Chocolate Chia Pudding

by Meghann on August 26, 2010

What do you guys think of this bag?

Cute? Purse like? Does it scream β€œI’m a tourist and this is my obnoxiously large camera bag”?

(source)

Just looking for some feedback. πŸ˜‰

I took my own advice this morning and decided to take it easy with a lovely 30 minute walk around the neighborhood with Maddie. Maddie had a chance to sniff out the neighborhood and I had a chance to stretch out my legs a bit. πŸ™‚

Breakfast this morning was courtesy of this girl and came from these three simple ingredients.

IMG_6603

What do you get when you combine almond milk, chia seeds, and chocolate vega smoothie mix?

Chocolate Chia Pudding!!! a la Gena πŸ˜‰

IMG_6607

The recipe was simple and just required a combination of water (I used almond milk), chia seeds and the smoothie mix. The combo was then left to congeal in the fridge (about 20 minutes) and topped with some Kashi Go Lean Crunch and half a peach to bulk it up just a tad.

IMG_6614

I have become a big fan of the Chocolate Vega mix. It turned my smoothie into chocolate ice cream on Saturday and turned my chia seeds into chocolate pudding this morning. It’s a win, win. πŸ™‚

IMG_6627

But, be warned – chocolate chia pudding does come with one drawback – you’ll be picking congealed chia seeds out of your teeth all morning. πŸ˜€

IMG_6628

And now I want some more. So good.

1 Brooke [onehealthycookie] August 26, 2010 at 9:09 am

That purse is so cute! I really want to try chia seeds soon. I keep seeing wonderful ideas using them on every blog I read.

2 Freya (Brit Chick Runs) August 26, 2010 at 9:09 am

I love that bag!! it doesn’t look at all like a camera bag!
oohhhh that pudding souds good..if chia seeds weren’t like gold dust round here, i’d make that in a flash πŸ˜›

3 Beth August 26, 2010 at 9:10 am

I made chocolate breakfast pudding yesterday and tried the Vega mix for the first time. I am LOVING it! I added some to my smoothie this morning, too, but I haven’t had it yet.

4 It All Changes August 26, 2010 at 9:11 am

I like the print on the bag but I’m a fan of the hooks on the side. That’s just me though. But it doesn’t scream camera bag which is good.

5 Amy August 26, 2010 at 9:14 am

I like the bag. I don’t think it screams camera bag. The print is cute!

6 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 26, 2010 at 9:14 am
7 Brittney August 26, 2010 at 9:14 am

I like the bag! And I’ve been eying the chia pudding on Gena’s blog as well. I got the Mango Tango Vega in my HLS swag bag, so I’m not sure it’ll be as yummy as chocolate, but I’ll have to give it a try!

8 KeepItSweet August 26, 2010 at 9:14 am

i need to try that- i am addicted to anything involving chia seeds lately

9 postcollegecook August 26, 2010 at 9:18 am

The bag is cute! I really like it.

10 Laura August 26, 2010 at 9:19 am

I really like that bag! I say go for it !:)

11 Ashley August 26, 2010 at 9:21 am

My mom’s a wedding photographer and she has the same bag! She loves it to take on trips, very stylish and practical.

12 newleafeats August 26, 2010 at 9:22 am

Love the bag! In fact, I think that was the one I was drooling over on Etsy the other day…

I’m wanting to replace my now ripped-up bag with a camera bag like that. Of course, I don’t have a DSLR yet, so I’m holding out. I’d love to get a bag like that for my sister for Christmas. She’s starting her first year as a Photography major at Texas Women’s University next week, and I’m sure she’d LOVE it!

13 Mellissa August 26, 2010 at 9:33 am

I have a very similar bag from another supplier on Etsy and I LOVE it. I get so many compliments and it is big enough to hold my purse essentials. One less bag to carry is a good thing.

14 Leianna August 26, 2010 at 9:37 am

I think I need to get me some Vega and try this, looks amazing!

15 katiedin August 26, 2010 at 9:40 am

Thumbs up to the bag. Definitely does NOT look like a camera bag – I didn’t even realize that is what it was until I read the text. Go for it.

