more ยป" />

Lock Jimmy

by Meghann on August 23, 2010

Happy Monday everyone!

I hit the apartment gym this morning for a little Fartlek action on the treadmill. I completed a 10 minute warm up followed by 8 one minute fartleks and a 10 minute cool down. All while catching up on the news thanks to the gym tv. ๐Ÿ™‚

When I made it back to my apartment I realized I had left my gate key on the treadmill in the gym. I headed back out, but without the gate key to grant me access to the gym I wouldnโ€™t be able to get back in to grab it. Whatโ€™s a girl to do?

After 5 minutes of waiting for someone to let me in, I decided to take matters in to my own hands. Using my car keys I was able to jimmy my way through the un-reliable gym lock to retrieve my key. Iโ€™m not sure why, but the fact I was able to break into the gym by jimmying the lock made me feel pretty bad-ass. ๐Ÿ™‚

I actually learned to jimmy locks back in college when roommates used to steal things and keep them locked in their roomsโ€ฆ but thatโ€™s a whole other issue we wonโ€™t get into right now. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Breakfast

IMG_6292

• 1/2 cup Kix
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Wheat
  • 1/2 cup Attune Chocolate Much Granola
  • Vanilla Yogurt
  • 1/2 Peach
  • Blueberries

IMG_6303

A delectably sweet start to my morning.

IMG_6306

School is back in session this morning!

You know how I can tell? The lovely school zones I ran into on my way into work. Ughhhโ€ฆ

Have schools started back up where youโ€™re from? I know we tend to start a little earlier in the south. The school district where my parents live actually started back a little over two weeks ago! But, they also get out early too. I think they finish up early โ€“ mid May. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 23, 2010 at 9:02 am

You used to steal things from other people’s dorms??

2 Kelly August 23, 2010 at 9:04 am

My sister just started her senior year of college today. Most of the colleges are back, but I don’t think any of the high school or elementary schools are. I am a pro at using credit cards to open locks.

3 mallory August 23, 2010 at 9:04 am

classes at my university start today… oy!

4 rebecca lustig August 23, 2010 at 9:04 am

ha, i used to be abgle to break into my apartment with a credit card. safe? no. self esteem booster? definitely.

enjoy your monday!!

becca xo

5 Meg August 23, 2010 at 10:02 am

Haha, me too!

6 Becki August 23, 2010 at 9:07 am

In Ontario our schools don’t go back until sept !!

7 Leianna August 23, 2010 at 9:13 am

It’s a law in MN to not start school until after labor day because of lake resorts and the MN state fair! Always loved that about my state.

8 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat August 23, 2010 at 11:43 am

Ha, I didn’t realize that was the reason for that law in Minnesota. Learn something new everyday! As much as I hate the later graduation, I am VERY happy that my law school classes don’t start for another 16 days (yes, I am counting).

9 freshman5k August 23, 2010 at 9:20 am

The school’s where I’m from don’t start until after Labor Day. I just moved into college yesterday!!

10 Marianne August 23, 2010 at 9:30 am

I’m in Norway – school started last week here. So annoying that traffic is once again unbearable after 2 months of almost clear roads.

I’m pretty curious about these roommate antics you mentioned…

11 Lindsay August 23, 2010 at 9:38 am

North Dakota schools are starting this week. But I live on the border with Minnesota, so quite a few of my co-workers who have kids are still waiting for school to start. Good job on breaking into the gym!

12 NYCRunnerGirl August 23, 2010 at 9:39 am

I’ll be student teaching this fall – the schools here start up after Labor Day. Two more weeks off!

13 Kristy@ KristyRuns.com August 23, 2010 at 9:50 am

That breakfast looks soooo delish! I can’t believe you broke into the gym! ๐Ÿ˜‰

14 Marina August 23, 2010 at 10:21 am

Mhm, blueberries…yummy looking breakfast!
Thank God, my classes start on 20th September, so I can enjoy my summer completely ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Donna August 23, 2010 at 10:29 am

That was pretty bad-ass! lol My wonderful kids (I use that term loosely this morning as we have already had an arguement over toothpaste and cheerios this morning) started school last week! We are in California (thanks to the Air Force)…we get a week out for Thanksgiving, two weeks for Christmas, a week for Spring Break, A furlough week in Feb, and finally our last day is the first Friday in June!

16 Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) August 23, 2010 at 10:33 am

Your breakfast looks like an icecream dessert this morning! Yum!

School has started here – I only know because it is taking a bit longer to get to work because of the school buses!

17 Angela August 23, 2010 at 10:36 am

I can’t believe you can jimmy a lock! I would kill for that skill – I’ve been in so many situations where I can’t get to something because I’ve forgotten the key!

