Halfway through the hump

by Meghann on September 1, 2010

Does anyone else still giggle when someone refers to Wednesday as ‘Hump Day’?

Deep down inside I swear there is a 10 yr old little girl dying to break free. 😉

Other giggle words:

What are some of yours?

Midmorning I snacked on the last of my Peanut Butter Pretzels (gasp!) and a tiny handful of mixed nuts.

IMG_7275

Lunch was simple and classic: left overs.

IMG_7283

I think the key to bringing lunch to work every day is taking advantage of left overs. With out the options of left overs I would probably eat nothing, but salads and sandwiches during the week.

IMG_7288

Today’s pick included left over roasted Yucca and Eggplant from Monday night covered in left over black beans from Monday’s lunch.

IMG_7282

The combination was good, but it was missing some seasonings. It was a little bland my taste.

On the side some grape tomatoes.

IMG_7289

IMG_7293

One of my co-workers brought in some Indian treats from his recent trip to India to share with the office. I managed to snag a sample what he referred to as Cashew Cake.

IMG_7277

Mmmm… from what he told me this was a mush of creamed cashews and lots of sugar. It was delicious – a wonderful sweet after lunch treat. 🙂

Breaking News

I just opened an e-mail from our HLS video guy and it looks like all of the Healthy Living Summit presentations are *this close* to being online. We have all the codes – now all we need to do is get them on the site! Woo hoo! Stay tuned!

1 Brittney September 1, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Haha! I laugh when I see those “Road Hump” signs for speed bumps. Yeah, I’m a dork.

2 Beth September 1, 2010 at 2:42 pm

“Moist” always makes me cringe.

I am a huge proponent of leftovers too. It’d be so hard to come up with meals if I didn’t make extras for dinner!

3 britchickruns September 1, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Lol I laugh at all of them! ‘Pop’ is actually one of mine..when I was little, it meant ‘to break wind’ :p and it still makes me laugh!

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday September 1, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Really? I’ve never heard that one!

5 Kelly September 1, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Yeah those are the major ones that make me giggle. Also all the innuendo in football language. Those are classics also.

6 Morgan @ Life After Bagels September 1, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Penetration!

Which I have to use all the time at work. In other companies we used the phrases “business blend”, “mix of business”, etc . . . but at my current company we use penetration and I cannot help but giggle. I’m sure it really impresses people.

7 Tracey September 1, 2010 at 3:18 pm

That’s a good one. Penetration is a word that totally makes me giggle.

8 carly September 1, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I am the queen of “that’s what she said” jokes. Also, whenever anyone says that they are going to “do do” something, I bust out laughing. I can’t help it.

9 Jen September 1, 2010 at 2:53 pm

My husband always says I have the mind of a 12 year old boy…I can make anything sound dirty 😉

Jen

10 amystartstorun September 1, 2010 at 2:58 pm

I have a problem with “That’s what she said”

I seriously have to stop myself from saying it at inappropriate times.

Can’t wait for the HLS videos!

11 Lacey @ Lake Life September 1, 2010 at 4:25 pm

In my book, ALL the time is the appropriate time for a lil “that’s what she said.” 🙂

12 Dorry September 1, 2010 at 2:59 pm

SO excited about the HLS presentations! Yay! And LOL about your list. I have to add balls. At my niece’s 2nd bday party on Sunday, one of the adult guests said, “What’s a 2-year-old birthday party without balls?”

13 runningwithsass September 1, 2010 at 3:14 pm

yay for HLS videos! woo hoo!

14 Rae September 1, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Hey! I love the new format, but I really miss the recipe tabs….any chance you might do a recipe page? You do FABULOUS recipes for one!!

15 Meghann September 1, 2010 at 5:28 pm

A recipe tab is definitely on my list!!

16 Tracey September 1, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I’m looking forward to the HLS videos. I wasn’t able to hear the first speaker and really want to know what she had to say.

17 Tina September 1, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I rely on leftovers too. Had some delicious ones today!

18 Cat September 1, 2010 at 3:28 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one that finds fartlek funny. I also have a bit of a giggle every time I say ‘dongle’ (the mobile broadband usb thingy).

