Happy Dance

by Meghann on August 25, 2010

Helllloooooo out there!

Pardon me as I proceed to do my happy dance

*breaks it down*

“Go Meghann, It’s your Birthday,  Go Meghann”

*breaks it back up*

My afternoon meeting was just canceled – hence the happy dance. It’s the simple things in life that require a happy dance, right? 😉

Anyways…

This morning I tried a new yogurt.

IMG_6505

My Healthy Living Summit swag bag contained a freebie coupon for a four pack of Stonyfield Yogurts. Usually I just stick with the regular plain yogurt, but when a freebie presents itself why not take advantage of it and try a new thing? 😉

IMG_6506

The container was tiny and only 90 calories. The yogurt itself was thick and creamy, just as I have come to expect from my good pals at Stonyfield. 😉 I love the portability and with the addition of some Gingerbread Granola it made a great light morning snack.

IMG_6507

I was getting a lot of inquiries about the gingerbread granola in my post this morning, so I snapped a photo of the bag at lunch.

IMG_6525

I believe the brand is Pure Bliss Organic and I found it at my local health food store (Chamberlain’s for any Orlando locals 😉 ) It’s a great whole grain, wheat free, vegan granola with a simple ingredient list and decent nutritional stats.

Let me know if anyone else has ever tried that brand. There were a few other granola flavors (pumpkin spice, pina colada, etc) that I would love to try as well.

Lunch today was a lovely salad I had prepared this morning.

IMG_6522

Having my lunch ready to eat when I get home lends to more play time with Maddie. 🙂

IMG_6520

In the bowl:

• Kale (massaged with balsamic vinegar and EVOO)
  • Chickpea Salad <—on sale at Publix in the deli case this week
  • Olives
  • Athenos Feta <—HLS Coupon Freebie
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Pumpkin Seeds

IMG_6517

Someone had tweeted me asking about Kale and whether I had problems with mine wilting quickly in the fridge. At first I thought no, but then I thought about it. Yes, fresh kale wilts if I leave it in there longer than a few days, but it usually doesn’t last that long. I’ve also been known to buy pre cut and pre-washed kale in a bag (shhhh… don’t tell) and have never had a problem with that! 😉

Wasa crackers with hummus completed my meal

IMG_6515

IMG_6511

I have plans to do a little shopping after work.

*more happy dancing*

See ya!

1 Megan (The Runner's Kitchen) August 25, 2010 at 2:35 pm

I’m a big fan of Stonyfield, but the 4 oz yogurts (esp. the oikos) always feel way too tiny for me! I wish yogurt companies would make 8oz to-go containers. I sometimes buy the big cartons, but it’s not always convenient for work and traveling.

Your salad looks great!

2 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] August 25, 2010 at 2:38 pm

That salad looks so tasty! I’m loving olives more and more, so that just caught my eye. 😉

3 Lisa August 25, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Another good looking salad!
I haven’t tried Stoneyfield yogurt yet. How much sugar is in it?

4 BBx2 - Mandy & jR August 25, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Lunch looks awesome, as always!!!

I need a great probiotic yogurt…I may check this out!

Have fun shopping!!! 🙂

5 Sana August 25, 2010 at 2:59 pm

You are in an awesome mood today :)!!! I love it! Celebrate away!

6 Tina August 25, 2010 at 3:28 pm

I always like trying new things with coupons or offers as well. Then I don’t feel like I wasted my money if I don’t like it. Gingerbread makes me wish for the holidays.

7 Shanna, like Banana August 25, 2010 at 3:45 pm

I heart green olives and don’t know why I don’t put them in salads too. Thanks for the idea!

8 KeepItSweet August 25, 2010 at 3:55 pm

I love when my late afternoon meetings get cancelled!

9 lowandbhold August 25, 2010 at 3:59 pm

I love it when meetings get cancelled!! I’d definitely be doing a happy dance.

Jealous of your shopping. I’m craving a shopping trip, but the finances are not in order.

10 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat August 25, 2010 at 4:38 pm

I love green olives in a salad! In fact, I love green olives on anything. They add a distinct saltiness that you can’t get from anything else.

Have fun shopping! Got anything specific in mind to get?

11 sweetersalt August 25, 2010 at 4:57 pm

It is definitely the little things in a work day that get me through! Good lookin’ salad!

Laura

12 Meghann August 26, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Test Reply!

13 Pearl Lee August 25, 2010 at 5:34 pm

yaaay! canceled meetings are the perfect excuse for a happy dance!

14 Brooke [onehealthycookie] August 25, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Olives on a salad is such a good idea! I would have never thought of that when I make my own.

15 Emily August 25, 2010 at 6:47 pm

An old trick I learned when I worked at a health food store and stocked the produce case: if your kale/chard/insert leafy green (or even broccoli) here is wilting, cut a tiny bit of each stem off, then place the bunch in a cup of water and put it in the fridge. It’ll generally perk right back up!

16 Katie August 25, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Hi!!

Silly question: When you say massage kale.. do u just mean you wash it before you eat it… rub some olive on it? I just can’t seem to wrap my head around this one. HA!!

Thanks!!!! 🙂

17 Fervent Foodie August 25, 2010 at 8:42 pm

The HLS coupons are going to keep me fed for a good two weeks 🙂

18 theprocessofhealing August 25, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Pre-washed and bagged kale is where it’s AT!

19 mishfish13 August 25, 2010 at 9:11 pm

haha i just bought some today! i poured it into a bowl and mixed it with veggies and it looked HUGE.

20 emilydianne August 25, 2010 at 9:12 pm

I’ve always WANTED to like olives. I come from a huge Italian family who loves to eat them before every meal (aka big family dinners), and even though I always try to eat them, but I usually don’t enjoy them. For some weird reason, my mouth watered when I saw them atop your salad. Mmmmm, I’m anticipating a version of this for lunch tomorrow!

21 kimliveshealthy August 25, 2010 at 9:17 pm

The big southern-style kale bags at Publix are what I usually get because you can seal them up pretty air-tight and they won’t go bad as quickly as the whole bunches will. And they come precut and prewashed, so it’s faster to prep. I started eating the massaged kale salad a while ago, and people at work teased me about my Salad Hands! 🙂

22 Ashleigh August 25, 2010 at 10:56 pm

I want that granola! And your lunch is pretty much the perfect meal in my opinion, veggies, crackers, hummus? My favorites!