16 Amanda August 26, 2010 at 9:45 am

yes x2 – cute and purse-like!

17 Fervent Foodie August 26, 2010 at 9:49 am

Wow that looks really delicious! And I like the bag, even if it is a little touristy!

18 Halley @ Blunder Construction August 26, 2010 at 9:49 am

At least the chia seeds help us out by continually expanding and swelling until we finally get them all out of our teeth! They could be poor sports instead and just hide out in there, but they don’t!

19 anotherannabanana August 26, 2010 at 9:55 am

Definitely looks more like a cute purse than a camera bag. Does it have compartments or anything on the inside to help keep your stuff organized? Either way, it’s definitely cute!

20 biz319 August 26, 2010 at 10:03 am

I like that camera bag – its cute – and my daughter would be all over the red bag you got!

21 jennyinnewyork August 26, 2010 at 10:04 am

that’s so strange- i had that print as a bedspread from urban outfitters when i was a freshman in college… its identical! hahah

22 runningwithsass August 26, 2010 at 10:11 am

I like it! but then again I am very “who cares” when it comes to what other people think of me as a tourist lol!

23 pinkflipflops August 26, 2010 at 10:15 am

I think the bag is ugly.

24 Meghann August 26, 2010 at 10:18 am

Now was this comment really called for?

25 carrie August 26, 2010 at 11:00 am

Um, you asked for opinions. She isn’t commenting on your dog or a bag you made yourself..

If you truly want opinions and not simply people to agree with you, I offer that I too think its pretty heinous and you could do better.

26 Sarah August 26, 2010 at 11:19 am

If you think that bag is heinous I’d hate to see what bag you’re carrying.

There are nice ways of saying you don’t like something. Maybe something like, “This one just doesn’t appeal to me.” Or even, “It’s not my favorite.”

Or you could follow the kindergarten rule #1, “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.”

Meghann, I think the bag is really cute. I love the pattern and the color and I don’t think it screams tourist one bit.

27 Meghann August 26, 2010 at 11:29 am

Now Sarah, that’s not called for either. πŸ™‚

28 Carrie August 26, 2010 at 11:49 am

Sarah,

This summer I have been carrying a Lucky Brand stash bag I’ve had for a few years but I just got a Kooba Millie North for a present from my boyfriend and I’m in love with it!!! You can google them if you would want to see them and let me know your honest opinion.

I’m sure not everyone likes my style and it isn’t for them but luckily I put my big girl panties on every day and can handle a little disagreement. πŸ™‚

29 pinkflipflops August 26, 2010 at 7:30 pm

You asked for my opinion and I gave it. Do you really want only positive comments or do you want real feedback? I don’t believe in sugarcoating and I was not rude. I stated my opinion.

30 Jessica August 26, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Personally, I think this thread is a little ironic considering the bar post a few days ago lol… ;P

31 Andrea August 26, 2010 at 1:24 pm

I don’t think saying the bag is ugly is that harsh. Although, I opted to say ” I am not a fan” further down I wouldn’t be bummed on this comment. She is not saying YOU are ugly. It’s just a plain and simple comment and you asked for honest opinions similar to the kind you dish out about food on this blog.

32 Victoria August 26, 2010 at 10:23 am

I think the bag is really cute and I like it, but I can understand that it’s probably not the style/design for everyone and you did ask for feedback.

33 Meghann August 26, 2010 at 10:26 am

I know, I was just stating the wording was a little harsh in the comment. But, trust me I 100% understand not everyone is going to like it. In fact, if you look up a few comments you will see when someone else actually pointed out another pattern they preferred because I’m assuming they didn’t like the one I picked. πŸ™‚

34 Jessie (Bites and Pieces) August 26, 2010 at 10:25 am

I think it’s a cute bag. It looks more like a messenger bag than a camera bag to me. Not touristy at all! πŸ™‚

35 Alexandra @A Little Bit Better Everyday August 26, 2010 at 10:27 am

I think the bag is really cute but I may be biased because I have a mild obsession with all things flower print πŸ™‚ What do you think about I think the bag is really cute but I may be biased because I have a mild obsession with all things flower print πŸ™‚ What do you think about vega powder compared with other protein powders? I keep seeing protein powders everywhere and I think I want to try some to bulk up my smoothies and such but I’m not sure which one to try first. Any suggestions?

