more ยป" />

Keeping it Simple

by Meghann on August 31, 2010

This morning I dug into my last AllieBar.

IMG_7162

*sniff *sniff

I was sad to see it go. You will be missed AllieBars! I guess this just gives me and excuse to see Allie again, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Iโ€™ve been cranking it out at work this morning. I have plenty of projects to complete before I head out of town on Friday, so it feels good to cross things off my task list. I feel like I inch closer and closer to the weekend with each item I cross off. ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 2 of lunch in a sack. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_7169

My goal is to not pack the same lunch twice this week.

IMG_7171

Todayโ€™s lunch featured an Egg Salad Hoagie.

IMG_7175

This was super easy to prep last night. All I did was hard boil an egg then mixed it with plain yogurt, honey mustard, paprika, chopped olives, chopped tomatoes, and salt & pepper.

IMG_7178

I canโ€™t tell you the last time I had a simple egg salad hoagie. Usually I chalk my egg salad full of veggies and put it on a salad. But, sometimes itโ€™s best to keep it simple and let the delicious egg stand out on itโ€™s own. ๐Ÿ™‚

Iโ€™m not sure any egg salad hoagie would be complete without some carrot sticks on the side.

IMG_7181

The combination of the two brings me back to my youth for some reason.

Blue Bubbles!

IMG_7174

La Croix was BOGO at Publix last week. I came home with every flavor they had. Donโ€™t judge โ€“ I like a good deal and variety. ๐Ÿ˜‰

All together!

IMG_7184

NYC Readers!

Iโ€™ve had a few comments/ e-mails regarding my trip to NYC this weekend. I know itโ€™s a holiday weekend, but if anyone is interested in a meet up please send me an e-mail at graduatemeghann@gmail.com

Iโ€™m not sure what the plan is yet, but am open to suggestions! Also, let me know what day works best for you โ€“ Saturday, Sunday, or Monday!

1 Beth August 31, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I haven’t had plain old egg salad in so long. That looks delish!

Also, enjoy NYC! My sister runs the NY City for Visitor’s site on about.com (gonyc.about.com) so you should check that out for ideas on what to do. there’s tons of info on there!

2 britchickruns August 31, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I’ve never heard of a hoagie, but whatever it is, it sounds delicious!

3 Meghann August 31, 2010 at 2:05 pm

a hoagie is just another work for a sub or in my case a hot dog bun ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Kelly August 31, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Ahh figures, like the one weekend of the summer I won’t be in NYC. Too bad, maybe next time.

5 newleafeats August 31, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I can’t ever promise to not have the same lunch twice in one week. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee that I’ll have another peanut butter+pumpkin butter sandwich before the week’s up!

Wishing United had La Croix on BOGO. I’ve only had two flavors, but so far my favorite is the grapefruit. I’ve become a little obsessed!

6 Meghann August 31, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I miss pumpkin butter! If I had pumpkin butter in my fridge I would have that sandwich every day of the week too!

7 Jessica August 31, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Two Things…I made your blackbean burger last night….it was EPIC!!!

my grandmother makes homemade pumpkin butter and its to DIE FOR….want me to send you some…

8 Meghann August 31, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Umm… Homemade pumpkin butter? Hell yea!

9 Matt August 31, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Take me to NYC with you ๐Ÿ˜‰

10 sweetersalt August 31, 2010 at 2:16 pm

I had egg salad today too! It’s one of my favorites, but I don’t make it often. I make it with yogurt too, makes it a healthy little lunch.
Laura

11 peachyplum August 31, 2010 at 2:19 pm

I like your lunchbox! I love me some vera!

12 Mary August 31, 2010 at 2:24 pm

hoagies are my favorite sandwich. so is an egg salad sometimes I just like to eat mine plain ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Tina August 31, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I stock up on deals too and always do the variety if I can.

Your egg salad looks really good. I love simple meals like that.

14 Amelia August 31, 2010 at 2:32 pm

yay for NYC! definitely wanna meet up with you while you’re here. ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Virginia August 31, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Love your blog, Meghann, but this is my first comment! I live in NYC and would love to meet up but will be in Florida for the long weeked (the irony!). Just wanted to give you a few fun ideas for your trip (I love making sure visitors enjoy NYC as much as I do!)

