more ยป" />

Ladies Who Blog

by Meghann on August 26, 2010

Jeanette from J’s Everyday Fashion was sweet enough to organize a ‘Ladies Who Blog’ dinner for various bloggers in the Orlando area this evening.

I <3 J’s blog and am always up for networking with other bloggers, so of course I had to be there!

In attendance (I know I’m missing a couple here) J from J’s Everyday Fashion, Kim from Pulse of Central Florida, Laura from iKnitty.com, Katy from KatyWidrick.com, and me. :)

I felt a little out of place being the only food blogger in attendance, but it was great to hear other bloggers discuss their own niche. I was especially interested in all J had to say about the fashion industry – I know so little about that world! :)

Our gang met for dinner at Nelore – a Brazilian steakhouse off of Park Ave in Winter Park.

The concept of a Brazilian Steakhouse is a simple one.

You start out with a salad bar .

You fill your plate with lots of greens and various other salad bar fix ins’.

Then they come around with the meat.

IMG_6692.jpg

Lots and lots of meat

IMG_6703.jpg

It’s almost a little overwhelming at times, but they do give you a little control with a red and green token.

Red translates to “Whoa, hold off for a second and give me a chance to catch my breath here”

Green means ” I’ve got my big girl pants on – bring it on.”

It was actually pretty fun trying all the different meat options.

I only wanted to try a bite of everything, so by the end of the night my plate looked like this.

That’s a lot of meat!

Oh, you can’t forget the wine! I had a glass of the cab.

IMG_6669.jpg

This wasn’t my first experience at a Brazilian Steakhouse, but it was probably the best yet. The other ones I’ve been to have been very touristy and casual. Nelore was quite the opposite – it was upscale, clean, and classy.

You wouldn’t think a place like this would be a great choice for a vegetarian, but Katy (who is a veg-head) did just fine making a whole meal out of the salad bar with no meat involved. In fact, we were both discussing returning with our men and letting them enjoy the meat fest while we dined at the salad bar for the night. :)

All and all it was a great night out with new friends and good food. :)

Big thanks to J for hosting the event and more thanks to Nelore for the great meal!

1 Tina August 26, 2010 at 10:28 pm

They have a place like this in Atlanta that I always hear about, but don’t go because I couldn’t imagine such a meat heavy meal. I wonder if they have a good salad bar too though. Then I may have to give it a go.

2 carly August 26, 2010 at 10:59 pm

If you’re talking about Sal Grosso, don’t … just some friendly advice! There’s a really good one downtown, but I can’t remember the name off the top of my head.

3 Stephanie August 27, 2010 at 9:16 am

Fogo de Chao! It’s fabulous :)

4 tropicaleats August 26, 2010 at 10:29 pm

the concept of that is SO neat! I’ll have to see if there are any of those around here.

5 rebecca lustig August 26, 2010 at 10:31 pm

haa lovee the token idea! so so cool

6 BBx2 - Mandy & jR August 26, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Gorgeous ladies! Great picture!

I feel like I have been somewhere like this before… but I think it was one of the hotels at Disney? I love that they give you the red and green chips… I remember the one I went to was one thing after another!

7 Meg August 26, 2010 at 10:39 pm

SO cool! I wish I could get into more events like this. Ya’ll look gorgeous, by the way!!

8 elise August 26, 2010 at 10:52 pm

how cool that you got to mingle with non-food bloggers…mustve been interesting to hear about other communities in the blog world.

9 Nancy @ The Wife of a Dairyman August 26, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Looks like a fun time. Boy I know my husband would LOVE that place….with all that meat!

10 It All Changes August 26, 2010 at 11:46 pm

Sounds like a blast. I went to a Brazilian steak house in BRAZIL! I was on a missions trip in high school and kept the card. It’s in Portuguese and a fun point of conversation. I ate some strange things that day I’ll never forget.

11 Rebekah W. August 26, 2010 at 11:49 pm

I love the salad bar at brazilian steakhouses. I always end up thinking I just should have ordered that instead of indulging in the meat. I usually enjoy the meat thought too!

12 Caitlin August 27, 2010 at 12:59 am

My fashion knowledge consists of whatever is on sale at Target, so I’m with you there. Still, your outfit looks very stylish!

Also that salad bar looks sooo goood. I’m a sucker for buffet-type meals.

13 Sana August 27, 2010 at 1:12 am

I love meeting with bloggers SOOO much to talk about!!!

14 Pearl August 27, 2010 at 1:37 am

you ladies are gorrrgeous!

15 Lauren August 27, 2010 at 6:48 am

I love her blog too! :)

Oh my, I remember eating at Foga de’ Chou in DC the night before the Cherry Blossom Race. Being a vegetarian, it made for an interesting experience, but I remember the salad bar being AMAZING!

16 pursuitofhealthfulness August 27, 2010 at 8:13 am

I wish there were more bloggers near where I live. It would be so fun to have a get-together!

17 Olivia @ Blissful Runner August 27, 2010 at 8:44 am

My husband took me to Fogo de Chao, a Brazilan steakhouse in Baltimore for my birthday. It was fun to try but they charge $50 per head and I certainly couldn’t eat enough to make it work the money (though he did just fine!). I can’t imagine paying that kind of cash just to stick to the salad bar – I hope Nelore had a different system or Katy got shafted!

18 Meghann August 27, 2010 at 8:55 am

Just the salad bar was 1/2 the price of the regular meal. :)

19 JsEverydayFashion August 27, 2010 at 9:30 am

Thanks for coming last night Meghann! It was really nice to meet you! Check out my pictures/recap of the night:

20 Whitney August 27, 2010 at 10:09 am

Where did you get your jacket?? I love it!

21 Jess August 27, 2010 at 10:16 am

I’ve been to two Brazilian steakhouses: Chima & Fogo de Chao. As a veg I found it really easy to make a meal of Chima’s salad bar, but not so much at Fogo. I think it just depends on where you go…either way I <3 the plantains and the entire concept is tons of fun!

22 Cassie August 27, 2010 at 11:30 am

I’ve been to a place like that. It really can get overwhelming, but boys do seem to love it!

23 Nidia August 27, 2010 at 11:35 am

Hi…about the brazilian restaurant they have one in Vegas called Pampas and is EXCELLENT…. good choice!!!last night…

24 DaFoodie August 27, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Excellent post Meghann and those pictures are WOW! no match for this wimpy little iPhone haha. Check out Laura’s write up :)

25 M August 29, 2010 at 2:56 am

Who is the blogger in the black polka dot top?

26 Carolina October 12, 2010 at 8:20 am

If you ever have another Orlando bloggers meet up I’d love to come meet you ladies!