I love back to school season and it always makes me wish that I was in education. When I was in high school and college I nannyed and worked as a swim instructor, I really miss working with kiddies.

Your breakfast looks awesome. I haven’t eaten yet but I can’t wait anymore. I really want to give that attune granola a try, it looks so tasty.

18 Sarah for Real August 23, 2010 at 10:48 am

I think the schools here don’t start until after Labor Day… though one of the colleges starts up this week.

Fall makes me want to go “new school clothes” shopping and make some major life change…

19 Heather August 23, 2010 at 11:04 am

In the northeast, most schools don’t start until next week or after Labor Day.

At the College I work for, students move in this weekend and start classes on Wednesday – the fall is here!

Great job getting back into the gym – I have never had success with that before!

20 Ariel L. August 23, 2010 at 11:19 am

Here in MD the public schools went back today, the private schools tomorrow, and the colleges start this week.

21 Heather August 23, 2010 at 11:39 am

School started here in the Southwest like 3 weeks ago, super early if you ask me. It seems like kids don’t even get a summer vacation anymore!

22 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine August 23, 2010 at 11:44 am

Public school starts this week for my area, but I don’t start college classes until the 7. We’re late bloomers, I guess ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you have a great day!

23 Megan (Braise The Roof) August 23, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Your breakfast looks like fro yo and I want some! ๐Ÿ™‚

School’s not back in session here and I’m enjoying it while I can- the roads around my office get botched up when school’s on, too!

24 Lauren August 23, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I am always so afraid do doing this at our gym complex. Thankfully, it hasn’t happened in 2 years, but I hope I didn’t just jinx myself now! ๐Ÿ˜‰

25 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) August 23, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Ha, you are such a little criminal breaking and entering! What a cool skill to have!

26 Dorry August 23, 2010 at 12:38 pm

My niece started Kindergarten today! Big deal. She was nervous and excited – I remember being her age. ๐Ÿ™‚

27 Sana August 23, 2010 at 12:42 pm

You are soooo badass!! Yea I start school in 8 days, I don’t want to talk abt it!

28 alison August 23, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Two more weeks! We’re in Northern Virginia and school starts the day after Labor day and goes well in to June. I went to school in Florida and we always started in August and finished in May.

29 LiveForTheRun August 23, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I nodded and laughed at the school zones comment. Ridiculous, and the police just prowl. Agh.

fartlek – don’t you laugh every time you say it?

Love a little MacGyver Barbie!

30 blissfulhope August 23, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Your breakfast looks awesome, I love the chocolate granola addition!

31 hundredtenpounds August 23, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Doing Fartleks are the only thing that make me so sore the next day I can barely walk! Weird!

32 Tina August 23, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Thief!!! LOL You gotta do what you gotta do though. ๐Ÿ˜€

33 Amber from Girl with the Red Hair August 23, 2010 at 1:53 pm

School doesn’t start up here (in British Columbia, Canada) until September 8! I have NEVER started school before labour day weekend before!

That’s hilarious about jimmy-ing locks, haha!

34 Pearl Lee August 23, 2010 at 3:18 pm

hahaha! you bad ass babe, you.

35 mishfish13 August 23, 2010 at 3:18 pm

hahaha! i hope you were humming the james bond theme song ๐Ÿ˜‰

36 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) August 23, 2010 at 4:52 pm

yup! My husband is a high school teacher and he went back today. Summer is officially over for us! ๐Ÿ™

Jimmying a lock is totally b.a.

37 Nicole August 23, 2010 at 7:56 pm

That’s awesome! I could have used a friend with that locksmith talent back in college. ๐Ÿ™‚

38 sirenjess August 23, 2010 at 9:15 pm

I started today teaching Kindergarten. I taught first before. Please everyone say a prayer for me because it’s going to be an interesting year. They really come in Kinder knowing….nothing.

39 Emilyeatsclean August 23, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Ohhh yes school is back in session here in Tennessee and has been for 1.5 weeks now!

40 MelanieF August 24, 2010 at 8:27 am

Most are back in school here in Quebec. I think that High School starts only next Monday, but Colleges and University should have started today.

41 Cassie August 24, 2010 at 10:11 am

I keep trying to find that Attune chocolate granola, but no luck ๐Ÿ™ It looks so good! I may just have to order it off the internet…

42 Lacey @ Lake Life August 24, 2010 at 12:53 pm

School always starts a day or two after labor day here in NY!

43 shelly@campinggirlchronicals August 28, 2010 at 9:09 pm

In Ottawa, we start on September 7th… although most of the teachers are there now setting up.