I found them!

by Meghann on August 30, 2010

I found them! I found them! I found them! πŸ™‚

153495831.jpg

This weekend I about squealed in Whole Foods when I discovered the elusive Chocolate Chip Brownie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars on the shelves. I happily snatched up one of each and plan to slowly make my way through the stash this week.

Starting with the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip

I nibbled on the bar during an afternoon meeting, so I apologize for not having a photo of the what the actual bar look likes, but if you can picture the Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Larabar with chocolate chips then I think you’d get the idea.

I have to admit, I wasn’t expecting much from the ‘chocolate chips’ dispersed through the bar. In my mind I had pictured bitter cacao nibs that I believe would have took away from the yummy, creamy peanut butter, but thankfully that’s not what I got. Instead of the bitter cacao nibs, my mouth was greeted with real chocolate chips that were sweet, melty, and delicious. πŸ™‚

One bite into the bar and I was sold. Sweet crunchy peanut butter with chocolate chips? What’s not to love?

I have a new favorite Larabar! I can’t wait to try the rest.

Working ten hour days is tough! By the time the clock struck 6 I was more than ready to head home and more than ready to eat a big, hot bowl of food.

I began prepping dinner almost as soon as I walked in the door. I made sure to turn the oven on before I even let Maddie out of the crate and took her outside. πŸ™‚

Dinner was relatively simple due to my absence of creative juices.

It really doesn’t get much simpler than roasted yucca and eggplant with marinara sauce.

I tried to cook the broccoli rabe on the stove top, but it wasn’t cooking fast enough for me. I ended up throwing it in the oven for the last five minutes to get the chewy, wilted effect I was going for.

A slice of spelt toast

Quick dinner to make, easy meal to eat.

I had four Thin Mints for dessert.

And tomorrow it starts all over again. Ughh… Is it Friday yet? πŸ˜‰

Good Night!!

1 Bobbi August 30, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Yummy dinner girl!! Must try those Larabars!

2 Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) August 30, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Simple dinners are sometimes the best! Especially when you’re starved! Roast veggies are definitely one of my go to meals…! And I need to find those Larabar flavors!!

3 Lizzy @ LBBakes August 30, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Thin mints at this time of year?! You must be good at saving them!

4 Evan Thomas August 30, 2010 at 9:16 pm

I’ve tried the cookie dough and the carrot cake. I love them both. I kind of wish that they did make one with raw cacao nibs now that you mention it. Sounds like a great idea!

5 Samantha Angela August 30, 2010 at 9:25 pm

oooh I`ve never had those kinds of larabars!

6 amystartstorun August 30, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Ugh, I am very familiar with the dreaded 10 hour days. It sucks the life right out of you. Hope your week goes very quickly!

7 Chelsea at Striking Balance August 30, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Yay for finding the larabars! I won’t be able to try them for a while, things take a while to get to Canada!

8 Erin August 30, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Oh man, I haven’t seen those flavors around here yet. Need to keep my eyes peeled because they sound YUM.

9 BBx2 - Mandy & jR August 30, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Wait till you try the brownie πŸ™‚ My favorite!!!!

10 runningwithsass August 30, 2010 at 9:36 pm

aahh! I have not seen them yet! I hope my stores get them!

11 sunnytropic August 30, 2010 at 9:39 pm

I can relate on quick & easy dinners…my “hungriest” time of day is late afternoon/early evening so I always want dinner ASAP!

Did I see on Twitter you are running in the World Trade Center Run to Remember this weekend when you are in NYC? My friends and I are doing it too; I’d love to meet up! If not then sometime when you are in NYC. Is anyone doing a blogger meet up?

12 Meghann August 31, 2010 at 8:16 am

Yes, I’m running that race! I’m not sure about a big NYC meet up, but if you’re running the race then I’m sure we can find a way to met up. E-mail me at graduatemeghann@gmail.com πŸ™‚

13 Sana August 30, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Think Mints <3 Better in the freezer?

14 Meghann August 31, 2010 at 8:16 am

Yes! Definitely better in the freezer πŸ™‚

15 Katrina (gluten free gidget) August 30, 2010 at 9:52 pm

We have those at Rollin’ Oats in Tampa! Love!

16 Jessie (Bites and Pieces) August 30, 2010 at 9:59 pm

My Publix just started carrying the new Lara bar flavors and they are cheaper there than at WF! Keep your eyes open for them next time you are there. πŸ™‚

17 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad August 30, 2010 at 9:59 pm

I thought the pb choc chip larabar was pretty good. Its definitely not as nutritious as most of the others though!

18 theprocessofhealing August 30, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Thin mints… it’s been too long!

19 Krystina August 30, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Is that the one in Orlando or Winter Park? The last time I checked the one in Orlando didn’t have the chocolate brownie but I have to go back to check now!

20 Meghann August 31, 2010 at 8:17 am

Nope, it’s the one off Sand Lake!

21 Caitlin August 30, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Whoo hoo making it through the ten hour day! I can’t imagine sitting at a desk for that long. I was a teacher so luckily my ten hour days were spent standing and moving.

22 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) August 30, 2010 at 11:25 pm

I found them TODAY too!!!! I’m tempted to go back and buy both the carrot cake boxes.

23 Steph August 30, 2010 at 11:40 pm

I sent the boyfriend to whole foods to track down carrot cake larabars (all choc chip varieties were a piece of cake to find compared to the carrot cake flavor). Not only did he return bearing carrot cake – but my new favorite flavor – cocoa mole! It’s worth tracking down if you can find it!!

24 sweetandsweat August 30, 2010 at 11:59 pm

Hey Meghann! So I just watched a movie on hulu called the spirit of the marathon (I think?!) and it was about the Chicago marathon. It totally reminded me of you since you’re running it. You should def. check it out!

25 Meghann August 31, 2010 at 8:18 am

I’ve watched it and loved it! It’s one of the movies that inspired me to run the race myself πŸ™‚

26 Pearl August 31, 2010 at 2:08 am

your dinner looks easy and delish! are you and your bf living together?

27 Meghann August 31, 2010 at 8:18 am

No, we don’t live together. He lives in Tampa, which is about an hour and a half away.

28 Jillian @reshapeyourlife August 31, 2010 at 8:48 am

I really must try some more flavors of lara bars!

I feel you on the 10 hour work day, it really just drains all of the energy out of me… But props on cooking, I usually opt to get something out of the freezer or go to a restaurant. haha

29 Amelia August 31, 2010 at 10:10 am

Ooo I really need to track down those Larabars. Sound good.

30 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) August 31, 2010 at 12:37 pm

ugh I’m jealous! I can’t find the larabars anywhere. πŸ™

31 amanda August 31, 2010 at 7:11 pm

i can’t believe you still have girl scout cookies left! jealousssss.

32 Margie September 1, 2010 at 9:40 pm

I just saw a bulk package of Larabars at Costco. It had the chocolate chip cookie dough and I think the other one was the peanut butter one. There was only the two kinds in the box. I was going to pick it up, but I decided not to. I’m going to go back now and check to see if it is the new ones.