Mini Larabar

by Meghann on August 27, 2010

Why, hello….friend.

IMG_6746

I <3 the mini Larabars and was so happy to have them make an appearance in our Healthy Living Summit swag this year.

You see, I have a problem with the concept of just eating half a bar. Truth is when ever I start to eat a bar I’m usually destined to finish it off right then and there whether I really want/need it or not.

Larabars are made with only a few simple ingredients (nuts, fruits, etc.) which makes them delicious and nutritious, but also really calorie dense. If you give me a full bar I’m going to finish it, but I’d probably be satisfied with half if that’s all that was provided.  The smaller Larabar fills my craving, without my brain thinking ‘I must finish the other half.’ It’s perfect. 🙂

The Peanut Butter Cookie flavor is my FAVORITE and I’m dying to find the Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie flavor. Unfortunately that flavor has been MIA in Orlando. Boooo….

For my lunch today I made a simple veggie wrap with Sun Chips.

IMG_6749

The wrap fillers consisted of hummus, olives, avocado, tomato, feta cheese, and spinach.

IMG_6757

So many beautiful colors, how could this not be good? 😉

IMG_6761

I’m not sure if Sun Chips are traditionally meant to be dipped, but I find them a tad boring on their own. They’re much better paired with a little salsa.

IMG_6754

I also threw in a Dark Chocolate Adora Disc for dessert. 🙂

I’m heading to my parent’s house tonight and have been promised a home cooked meal. I have high hopes for this one. 🙂

Have a great Friday everyone!!

1 britchickruns August 27, 2010 at 1:28 pm

I have that exact same mini larabar waiting to be eaten! I am OH so very excited 😛

2 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 27, 2010 at 1:29 pm
3 BBx2 - Mandy & jR August 27, 2010 at 1:32 pm

I love Larabars, too! I haven’t seen the mini ones… but I usually eat half a bar at a time – so that would be so helpful for me! LOL

I have tried the PB/Chocolate chip – and I thought it was good. But they have this new brownie type one that is AMAZING. SO good… I didn’t want it to end 🙂

4 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) August 27, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Hummus wraps are my favorite sandwich =) I love that yours include avocado … although, I don’t like olives, I’d have to leave those out!

I wish I could find some mini larabars around here – they do look like the perfect size!

5 Matt August 27, 2010 at 1:35 pm

The peanut butter cookie flavor is my favorite! I have one for a snack later 🙂

6 Marisa @ Loser for Life August 27, 2010 at 1:36 pm

I feel the same way about eating half a bar. It’s like “unfinished business”! I usually end up scarfing down the whole thing! LOL! The mini bars would be good for me.

PB cookie is my favorite flavor, too 🙂

7 Evan Thomas August 27, 2010 at 1:36 pm

I think I ate both of my mini larabars that Saturday. I was so hungry and I had no clue why. Maybe my body knew I’d be running 16 miles the next day before I did? 😉

8 Julie @ Pickley Pear August 27, 2010 at 1:37 pm

The mini Lara’s are THE BEST! I love that they are all natural and all I need is 90 calories to satisfy a snack craving. Your wrap looks delish as well!

9 Jenna August 27, 2010 at 1:37 pm

I don’t think the Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar can be beat!

10 michele August 27, 2010 at 1:43 pm

that wrap looks soooo good!

11 Caitlin August 27, 2010 at 1:49 pm

I don’t like finishing only half a bar because I feel like the other half is going to become stale before I can eat it!

I also LOVE the peanut butter cookie Larabar. I thought the Chocolate Chip PB one was alright, but I still think PB cookie is top. The chocolate seems to overpower the peanut butter flavor. I don’t like chocolate, though, so that might cloud my judgement!

12 Heather August 27, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I had the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabar last night and it was as good as I thought it could be. Hopefully you can find it soon!

13 Amelia August 27, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Totally with you as far as whole bars. If I open it, the whole thing is getting eaten right then.

Your wrap looks delish! Very similar looking to a Roly Poly sandwich.

14 Kelly August 27, 2010 at 2:01 pm

i feel the same way about bars, and I loveeee sun chips.

15 Raya @ Raya Runs August 27, 2010 at 2:20 pm

The new Publix in Oviedo/Winter springs on Aloma ave right by the 417 entrance (across from Kohl’s) has the peanut butter chocolate chip lara bars, I just picked some up the other day!

16 Pearl August 27, 2010 at 2:21 pm

have a great friday! your meal looks so great.

17 Tina August 27, 2010 at 2:22 pm

That wrap does look so good. I love the avocado peeping out. Enjoy your home cooked meal tonight. 🙂

18 Brooke [onehealthycookie] August 27, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I love mini Larabars! I stash them at school when snack emergencies hit.

19 Pearl August 27, 2010 at 2:43 pm

p.s. i totally understand what you mean when you say that you have to finish a bar! i can never have half of a bar sitting there; i always feel obligated to finish it!

