ…I’m sure there are some in FL? If you visit the website, you can see if they have registered sitters near you. I trust this place implicitly!

26 Lisa @ bakebikeblog September 2, 2010 at 6:14 pm

What a wonderful looking packed lunch!

27 alison September 2, 2010 at 6:18 pm

“She’s cute, but she sure can be a pain”

Ha! That’s what I’ve been known to say about my daughter! 🙂

28 Caitlin September 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I’m with you on the free food front. Even food I would not normally eat is way more appealing when it is free.

29 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 2, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Aw, that dog resort looks awesome! Too bad we all don’t just have money trees in our backyards 🙂

Now that you’ve shared the Disney Blog, I know what I’ll be doing at work tomorrow…

30 runningwithsass September 2, 2010 at 7:03 pm

yay Disney! I am so obsessed with it I became a Disney Travel agent! I ahve been eyeing that new pet hotel, looks awesome!

31 Rachael September 2, 2010 at 8:46 pm

My dog was banned from most folk’s houses back in the day…something about shedding and the avid consumption of anything remotely edible…counters be damned!
There’s nothing wrong with a little Disney world lovin’ – doesn’t there motto say something about welcoming kids of all ages?
Have a great weekend!

32 Mary September 2, 2010 at 8:48 pm

I love that picture of devil maddie too funny!