Running – Of course Central Park is great, but I prefer the Hudson River Park – just head towards 11th Ave and across the West Side Highway anywhere in Manhattan – you can run for miles -especially nice to run down to Battery Park City along the water.

Walking/Exploring – Check out the High Line – http://www.thehighline.org

Markets – Union Square Greenmarket is a must on Saturdays or Mondays. Other days, Chelsea Market and Limelight Marketplace are both awesome. Mario Batali’s Eataly also is opening today but will probably be a madhouse since it’s new.

Favorite Neighborhoods to Explore – West Village, Soho, East Village, Upper West Side

Favorite Restaurants – Depending on what you are looking for here are my favorites: Otto (Awesome pizza & pastas – definitely make a reservation); ABC Kitchen (New, great for brunch, very seasonal & organic – a little pricey but worth it), Momofuku Milk Bar (amazing cookies and pies, crazy soft serve ice cream flavors), August (Favorite brunch spot with greenhouse dining -best scones ever). Shake Shack (Amazing burgers, fries and shakes. Don’t miss the ‘shroom burger too. Times Square and Upper West Side locations have sorter lines)

Hope you get to try a few of these. Have fun!!!

16 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine August 31, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I’d definitely be down to meet up!! Gracie from Girl Meets Health is visiting me this weekend as well, so it sounds like it’s the cool place to be this weekend!

17 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice August 31, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I might be going away this weekend, but if I do stay, I definitely want to be there for the meet up. Please keep me up to date!

18 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life August 31, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever eaten egg salad… the whole idea kind of freaks me out. I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s because I don’t like yolks. Either way, the idea of putting veggies in it makes it seem much more appetizing. I may have to try that.

19 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) August 31, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I wish I managed to pack a different lunch every day. I usually end up eating the same thing for a week!

20 KeepItSweet August 31, 2010 at 3:39 pm

There is something so good about egg salad on soft bread, I totally agree!

21 Puppy Dog Tales August 31, 2010 at 4:25 pm

I love your lunch bag. Is it Vera? I was just saying the other day that i desperately need a new one. Mine is pathetic looking!

22 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) August 31, 2010 at 4:57 pm

You made those last forever! My mom eats 2 (sometimes 3) a day so I’m used to them going fast :). Come visit and I will spoil you with AllieBars. If I run the 10K in Oct. in Charlottesville I’ll bring some!

23 Megan (Braise The Roof) August 31, 2010 at 5:50 pm

I never think about making egg salad for lunch- I might have to whip some up this week!

24 Googlover/keishua August 31, 2010 at 6:13 pm

MMM…egg salad. I miss those.
I’ll have to pay attention to this series. I need lunch ideas.

25 theprocessofhealing August 31, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Mmmm…. egg salad ๐Ÿ™‚

26 amanda August 31, 2010 at 6:58 pm

i loveeee eggs! however, i’m not so keen on egg salad because i don’t love mayo. i’ve been trying to work out a way to make egg salad without the mayo. hard task since the mayo is what gives it the hold. pshh.

27 What Kate Ate August 31, 2010 at 7:39 pm

I like a variety of La Croix, too. My fave flavor is definitely the Cran-Raspberry though!

28 Caitlin August 31, 2010 at 7:59 pm

That sandwich looks so gooood. I think it’s the roll that puts it over the top. Also your lunchbag is so cute. My lunchbag is so ugly that I’m embarrassed when people see it!

29 Sana September 1, 2010 at 6:59 am

Today I will eat an egg salad! Yay!

30 Ashley K. Edwards September 1, 2010 at 11:18 am

I’ve never had La Croix. I like the packaging. What does it taste like (can you compare it to something else on the market)?

31 Meghann September 1, 2010 at 2:37 pm

La Croix is basically Perrier. It’s flavored carbonated water and it’s delicious if you love bubbles, but aren’t a fan of sweet soda or diet soda.

32 Ashley K. Edwards September 2, 2010 at 9:48 am

I’m definitely going to have to pick some up and try it. Sounds like something I’d dig!