more ยป" />

by Meghann on September 1, 2010

I’m liking what I’m seeing. ๐Ÿ™‚

Screen shot 2010-09-02 at 5.31.46 AM.png

Much better than…

Screen shot 2010-09-01 at 8.44.10 PM.png

Much, much better. ๐Ÿ™‚

Those 70 degree temps a going to make my planned 20 mile run on Saturday much more enjoyable.

Oh yeah, have I mentioned I plant to run 20 miles on my vacation? Yep, that’s how I roll! Good thing I have friends who are training and willing to run the majority of those miles with me. Woop woop! ๐Ÿ™‚

To recap, in the past I have completed 16 miles in Chicago, 18 miles in Tallahassee, 11 in San Francisco, and 12 in Miami (all while traveling). I’m telling you I love to run in new cities! It makes the vacation that much more fun!

I wasn’t feeling the afternoon snack I had originally packed this morning, so I dug into my snack drawer for something else.

Hello Clif Bar.

There was only half a bar in the wrapping. Don’t ask me how long it had been there or how I managed to just eat half of a bar at one time.

Still tasted good. ๐Ÿ™‚

My fridge is beginning to get that ‘I’m going out of town for the weekend’ glow about it; meaning it’s pretty bare. Just a few random vegetables and a lot of figs.

Dinner consisted of what ever I could scrounge up.

This included a hummus sandwich with cucumbers, feta, tomato, cucumber, and basil on spelt bread.

(The basil really made this sandwich!)

Steamed broccoli on the side

Some chocolate and figs for dessert.

Don’t ask what I was thinking when I purchased two things of fig the weekend before I was going out of town. I feel like I have figs coming out of my head right now. Good thing I like figs. ๐Ÿ™‚

Now, if only I knew how to make fig jam. Anyone have a recipe out there? ๐Ÿ˜‰

New York City Meet Up!

We have a plan! Looks like it’ll be vegan ice cream on Sunday at 3:00pm. E-mail me at graduatemeghann@gmail.com for details.

1 Krystina September 1, 2010 at 9:24 pm

I’m SO excited for 70 degree Orlando weather! I’m wearing jeans tonight and it feels so good.

2 Sana September 1, 2010 at 9:24 pm

:)! Runs are a great way to get lost in a new city!

3 Tina September 1, 2010 at 9:31 pm

That much cooler temps are going to feel so refreshing. If anything during a 20 mile run can be called refreshing.

I know I love walking around new cities to really see them. I bet runs feel the same way.

4 amanda September 1, 2010 at 9:33 pm

new york is the best! have a killer time. i wish i could come play with you! where is there vegan ice cream? do tell!

i’ll take 70 degrees over 90 degrees any dayyyy!

5 amanda September 1, 2010 at 9:35 pm

ohh, and that sandwich looks awesome. panera bread makes the exact same one. which i love! i’m going to have to give it a go with my own…or well, yours.

6 Megan @ AveryMegGirl September 1, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Stinks I won’t be in town this weekend when you come visit NYC, I would love to meet you again.. Have fun at the meet up and on your trip ๐Ÿ™‚

7 lowandbhold September 1, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Gosh what great weather! That will be so nice!

I wish I could find fresh figs around here ๐Ÿ™

8 hbinthecity September 1, 2010 at 9:41 pm

I moved from Gainesville, FL to the city about 3 weeks ago and this heat has been slowly killing me. I miss central air! I am looking forward to the cooler temps this weekend too! ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Kristy @ KristyRuns.com September 1, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Whaaaaat? HIGHS in the LOW 70s!?!?!? That CAN’T be for real. Atlanta is still in the 90s. *Sigh* Autumn…where are you? ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Karoline September 1, 2010 at 9:44 pm

That forecast is for New City, NY – not New York City! It’s probably not much different though ๐Ÿ™‚

11 theprocessofhealing September 1, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I’d be MORE than happy to take some of those figs off of your hands… I LOVE fresh figs but I can’t find any around here.

12 Alexandra @A Little Bit Better Everyday September 1, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Haha thats the forecast for my town! Thanks for the heads up on the beautiful weather! We’re about 40 min north of NYC so that forecast is probably accurate!

13 Matt September 1, 2010 at 10:05 pm

So jealous of that weather! Have fun in NYC ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Nicole September 1, 2010 at 10:16 pm

For the run 70’s are much better, but in general I would much prefer the 90s. Can’t believe how quickly weather can change, today it was crazy hot at the US Open and by the end of the week, it’ll definitely be fall ๐Ÿ™

15 tropicaleats September 1, 2010 at 11:04 pm

enjoy it up there! that stinks its gonna be rainy here this weekend ugh!

stupid rain.

proud of you for staying focused on running during your travels! you seriously rock.

16 collegegirlruns September 1, 2010 at 11:10 pm

That sandwich looks great! I’m going on vacation in a week and a half and plan to run there ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t wait!

17 Steph September 1, 2010 at 11:29 pm

I have a 16 miler planned for this weekend, where do you guys plan to run, Central Park? If I don’t end up going away this weekend, I would love to join the ice cream meet up and make I could tag along on the run, people to run with sound nice! : )

It’s so nice to see that the weather is cooling off, it’s been like 90 degrees here all week!

18 Caitlin September 1, 2010 at 11:37 pm

The spelt bread that you have always looks so good. That weather forecast looks pretty good, too.

19 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 1, 2010 at 11:41 pm

Those cooler temps will be awesome for your long run! I bet you find that you’ll have a much faster pace than usual!

20 Marina September 2, 2010 at 3:14 am

Good luck with that run!
Sandwich and the dessert….what a perfect meal.

21 Lauren September 2, 2010 at 7:00 am

Haha, we had almost identical dinners tonight! ๐Ÿ™‚

22 anotherannabanana September 2, 2010 at 8:01 am

That sandwich looks delish!
I completely feel you on the weather this weekend. Our high is 79 both Saturday and Sunday. DC has been racking up the 90+ degree days (we’re close to setting a record) so I’m very ready for a few sub-80 days!

23 LiveForTheRun September 2, 2010 at 8:46 am

Ahh NYC is awesome, great weather indeed. Please, please go to the US Open!

24 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 2, 2010 at 8:53 am

It will definitely be perfect weather this weekend (minus Friday)! Can’t wait for the meetup!

25 Mandy September 2, 2010 at 9:50 am

Happy Bday to your mom and aunt! Good luck with your training! My bro is running the marathon as well so I’ll be there cheering!

26 Tracy September 2, 2010 at 11:59 am

I know I’ve seen Gena at Choosingraw.com make a raw jam spread, but I couldn’t find it under her recipe tab. I found it when I searched “fig jam”. It was more of a procedure, not a recipe per se.

27 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] September 2, 2010 at 5:39 pm

La Fuji Mama has some great fig recipes up recently : http://www.lafujimama.com/2010/08/fig-ginger-star-anise-preserves/