Maddie the Superstar

by Meghann on August 19, 2010

Maddie was a champ at the vet’s office this morning.

IMG_2725

Minus a small accident involving a nervous stomach and the vet office floor – umm… sorry about that again Dr. Hart – Maddie took all her shots in stride.

IMG_2722

And left with a smile. 🙂

Can you believe my baby weighed in this morning at 12.7 lbs (when I got her she only weighed 5 lbs!) She’s growing up so fast!

I wanted to hit the track this morning for my morning Yassos, but due to some time constraints I decided to just take advantage of my garmin and complete them in my neighborhood.

I’m not usually a fan of the track, but for Yassos I think they’re a must. I spent the whole time staring at my dang garmin for distance and wasn’t paying attention to form, pace, etc. I also missed where my garmin lapped a couple of times and ended up sprinting farther than intended. Oopss…

Breakfast had to be quick.

IMG_5667

Left over green smoothie with some Attune Chocolate Munch Granola <—seriously obsessed with this new HLS swag item!

IMG_5680

IMG_5679

And two Chai Tea Scones with Chocolate Peanut Butter <—I sense a chocolate theme here 😉

IMG_5677

Then I was out the door with wet hair and puppy in toe!

Fast forward a couple of hours and I was ready for a snack at my desk.

IMG_5692

I took all the Oh Nuts! samples from the Healthy Living Summit swag bags and made a mixed nuts mix that I can just scoop a serving from on my way out the door. It makes for a really easy accessible snack. 🙂

Lunch came from tupperware

IMG_5694

IMG_5705

Left over red quiona mixed with frozen edamame, corn, and hummus!

IMG_5697

Blue chips for dipping

IMG_5701

IMG_5706

Carrots for eating

IMG_5700

IMG_5709

Scratch that, carrots were for dipping too. 😉

IMG_5710

Dessert courtesy of HLS swag bag. (apparently another theme of my day)

IMG_5712

So tiny!

IMG_5714

ehhh… not my favoritest thing ever. A little stale and tough to eat. But, it was hearty and one was just enough. I wasn’t left craving more cookies.

A few sites I’m obsessed with at the moment.

Orlando Pinkberry Party!

Have you heard Orlando is getting a Pinkberry?!?! Yippee!!

The grand opening party is tonight from 6 -10 and there are rumors floating around that there will be FREE yogurt and toppings, music, prizes and entertainment. So, I’ll see you there around 8? I’ll be the one in the sugar coma after eating my weight in free froyo. 😉

1 britchickruns August 19, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Big pat for Maddie!!
You didn’t like those cookies!? Oh,,I had one and loved it! Maybe it was the novelty value 😛
Love all the lunch containers 🙂

2 Emily August 19, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Mmm! I frequent Pinkberry here in New York and have been known to make a meal of it.

3 Dorry August 19, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Aww – Maddie is just freaking adorable. I am obsessed with the Attune chocolate munch, too. Yum. Also been eating a ton of quinoa this summer and excited to switch it up in the fall with some holiday flavors. 🙂

4 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) August 19, 2010 at 1:26 pm

I’ve been demolishing my swag snax this week too! I LOVED the Attune granola but didn’t get a sample of it 🙁 Just had some Oh Nuts! almonds and agree about the Mary’s cookies. I like that they are thick and dense.

I love your quickie quinoa salad!!

5 Heather August 19, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Aww, what a little cutie!

6 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday August 19, 2010 at 1:27 pm

LOVE Waffleizer!

7 Erica August 19, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Congrats to Maddie! Such a cutie. Your lunch looks great. Especially the quinoa mix. have fun with the froyo- my most favorite treat.

8 Andrea@CeleryITC August 19, 2010 at 1:39 pm

seeing people throw quinoa into easy recipes is totally inspiring me! I finally bought some but am intimidated by it.

9 theprocessofhealing August 19, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Your lunch looks soooooo good!! And I’m jealous of the fro yo!

