Just add it to the queue

by Meghann on August 30, 2010

Whoa! It looks like there are a lot of Modern Family fans out there!

Truthfully I have never seen an episode! I guess that’s what Netflix is for, right?

modernfamily

As soon as it’s released I promise to fill everyone in with my full review of show. 🙂 According to all the positive reviews in the comments this morning, it looks like this is going to be a good one. 🙂

I also added Mad Men to my queue. I hate to admit it, but I have never seen that show either. :/ I guess I’ve been missing out!

Do awards shows inspire anyone else to add shows to their DVRs or movies to their Netflix queue? Award season gets me every time with this!

It also leaves me to obsessively check imdb.com for the next several days. When reviewing the highlights of the show or it’s fashion, I like to learn why so and so is even on the Red Carpet in the first place. I’m apparently very behind when it comes to who’s who on what shows. 😉

The morning moved along at a surprisingly great pace for a Monday.

I snacked on some mixed nuts earlier in the morning.

IMG_7045

In order to catch our plane to NYC on Friday, I will be working 10 hour days at work this week, which mean lunch will need to be inhaled at my desk instead of on my comfy living room couch.

IMG_7048

I had some extra time last night and thought I would get a jump start on my lunch for today. I set the oven to 415 and put a sweet potato on the oven rack to bake while I blogged and watched tv. Two hours later I smelled something burning and realized I had forgotten the sweet potato in the oven. Oopss…

IMG_7055

The skin was really crispy, but the inside seemed fine. I topped the sweet potato with some black beans and feta cheese then set it in the fridge for lunch today. I had no back up plan, so I was a little scared to sweet potato would be way to dry for lunch today. Fortunately everything was fine. The sweet potato was extra mushy and delicious and any dryness was covered up by the moist black beans.

IMG_7063

On the side I had a thing of applesauce and one Adora disc.

IMG_7057

The sweet applesauce was the perfect palate cleanser between bites of savory beans.

IMG_7065

Adora was the perfect dessert.

IMG_7066

Co-worker: “ Are you drinking a soda?”

Me: “No, La Croix”

Co-worker: (big sigh of relief) “Good, I thought had jumped off the deep end for a moment there:

IMG_7064

Reminder:

Please head over to Derek’s MS Society Fund Raising Page and enter for a chance to win a $50 gift card to Whole Foods (or grocery store of your choice) Details here

FAQ

I’m in the process of updating my FAQ page. Any suggestions on what else should be on there?

1 ellaroo88 August 30, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Ha, I think it’s funny you are watching Modern Family. With all the bloggers watching Glee- I started and now I’m addicted 🙂

2 biz319 August 30, 2010 at 2:28 pm

What? You haven’t seen Modern Family? You will love it! And like Ella above – love Glee!!

3 Kelly August 30, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Modern Family is hilarious. That and Cougar Town are my fav Wed night shows!

4 britchickruns August 30, 2010 at 2:41 pm

I’ve never seen Modern Family! I’m not even sure if it’s shown over here!? Sounds like I should be though!!

5 Nicci@NiftyEats August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm

The bf and I love Modern Family, it’s too funny. I can’t wait to watch them all again on instant Netflx!!

6 lowandbhold August 30, 2010 at 2:50 pm

I had turned off my netflix account bc I felt I wasn’t using it enough but last night I reopened it and added like 10 shows lol. Seriously though, Modern Family is one of the best shows on TV. LOVE it!

7 Beth August 30, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Ohhh you will LOVE mad men!! it’s one of my favorites. black beans + sweet potato is another favorite of mine.

8 Britney August 30, 2010 at 2:58 pm

After the Emmys last night I ended up requesting Temple Grandin and The Big Bang Theory from the library! I also haven’t seen Modern Family, so I’ll have to get that one too.

9 Sarah for Real August 30, 2010 at 3:10 pm

I have to admit that I do want to check out Modern Family after hearing about the awards.

I actually own the first season of Mad Men but never quite made it through. It got a little slow for me. I heard the second season was better though!

10 runningwithsass August 30, 2010 at 3:16 pm

I have never seen modern family either! I must be misisng out, too!

11 Tricia August 30, 2010 at 3:37 pm

I am a huge fan of black beans over sweet potato too- covered in cilantro- YUM!
I found your blog several months ago and have loved it! Because of your blog I am also fans of several others, my healthy living blog holy trinity of sorts is yours, Kath’s, and Emily’s:) Love them all!
RE: FAQ…I am always curious to hear HOW you stay “on track” foodwise. For me, exercise is a given, it is a challenge for sure, but one that I love, so I keep at it. The food part I find much harder to sustain. Any tips???? The blogs do help a lot. And I’m sure all you guys slip up at times, just don’t blog about it much ;o)
thanks!!!!

12 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 30, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Maybe you could put what kind of camera you use in your FAQs

13 Lisa P. August 30, 2010 at 3:42 pm

I am interested in how you (and other bloggers) balance working full-time and blogging three posts a day. What type of software do you use? Do you tell your boss that you are a blogger and blog during lunchtime with their permission?

14 Steph August 30, 2010 at 3:55 pm

I loooove La Croix – my bf and I go through at least two 12 packs a week (always one blue 12 pack and lemon or lime 12 pack). I hardly ever watch TV after Lost ended – however when ever the Oscars roll around, I try to see every movie that is highly nominated.

15 Victoria August 30, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Black beans and sweet potatoes sound very delicious! I am home all day after been order to rest by the doctor. Go to a specialist tomorrow but all I can think about it is making that combo for dinner.