36 Meghann August 26, 2010 at 10:31 am

Honestly, I’m not a big protein powder junkie, so I wouldn’t know where to start! let me tweet and see if anyone has any advice.

37 Alexandra @A Little Bit Better Everyday August 26, 2010 at 10:42 am

Thanks so much!! I love your blog by the way and I can’t wait to see the new design!

38 Meghann August 26, 2010 at 10:37 am

Also, Amanda wrote a great post on how to use protein powders on her blog today http://runtothefinish.blogspot.com/2010/08/protein-powders.html

39 Steph August 26, 2010 at 10:43 am

@Alexandra, I’m big fan of Sunwarrior Protein powder made from sprouted brown rice. I love the vanilla flavour! http://www.sunwarrior.com/

40 carly August 26, 2010 at 10:29 am

I have to be honest here and say that I don’t really like the bag. On the other hand, it doesn’t scream “tourist,” either, and the red looks like it may go with your new laptop bag.

41 Meghann August 26, 2010 at 10:33 am

I was thinking it would go with the new lap top bag too! I have so much blue, so I’m trying to incorporate more colors into my collections. πŸ™‚

42 Emily (Healthy Fit Mama) August 26, 2010 at 10:37 am

@Alexandra – I’m a big fan of Nutribiotic Vanilla Brown Rice Protein Powder. You can get it pretty cheap at allhealthtrends.com

43 Leigh August 26, 2010 at 10:48 am

Love the bag! I linked up to your blog and your post about Ike’s place today on my blog πŸ™‚ Definitely the greatest sandwich place ever!

44 Shanna, like Banana August 26, 2010 at 10:52 am

Adore the purse..great taste!

45 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine August 26, 2010 at 11:25 am

Haha, this is too funny- I had the exact same thing for breakfast this morning!! Great minds think alike πŸ™‚

46 Brooke August 26, 2010 at 11:31 am

I’m shocked that you actually kind of took a break from exercise for a day! You always seem like you over do it!!! I don’t know how you work out as much as you do. ALso, I can’t believe you claimed yesterday that you gained some weight. You still look extremely skinny to me! In fact, I feel like you’d look better if you gained some weight!!

47 Brooke August 26, 2010 at 11:35 am

Sorry if that comment sounded kind of harsh. I was just being honest, though! I feel like you work out SO much, and it is borderline unhealthy, and then you claim that you gain weight, and it’s really annoying to be honest!

48 emily August 26, 2010 at 2:25 pm

I’m sorry, did you pretty much just say that her metabolism annoys you? Sometimes people work out a lot. Sometimes people gain weight. Sometimes those two thing can occur at the same time. Should she lie about it?

49 Kelly August 26, 2010 at 11:46 am

Meh, don’t you think it would be uncomfortable lugging that around NYC all day? I mean it’s cute but there could prob be something better.

50 Shion August 26, 2010 at 11:47 am

I need to get on the chia seed band wagon! Looks delicious!

51 Quinn August 26, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I like the bag – not touristy at all. But, weigh the cost and what you think the overall longevity of it will be.

52 Sarah August 26, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Love the bag! I was looking at them on etsy last night after you mentioned camera bags. I definitely want one for myself. I have to find one in a “manly” pattern though, because “our” camera is really “hubby’s” camera, and he won’t be cool with carrying a bag that’s too girly.

53 Kelly August 26, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I like the bag Meghann! Wouldn’t mind one for myself. πŸ™‚

54 mara August 26, 2010 at 12:27 pm

do NOT like the bag!

55 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat August 26, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Chia seed chocolate pudding is on my list of things to make! Though I wonder if you problem would be solved by grinding up the chia seeds. It might be something to try.

56 Lauren August 26, 2010 at 12:31 pm

No No definitely not too touristy! I love the bag. Although, I think anyone carrying a large carmera and a bag looks touristy no matter how hard you try to avoid it! πŸ˜‰

57 Whitney Chapman August 26, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Love the bag!!

58 Matt August 26, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Mmm I love chia seeds! Had some ni my oatmeal today πŸ™‚

So the Vega mix is good? I was thinking about buying some to try, but it is so damn expensive.