20 Lee August 27, 2010 at 2:43 pm

I can send you a few of the chocolate chip ones if you want. They have them around here. Email me and let me know! Just spreading the Larabar love.

21 Amanda August 27, 2010 at 2:55 pm

I am heading to my parents’ house tonight, too, for a home-cooked dinner. I’m bringing dessert, if you were curious 😉 peanut butter bars with lots of mix-ins. Happy Friday!

22 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] August 27, 2010 at 3:11 pm

HLS mini = my first Larabar. Now I’m hooked! Yay for swag : )

23 Liz August 27, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I haven’t been able to find PB Choco Chip in Southern California either! Found the regular choco chip cookie dough (amazing) and carrot cake (also excellent) but no PB choco chip or brownie 🙁 I’m dying to try them!

24 Rebekah W. August 27, 2010 at 3:24 pm

The peanut butter chocolate chip is worth seeking out. I got a mini one in my bag at a race a few weeks ago. I still can’t find them in the stores in texas though.

25 Meghan August 27, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Mine in Ocoee has them too. I got Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Chip cookie.

Coupons.com did have a coupon for Larabars last Sunday just a PSA. Not sure if they still do.

26 Meghan August 27, 2010 at 3:28 pm

My Publix in Ocoee (Silver Star and Clarke) has them. I got Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Chip cooki on Sunda. Yummy!

27 Meghan August 27, 2010 at 3:28 pm

My Publix in Ocoee (Silver Star and Clarke) has them. I got Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Chip cookie on Sunday. Yummy!

28 Cassie August 27, 2010 at 3:38 pm

That wrap looks delicious!

29 Michelle August 27, 2010 at 3:57 pm

I’m the same way! I have a hard time eating only half of a bar, too!

30 mishfish13 August 27, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Agreed! And bars are so big too.

dang. that wrap looks pro 🙂

31 Miranda @ MirandasJeans August 27, 2010 at 4:26 pm

That is one tasty looking wrap. Love spinach in my sammies and wraps.

32 newleafeats August 27, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Yay! Mini Larabars! I feel the exact same way. I have to eat the entire bar. I can’t get them here, unfortunately. Maybe I’ll find them in the DFW area this weekend…

33 Meg August 27, 2010 at 5:08 pm

I love Larabars! Mini or not 😉

Enjoy your evening with the fam!!

34 Rachael August 27, 2010 at 5:46 pm

The promise of a home-cooked meal sounds good indeed. Enjoy it! I’m headed to my partner’s family place on Cape Cod this weekend, and looking forward to a little mama-generated nutrition!

35 runningwithsass August 27, 2010 at 5:54 pm

peanut butter is my favrorite, too! yum!

36 Erica August 27, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Hey Meghann- I found the new laras in Publix the other day! Take a look!!

37 Brittany August 27, 2010 at 6:02 pm

I’m the same way with bars! I used to say that I was only eat half and save the other half for later, but now I just quit saying it because I know I’m going to eat the whole thing. Minis are the perfect solution!

I’m excited for you to come to VA in October. Are you doing a race in C-ville or just coming to visit Kath. I really hope I can come down and hangout with you all. It’ll be so much fun!

38 pursuitofhealthfulness August 27, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Wraps are one of my favorite go-to lunches throughout the week. The options are just endless! Today I had a really random wrap today of cream cheese, kidney beans, salsa and roasted peppers. It was delicious, though!

39 Anne @ a daily slice August 27, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Larabars complete my life 🙂

40 BroccoliHut August 27, 2010 at 6:13 pm

I’m the same way–I can’t stand to ever eat just half a bar. Hence my obsession with mini Laras and mini Clifs:)
That wrap looks fabulous!

41 Kristy August 27, 2010 at 8:18 pm

I haven’t found the mini bars in my area, hmmm! Your veggie wrap looks wonderful! This is my first time on your blog and I just wanted to say hi! Looking forward to following you, have a great weekend! 🙂

42 ezzie August 27, 2010 at 9:50 pm

I TOTALLY do the same thing with eating the whole bar! It’s like, I’m satisfied, but a voice just tells me to finish the whole thing.
& the wrap looks oh-so-yummy!

43 MegaNerd August 28, 2010 at 6:21 am

Come to an Oviedo Publix, I saw them there!

44 SouthernFiber August 28, 2010 at 11:18 am

Where oh where can I find mini Larabars? Here in upstate SC I have only ever found the regular size ones… I must need to look harder. And that veggie wrap looks yummy!

45 Heather C August 29, 2010 at 11:02 am

I keep hoping they’ll just SELL The minis in stores (Do they already?….). Those two in my HLS bag were gone pretty quickly 😉 heh

46 Lily August 30, 2010 at 9:37 am

Call me a dork, but I was just itching to get my hands on the peanut butter chocolate Larabar and since I live in Wisconsin, I had a lot of trouble finding it! So…what’s a girl to do? SEARCH ONLINE!

I found the new flavors at REI http://www.rei.com/product/722864

Carrot cake is definitely my favorite, although the choco pb one is very good, too!