FAQ: I read your blog a lot and I think I would want to know your height/weight and how running affects this. It seems that you run a lot and long distances but sometimes do not seem to eat a lot the day of. Maybe it is just an observation of mine, for you do seem to get in all your veggie needs. Do you limit your meat intake on purpose? Maybe I have not read that you are a vegetarian or something… just does not seem like you get protein from meat.

Just some ideas!!

16 Sana August 30, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Bahahahaha! You should walk in one day with a bag of Micky D’s- that will give your co-workers a shock!

17 Heather August 30, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I wanted to watch Modern Family this summer and get caught up – but I ran out of time.

I also wanted to watch glee – although I really don’t need any tv to watch…

Can’t wait to read your reviews!

18 pursuitofhealthfulness August 30, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Modern Family hadn’t really been on my radar before the Emmy’s, but now I’m interested. Actually, it was the Emmy’s that first turned me onto 30 Rock. With the Oscar’s, it goes it other way: I see the movies that are nominated before the show!

19 Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice August 30, 2010 at 5:03 pm

What!?!? What do you mean you’ve never seen Modern Family AND Mad Men? Those are my favorite shows!

Haha, you are definitely missing out. I like the combination in your sweet potato mix. I think I’ll try that soon 🙂

20 Caitlin August 30, 2010 at 5:28 pm

I didn’t even know the Emmy’s were ON last night until my mom and sister turned on the fashion pre-show. I want to start watching Mad Men, too! I read an article in Entertainment Weekly about the show, and now I feel like I’ve missed out! I’m very lucky to have a sister and mom who are way more television-oriented than I.

21 runningwifle August 30, 2010 at 5:37 pm

A few things I’ve wondered about:
What is your “day job”?
What are your long term fitness and/or personal goals that you are working toward?

22 mishfish13 August 30, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I always tell myself that I’m going to watch every movie mentioned in the Oscars. It never happens. I always make through 3 or 4 at the most and then scurry back to enjoying shallower movies. Haha it’s bad, I know.

I’d like to know how you started blogging 🙂 and… your running journey (how you built up those miles, etc)

23 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad August 30, 2010 at 6:50 pm

I heart Mad Men! Dexter is a REALLY good show too.

24 christina cadden August 30, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I love Modern family! It is one of our favorite shows!

25 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat August 30, 2010 at 7:12 pm

I’ve only seen one episode of Modern Family. I was at my parent’s house and my mom was like “YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS SHOW.” Of course, she only had an episode DVRed from like the middle of the season, and I felt confused the entire time about who was who and so on. (I hate starting shows in the middle of a season/series). I’ll have to add it to my Netflix queue, so I can start from the beginning!

26 hundredtenpounds August 30, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Mad Men is pretty good, I watch that. I also love Dexter and Breaking Bad.

27 What Kate Ate August 30, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Haha! I love when people made comments like that!

28 Alisha August 30, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Modern Family is fantastic! I started watching The Big Bang Theory last year after everyone said Jim Parsons was robbed and how fantastic he was in that show. Those people were right b/c it quickly became one of my favorite shows on TV at the moment.

As for Mad Men, I fail to see why people think it’s so fantastic?! I basically had to force myself through most of season 1 before I realized I was being ridiculous and just because tons of people love it doesn’t mean I have to as well.

The Emmys this year made me want to start watching Breaking Bad, though.

29 theprocessofhealing August 30, 2010 at 8:21 pm

You aren’t alone! I haven’t seen Modern Family either.

30 Lacey @ Lake Life August 30, 2010 at 9:17 pm

I CANNOT stand Modern Family. I believe the only reason it won is because it glorifies unconventional relationships. “The Middle” is a family sitcom that is so much more funny and true-to-life.

31 inmytummy August 30, 2010 at 9:23 pm

I’ve never seen Modern Family or Mad Men either. You should check out Dextrer, since your Netflix recommended it and all. It’s pretty gruesome though, you can’t be squeemish.

32 Meghann August 31, 2010 at 9:23 am

Yes, I LOVE Dexter! If you notice in the photo above I give it 5 stars! 🙂 I’m waiting for the 4th season to become available in my queue. 🙂

33 kimberly August 31, 2010 at 9:29 am

You are going to DIE watching season four! Its the best yet!

34 wnk505 August 31, 2010 at 7:58 am

I just started watching dexter because of a month free of netflix and I’m hooked. It is similar to a more intense law and order. Watch it

35 shorty August 31, 2010 at 9:26 am

My husband and I quite drinking soda about two months ago. It has changed our lives!!lol We do drink plenty of LeCroix 😉 We LOVE that stuff. I didn’t think I was going to make the whole no soda thing much longer, it had been about 4 weeks into it, then we found LeCroix. I was SO thankful because I have not looked back since. My hubs never wanted another soda after the first two weeks. He felt 100% different after he quite drinking soda. He was no longer tired and lethargic. It made such a difference that when I would whine about wanting soda he just laughed because he DID NOT want to go back to his old self. My body didn’t go through such dramatic changes but I do notice subtle ones. I get up earlier without it being SUPER hard like before and I am able to get through the whole day much easier. I realized that it wasn’t the caffeine I was missing so much it was the bubbles! I love me some bubbles!!
shorty

36 Theodora @ Losing Weight in the City August 31, 2010 at 10:50 am

Can’t wait to see you this weekend! 🙂

37 amanda August 31, 2010 at 7:16 pm

girl! you won’t be disappointed with modern family. each and every character is a great time.