Reunited and it feels so good

by Meghann on August 17, 2010

After a week of being part I was thrilled to be reunited with my pups.

I think Maddie was happy to see me too. πŸ™‚ Sure, she had fun playing with her Uncle Scooby all week, but I know deep down inside she was missing her Mommy.

IMG_5570.jpg IMG_5571.jpg

IMG_5573.jpg IMG_5574.jpg

My parents were happy to meet me halfway for the trade off. Lucky for us Kelly‘s place just happens to be halfway and lucky for us she didn’t mind when we invited ourselves over for dinner. πŸ˜‰

On the menu? Stuffed cabbage!

Tempeh for the girls and ground beef for everyone else.

My plate

Salad

Steamed broccoli

Stuffed cabbage

The inners

Well done Kelly!

This afternoon I had a glorious snack of cantaloupe, yogurt, and granola.

After I got Maddie home I was craving some fresh fruit. I had a nice bowl of fresh strawberries and one of Gina’s macaroons for dessert.

Confession: I kind of want to see the movie Vampires Suck. Don’t Judge.

Confession #2: I missed Maddie.

Good Night

1 Kayla August 17, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Those strawberries look so good. I kinda want to see Vampires Suck too. And I missed the Maddie pics πŸ˜›

2 kristy @ ksayerphotography August 17, 2010 at 9:50 pm

I LOVE the photos of you with your pups! Don’t you love how excited they get when you’ve been gone for a while.
That’s actually how my puppy gets any time I am out of sight for more than 2 minutes – unconditional love is the best πŸ™‚

I want to see Vampires suck too, so no judging here! πŸ˜›

3 lowandbhold August 17, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Hey! Just wanted to say I saw you tweeting about changing your hair today (that’s sounds stalkerish, haha) but I love it that color! And I love your natural curl!

Yay for reuniting with the pup!

4 Liz August 17, 2010 at 9:53 pm

I”m jealous of your reunion! I’m out of town till Friday and I miss my pup SOO much. Luckily my husband is dropping her off at doggie daycare a few days this week and they have a webcam πŸ™‚

5 Molly August 17, 2010 at 9:56 pm

you two are seriously the cutest things ever (next to you and Derek of course πŸ˜‰ ) I was reunited with my pup after the weekend and damn it felt good!

Good job with dinner Kelly!

xo-Molly

6 NYCRunnerGirl August 17, 2010 at 9:56 pm

That last pic is just priceless. Looks like Maddie missed you, too!

7 BBx2 - Mandy & jR August 17, 2010 at 9:58 pm

So sweet! Maddie looks like she was really happy to see you πŸ™‚

8 Julie @ Pickley Pear August 17, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Great looking stuffed cabbage! I’ve never made it but it looks easy enough. Pets are tough to not miss πŸ™‚ Maddie is so cute!!

9 yep, i ate that August 17, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Awww she’s so cute!! I love how dogs lay with their tongues hanging out πŸ™‚

10 Evan Thomas August 17, 2010 at 9:59 pm

I missed my dog, too πŸ™‚ Then I got back and he ignored me like I was never gone. That little rat. I still love him.

11 carly August 17, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Puppeh pictures!

Those cabbage wraps look good. Is there a recipe floating around …? (Anything mixed w/ the tempeh)

12 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine August 17, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Awww, reuniting with pets is the best part of coming home from vacation. People can piss you off, but animals always bring a smile to your face πŸ™‚

13 Dione August 17, 2010 at 10:05 pm

The last picture is so cute! I love that Maddie was looking right at the camera!

14 Dorry August 17, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Awww- so cute to see you with Maddie! Adorbs. And those tempeh cabbage rolls look amazing.

15 Nancy @ The Wife of a Dairyman August 17, 2010 at 10:15 pm

And I’m sure Maddie missed you too:) What a cutie. And the stuffed cabbage, I must try!

16 Amy August 17, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Awww your Maddie pictures are so cute! And confession… I kind of want to see vampires suck too. No judgment here. πŸ™‚

17 Casey August 17, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Maddie is too cute!

Just got home from a preview of Vampires Suck. It’s good for a laugh! (And I’m a Twilight fan too.)

18 Lisa @ bakebikeblog August 17, 2010 at 10:27 pm

awww what great reunion pics!!!

19 Krystina August 17, 2010 at 10:36 pm

That last picture is too cute!

