Running Bloggers

by Meghann on August 15, 2010

Throughout the Healthy Living Summit weekend I discovered quite a few other bloggers who were all training for fall marathons and who all just happened to need to squeeze in a 16 mile run this morning.

How great is that?

We all decided to band together and conquer the 16 miles together this morning.

Recognize anyone? I feel like we had an awesome line up of running bloggers!

From left to right: Leslie, Me, Emily, Monica, Jenn, Bec, Evan and (unpictured) Theodora

The run was of course beautiful and it really helped to have so many amazing runners to run with. We laughed, we gossiped, we discussed all things running and of course we had a fabulous time.

We kept around a 9:45ish pace the entire time, which I thought was great for such a large group. It was actually the best run I’ve had in a while. I never had a desire to stop and walk or to just give up. I felt happy and free – I love running with friends!

It was great that we even had a couple of marathon training newbies who were all conquering 16 miles for the first time this morning.

Way to go ladies!!!

Thank you friends for taking the time to come run with me, I wouldn’t have been able to do it without all of you!

Also, thanks to Leslie for again being a fabulous running photographer!! πŸ™‚

After breakfast I had a very brief shower and headed downstairs to the Thomas Bagel Things sponsored farewell breakfast.

They had a build you own cream cheese station! How cool is that?

I made one with walnuts, honey, raisins, blueberries, and a pinch of salt (reccomended by the chef).

With my cream cheese I also had a toasted bagel thin, eggs, and a LOT of fruit.

The cream cheese was AMAZING! The build your own cream cheese is such a cute breakfast idea. That would be a fun set up for a brunch or something.

I owe Beck big time for picking me up a strawberry smoothie after the run – I inhaled it!

IMG_5393.jpg

I just had to say good bye to so many blogging friends * sniff *sniff. Now I have to figure out how to pack all my swag and grab some pizza on my way out the door.

See ya!

1 emr1984 August 15, 2010 at 12:03 pm

thanks for listing some new-to-me running bloggers!

2 Courtney August 15, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Fun! I’m glad you liked Chicago… and the cream cheese looked divine! πŸ˜€

3 Katie August 15, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Wow congrats to all of you on the 16 miles! I give runners so much credit!!! Congrats to the new 16 miler first girls too!!!

That is so cool, build your own cream cheese! love it! Glad you had such a great trip and I hope to go to HLS next year, hope to meet you one day!

4 Erin August 15, 2010 at 12:38 pm

I gotta give it to ya – 16 miles? That’s amazing – and awesome!

“I never had a desire to stop and walk or to just give up. I felt happy and free – I love running with friends!” – perhaps the nice scenery helped, as well?

5 Balance is Beauty August 15, 2010 at 12:42 pm

16 miles, congrats! That is just something that seriously blows my mind…I’m still at a place where running 3 miles without stopping is great haha. Maybe one day I’ll be in the same spot you guys are in. Until then, I’ll just live vicariously through your pictures πŸ™‚

6 pursuitofhealthfulness August 15, 2010 at 1:41 pm

The build-your-own cream cheese station really is a cool idea!
Sounds like the HLS was a success!

7 Tina August 15, 2010 at 1:57 pm

I think the only way I could ever manage a 16 mile run would be with the support of many others.

Your breakfast plate looks delicious.

8 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) August 15, 2010 at 2:10 pm

How awesome!! 16 miles seems much more fun when done with such amazing, inspiring people to talk to.

9 Kelly Olexa August 15, 2010 at 2:23 pm

FUN!! Next year I am SO going to HLS especially because it is in my backyard!! So glad you kids had a great time!! πŸ˜‰

10 Pearl Lee August 15, 2010 at 3:10 pm

yaaay for bloggers! i’m glad you had so much fun in chicago!

11 runningwithsass August 15, 2010 at 3:36 pm

so fun running with friends! I wish I had a safe 16 mile trail around here to run!

12 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) August 15, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Aw I’m so sad that I couldn’t make it to the HLS for the second time. One day I’ll go! Looks like you guys had a blast. I bet running in a new city was fantastic.

13 Maddie August 15, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Congrats on the run! And that cream cheese looks amazing πŸ™‚ What an awesome idea!

14 shelly@campinggirlchronicals August 15, 2010 at 5:18 pm

That run looks like it was on a beautiful route.

I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blogger award.

15 wnk505 August 15, 2010 at 5:35 pm

running together looked like so much fun!

The cream cheese thing is a great idea for a cute little party

16 Lisa @ bakebikeblog August 15, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Wow – awesome run! Gotta love running with friends πŸ™‚

17 Katie August 15, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Great job on conquering the 16 mile run! That’s so awesome!

18 Kristy @ KristyRuns.com August 15, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Dang. If I ate dairy, I would totally be all over that cream cheese station! πŸ˜‰

16 miles in the books! Whoo hooo!

19 45before35 August 15, 2010 at 8:07 pm

I drool over your 16 miles and that cream cheese…Wow to both!

20 Elizabeth A. August 15, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Hey Meghann, I just thought I would write to you for the first time. I have been looking at your blogs for months. I always love what you post and look forward to reading it daily. Your pictures and recipes are my absolute favorite! Thanks for taking the time to enlighten a girls life during College!

21 yep, i ate that August 15, 2010 at 8:37 pm

HLS sounds like soo much fun!!

Your cream cheese looks yummy yummy, what a great idea to have a make-your-own station.

22 caronae August 15, 2010 at 9:01 pm

I love meeting new bloggers on runs — it’s such a great way to get to know people.

And a make-your-own-cream-cheese bar? Most creative — and of course delicious — breakfast I’ve seen in a while! Safe travels!

23 Julie @ Wearing Mascara August 15, 2010 at 9:18 pm

How fricken awesome πŸ™‚ Glad you all conquered 16-miles together! Kudos to the newbies too πŸ™‚ That’s amazing! Hopefully I’ll be able to run with you next year at HLS.

24 Becky August 16, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I’m so glad I ran with you! It was the perfect way to end the HLS weekend. I loved every mile! Next time we run together, you can buy the smoothies πŸ˜‰

25 hundredtenpounds August 16, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Okay this might be a silly question, but how did everyone stay at the same pace to run together? Was one person the pace setter? What about faster/slower runners?

26 Meghann August 16, 2010 at 2:48 pm

We just kind of ran. We seemed to be all the same pace. We did lose one person after a couple of miles, but she was never too far behind πŸ™‚

27 myFOODevents August 16, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Congrats all you new 16 milers! And the cream cheese idea was BRILLIANT, whoever tought of that!

28 Emily @ Relishments August 17, 2010 at 8:34 am

I’m so impressed that you ran 16 miles! I was hot and uncomfortable just walking!
It was great to meet you–thanks for helping to organize such a great summit!

29 Brandy August 19, 2010 at 8:45 am

Even though I didn’t attend…I had to put something up about HLS and how blogging has changed me for the better.

It’s my post today: http://secondchancehappiness.blogspot.com/2010/08/blogging-for-better.html.

So, thank you for all that you do!

30 caitlin August 19, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Any chance you can tell me where the girl with the black top/white hat got her colorful running shorts?? I have seen them around town but only ON PEOPLE πŸ™‚ not in stores. If you could ask her I’d be delighted!!

Thanks so much!