19 Molly September 1, 2010 at 3:31 pm

ha so this going to sound totally weird and maybe slightly perverted, but I had a friend in HS who loved going commando…so much so that she would claim every wednesday commando day. If you were going to commando you had to great everyone with a “Happy Wednesday” so they knew you were also participating. hahaha so whenever someone says it’s wednesday I will forever think of that.

Please dont judge me on that deep dark secret lol

xo-Molly

20 Halley @ Blunder Construction September 1, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I love seeing the pictures from your desk, makes me 1. feel better about blogging at work 2. inspired to bring in food as wholesome as yours! Saying ‘boogers’ always makes me laugh.

21 L September 1, 2010 at 3:52 pm

“duty.” tee hee

22 Lacey @ Lake Life September 1, 2010 at 4:24 pm

For some reason I can turn almost any word into something dirty lol! Laughter is the best form of exercise right?

P.S. Did the “cashew cake” taste anything like marzipan? I LOVE marzipan!

23 greensandjeans September 1, 2010 at 4:40 pm

There is always talk of “balls” on healthy living blogs and it makes me giggle every single time

24 gingerbreadcake September 1, 2010 at 4:46 pm

We giggle at the same words. I can’t help but laugh inside when someone says the words “hump day” or nuts.

And when writing about cake balls, I kept giggling. I can’t say balls with a straight face.

25 Lauren @ Running Examiner September 1, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Definitely ‘balls.’ What can I say.

I have no problem with/saying actual dirty words, but the sort of innocent/sort of dirty ones make me hysterical.

26 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 1, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Fartlek is definitely one that makes me giggle 🙂

Lunch looked good–I’ll have to try some sort of combo with those ingredients sometime. The question is: where can I find this cashew cake??!

27 Weighting For 50 September 1, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Hi Meghann.
LOVE your site…I stumbled on your blog a while ago, and have become a fan. My ex used to train for Triatholons, and I felt so childish when I snickered at his fartlek training. Glad to hear I’m not alone in my inner 10 year old.

28 Lauren September 1, 2010 at 6:31 pm

LoL you are so cute! I still laugh at the word “nipple” I have no idea why but that one just makes me giggle.

Hope today was great for you Meghann!

29 Katie September 1, 2010 at 6:35 pm

I love peanut butter pretzels!! Those are some of my favorite things to snack on!

30 Kristina September 1, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Now that we are doing speed work my running group, which consists of 5, laugh every time the word “fartlek” (lol!!) is said. Of course we find every reason to say it. By the way, we are all in our 30’s going on 10…right there with ya’!! =)

31 amanda September 1, 2010 at 6:39 pm

oh! hls videos! that’s exciting.

i don’t have any exact words-but working in a doctors office gives me total access to everyone’s medical records. when my co-worker/friend are going through files, we get super giddy reading certain stories. like a woman sticking {get ready…} a ladle up her vajayjay. and a man who likes sticking objects up his anal. like what in the word. my co-worker and i should definitely be more professional-but we can’t help ourselves from snickering. especially when the patient walks through the doors and we know their little secrets…

32 Heidi September 1, 2010 at 7:25 pm

SPOON! hehehe 😉

33 Laura September 1, 2010 at 7:43 pm

“Hump Day” is not an expression that we use where I live in New Zealand, and the first time I read it was on an American blog. Cue the O_o expression. 😀 Actually the same thing happened when Tina at Carrots n’ Cake once used the word “shag” in a completely different way than I was used to hearing it. Language differences can be unintentionally hilarious.

34 Lisa @ bakebikeblog September 1, 2010 at 8:51 pm

oooh that cashew cake looks yummo!

35 Kristen September 1, 2010 at 9:06 pm

I always laugh at the word “hoe” – as in the garden tool. But still a funny word!

36 Natalie September 1, 2010 at 9:27 pm

This post made me laugh! One of the biggest for me is when I’m training a client or teaching a class and I use the term “balls”. Or even worse, “grab the blue balls so we can get going”. I always end up laughing…mature, I know!

37 Natalie September 1, 2010 at 9:29 pm

38 What Kate Ate September 2, 2010 at 12:21 am

Agreed!

39 Alyssa September 2, 2010 at 12:48 am

I’m going to be 80 years old and still laugh when I say the word penis. It’s just an awful word! All my friends laugh at me because I make up the craziest names for “parts” Like “hoody-hah.”

40 Sana September 2, 2010 at 12:54 am

Did anyone say panties? Hehehe!