59 Alex August 26, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Eh, I dont really care for the bag..I’m not crazy about the way the flap looks with that print on the black background and I think it seems bulky and stiff. I understand its hard to find an actual camera bag that is still stylish but this just seems kind of old lady to me. I don’t think you should be upset by someone saying that they don’t like it, you asked about it and plenty of time you have products on your blog and you say you don’t like them, its just being honest.

Is there any type of case/small camera bag that you can put inside any regular bag, or is that too inconvenient? I don’t really know because I only have a small camera.

60 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] August 26, 2010 at 1:05 pm

The big red flowers aren’t my style, but I like the concept.

61 Andrea August 26, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I am not a fan of the bag but like the idea that you are trying to match it to your laptop bag. Maybe there are some better patterns on etsy?

62 rebecca lustig August 26, 2010 at 1:21 pm

totally loving the bag! not obnoxious, whatsoever ma dear!

63 Miranda @ MirandasJeans August 26, 2010 at 1:47 pm

I have used my choc-a-lot just once since getting it in my HLS swag bag. I mixed it with some almond milk and tossed it in my blender bottle. Sadly it wasn’t combined all that well, kinda chalky in texture and just didnt’ do it for me. I’m anxious to try it in the blender or even try making choc-a-lot pudding.

I love finding chia seeds after the fact so sweet.

64 Meghann August 26, 2010 at 1:50 pm

That’s precisely why I’m scared to try the smoothie mix just with water/milk as it was intended to be. I would suggest blending it with a smoothie. πŸ™‚

65 Kerri August 26, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I think the bag looks really cheap and unprofessional. I’m not trying to be mean, that was just my first impression…if those things matter to you (and they totally may not!)

66 Meghann August 26, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Thanks for the opinion! I’m not going for professional though – just cute and fun πŸ™‚

67 Sasha August 26, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Hi,
I think the design on the bag is fine – though I think that New York tends to be a little more European and therefore subdued in terms of colors and patterns. However, my biggest concern is that I don’t think velcro is very secure. When I was in Paris, everyone insisted that bags have to have zippers b/c they’re less likely to be pickpocketed.

68 Fallon August 26, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I always forget about the chia seeds getting stuck in between my teeth. I need to start carrying floss with me! hehe

69 Heather @ Sugar & Spice August 26, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Meghann –
I am also looking for a camera bag at the moment. I’ve seen the bag you have up on Etsy – it is very cute! Hope you’re happy with what you decide on – and let us know! πŸ™‚

70 Pearl Lee August 26, 2010 at 3:24 pm

i used chia seeds one time and it came out really weird!

i’m not one to give up! i’ll try again, especially after your photos!

71 Ann Turner August 26, 2010 at 3:34 pm

What about a large Longchamp bag? They are a little expensive but definitely worth it and VERY comfortable to carry around. I have a medium size and large size and looove them!!

72 Rebekah W. August 26, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Yum! I am for sure trying this! I do relate on the problems with the chia seeds. Those really get stuck in every crevice of your teeth!

73 Samantha August 26, 2010 at 7:16 pm

I adore the bag and think if it speaks to you, that’s what matters!

It’s interesting that someone commented on your weight and taking a day off, and the fact that Ashley just posted regarding people mentioning her overdoing it. Will you be addressing that? I personally enjoy reading about the training of bloggers out there. I would never be as fast as you and my running has greatly gone downhill since moving to a climate where my asthma is so exaggerated (even with daily meds) that it’s literally a miserable conquest to even run 7 miles. But you have a lot of heart and always put plenty of thought and effort into the events you sign up and train for. And although the physical isn’t likely your #1 reason for working out, you look fit and healthy.

74 Nicci@NiftyEats August 26, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Haha, I had some chia seeds stuck in my teeth this morning from my smoothie. I poured a bit too much in.

75 Sana August 27, 2010 at 1:25 am

πŸ™‚ If you like the bag you should get it for sure! You are the one that is going to be walking around with it!

{ 1 trackback }