20 runningwithsass August 17, 2010 at 10:43 pm

I kind of what to see it too! lol!

21 Pearl Lee August 17, 2010 at 11:14 pm

i’m so happy you’re reuinted with mady! whenever i go away on trips, i always miss my toby so much.

22 nickee August 17, 2010 at 11:32 pm

such cute puppy pictures!!! πŸ™‚ Hey I would still like to know where you got your dress from – the one that you wore for the HLS cocktail party πŸ™‚ please pleasssee

23 nickee August 17, 2010 at 11:38 pm

nevermind the dress question – i saw your other post!! πŸ™‚

24 pursuitofhealthfulness August 17, 2010 at 11:45 pm

I had a post by this same title last week, haha! I’m sure it was nice to be back, even if you had fun on your vacation. Any idea how Kelly prepared the cabage stuffed with tempeh?

25 Hayley August 17, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Yum.. I want that dinner! So much pretty green food.

26 kdavis14 August 18, 2010 at 1:30 am

aww you and your dog are so cute! i love love love dogs! also your blog is really great πŸ™‚

27 Tiffany August 18, 2010 at 2:02 am

As much as I love travelling, the best part of any trip (for me) is coming home to my furbaby!

I just came home from a free screening of Vampires Suck and I was amused. Granted, I am a huge Twilight/vampires fan and lover of pop culture, so I understood all the jokes. It was funny, but I wouldn’t recommend running out and seeing it ASAP hehe

28 Nicci@NiftyEats August 18, 2010 at 2:44 am

I think Maddie was super excited to see you too, I know I was pretty ecstatic to see my pup and bf too!

29 Michelle August 18, 2010 at 2:45 am

Mmm those things look amazing πŸ™‚ and don’t worry – i also want to see Vampires Suck. anything that makes fun of twilight, i’m up for!

30 Brittney August 18, 2010 at 5:57 am

Aww so you and Maddie are so cute! That’s pretty much my exact scenario when I got Clyde in my arms Sunday, but I didn’t have anyone to snap pictures of us! I also want to see Vampires Suck. I have a weird love of spoof movies…lol!

31 Lauren August 18, 2010 at 6:54 am

Awwww, the reunion pics are so priceless!! I am sure Maddie was just as happy to see you too!

32 Heather C August 18, 2010 at 7:54 am

I want to see that tooo, hahah it just looks too funny. And a guy I went to high school with is playing Salvatore!
…I’ve also wanted to say Thank You Derek for running for M.S. my mom also suffers from MS.

33 emilydianne August 18, 2010 at 8:08 am

I want a dog. Growing up, my parents always thought it would be too much of a “responsibility.” Your pup is precious! And the stuff cabbage looks deeeelish!

34 echoingmetaphor August 18, 2010 at 8:20 am

That stuffd cabbage looks great! I’ll have to make some sometime!

I’ve seen about 15 minutes of Vampires Suck and that was about all I could handle.. it was BAD!

35 Sammy August 18, 2010 at 9:11 am

I seriously always laugh so hard at the “movie” movies trailer….but I think they show you all the funny stuff in the trailer. My husband was won over by that “Meet the Spartans” one, and as funny as the trailer was, he said the movie was so awful. Not even stupid funny. )-:

I miss good parody films.

36 Amanda August 18, 2010 at 10:12 am

Hey Meghann! I kind of want to see the movie, too! So, don’t feel bad, lol. There is a great kettle ball work out in the September 2010 issue of Women’s Health Magazine. I did it earlier this week, and it was pretty tough! It’s also on their website, here is the link:

Hope you have a great day!

37 Stefanie August 18, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Women’s Health-whole article on the Kettle bells. I use em once a week and figure eights and swings are the best..

here are some good ones too

38 hundredtenpounds August 18, 2010 at 12:36 pm

What cute babies! I bet they missed their mama!

39 spabettie August 18, 2010 at 2:25 pm

what a sweet pup !! πŸ™‚ love the first photos of you two… πŸ™‚

I know what you mean… each time we go out of town (even for a weekend!) I miss my Basil Pup like crazy… πŸ™‚ and it’s always so great to see him again!

I have not had stuffed cabbage forever… like, since I stopped eating meat… wow… great way to make them!

40 Suyapa August 23, 2010 at 1:08 am

I actually watched Vampires Suck today lol and then my sister and I HAD to watch Eclipse πŸ˜‰