10 Kathrin August 19, 2010 at 1:50 pm

I am sure, somebody mentioned that to you before, but just in case not. You can set-up very specific workouts on your Garmin over the training center. The standard workouts that are on the Garmin are just not specific enough, I think.

If you set it up, then the Garmin laps automatically after 0.5 miles. You can choose a custom pace for those 800’s and it’s going to beep at you if you are too fast or too slow… So no staring down at the clock. You can also set-up the length of the RI e.g. 2 minutes. When you are in the workout set-up in TC, just click the green double plus button and you can specify, how many repeats of 800 and RI’s you want to do. It’s pretty intuitive and you’ll have it down in no time.

I do my intervals on the road all the time and have a workout set-up that I just need to upload to the Garmin and maybe change a little based on how many 400’s or 800’s I am planning on running.

11 Meghann August 19, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Trust me I know. 😉 And I did set up the work out on the Garmin, that doesn’t stop me from looking at the garmin every 5 seconds wondering how much closer I am to .5 miles 😉 If I was on the track I would already know based on which part of which lap I was on.

12 Becky August 19, 2010 at 2:00 pm

I find specific workouts on the street so tricky. You made a good effort – impressed! What a good girl Maddie is. Lucy cries like a baby when she gets shots, gets her nails trimmed, or even sees the vet’s office!

13 Shanna, like Banana August 19, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Oh good job Maddie! I can’t bear to take my pets to the vet..I make the hubby go. And would you believe my cat is 5lbs more than your dog 😉

14 Megan August 19, 2010 at 2:37 pm

I didn’t know Disney had a food blog! That’s next up on my web surfing 🙂

The Oh Nuts! samples are great- definite thumbs up there. Haven’t tried my Mary’s yet…

15 Puppy Dog Tales August 19, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I’m so jealous you’re getting a Pinkberry…where I live in MD we don’t even have a Trader Joe’s. I’m so deprived!!!!

16 Krystina August 19, 2010 at 3:11 pm

I want to go to the Pinkberry opening but I don’t have a ride. Boo 🙁

17 runningwithsass August 19, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I hate taking my dogs to the vet. makes me so sad! glad she was a trooper

18 lowandbhold August 19, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Aw, Maddie is so brave and adorable 🙂

19 Olivia @ Blissful Runner August 19, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Mmm! Chai tea scones sound divine! I love me a good spiced chai tea latte!

20 NYCRunnerGirl August 19, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Yay for Pinkberry! There is one a block away from my apartment, which is dangerous for my wallet. Although Pinkberry is great I wish we had self serve places here like you do in Orlando.

21 crystal August 19, 2010 at 3:25 pm

YAY for Pinkberry is right! Charlotte just got one this summer! I like a little slice of heaven!

22 Erin @ A Girl and Her Mutt August 19, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Nice work Maddie! 🙂

That quiona mix looks fantastic! I just picked some up at the store last night. I need to get cookin’!

23 Sana August 19, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Thank god for Garmins. I won’t lie when I run I stare at my Garmin- it keeps me going and sure I am missing out on the beautiful scenery but I am not trying to stop and walk :)!

24 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] August 19, 2010 at 4:54 pm

That quinoa salad sounds crazy good!!

25 eatmovewrite August 19, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Maddie is so, so cute. 🙂

That red quinoa/edamame mix looks good. Two of my fav things.

26 Lisa @ bakebikeblog August 19, 2010 at 5:19 pm

aww Maddie is just too cute 🙂

27 LiveForTheRun August 19, 2010 at 7:17 pm

You know I’m partial to Jacks:) Awww, Maddie did so good. My dog would have sweated half his hair out.

Lovely lunchables as well.

28 Nikki August 19, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Tell me more about this Allie Bar. How many calories? protein? fiber?

29 Lauren August 19, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Aww, go Maddie!!! What a champ! 🙂

I didn’t care for those cookies either. I’ll be honest, “healthy” cookies kind of freak me out.

30 pursuitofhealthfulness August 19, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Your lunch looks delish!

Also, I was obsessed with a similar looking granola in Germany. It is so much danger!