My Brain Hurts

by Meghann on August 10, 2010

I’ve been trying to wrap my head around a couple of big projects for work all morning.

Exhibit A:

IMG_4272

The projects + last minute Healthy Living Summit details + too many cups of hot tea this morning has left my head feeling fried.

Exhibit B:

224671970v5_225x225_Front

(source)

Whose ready for Thursday? I am! I am!! 🙂

Luckily all the work is making the morning (and afternoon) fly by! Woop Woop! And I have yoga plans after work. Yoga = relaxing afternoon bliss. 😉

This morning I had Cherry Tomatoes (might as well be candy if you ask me) and a slab of mozzarella cheese for a snack.

IMG_4260

Lunch was a hearty dose of Sunday night left overs.

IMG_4267

I topped the remaining serving of Jicama Coleslaw with some of the left over Coconut Crusted Tofu and drizzled it all with some bbq sauce.

IMG_4264

The sweetness of the bbq sauce mixed with the slight tartness of the coleslaw and chewy tofu made for a wonderful lunch time bowl. The mix of summertime flavors and textures simply worked together.

With a Chai Tea Scone on the side.

IMG_4261

Time to get back to work! 🙂

What  are you working on today? Any big projects? Spill!

1 gavrielski August 10, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I’m still getting acquainted with my new job and am having some trouble getting used to communication styles! So far, things have been great, but starting any new job is tough! Good luck finishing up all of your big projects and keeping your brain well-maintained in the process! 🙂

2 LiveForTheRun August 10, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I am moving offices, so I am working on trying organize myself physically as well.

I try to get some fresh air when I feel my brain might explode:) Great pic, lol.

3 Katy August 10, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Ugh. Prepping for a meeting with my supervisor in 1/2 an hour. Will be thoroughly unproductive, but she likes to feel like she’s leading.

4 Marilou August 10, 2010 at 2:07 pm

I’m in the last few days of the position I’ve occupied for the last year and a half … data entry principally!

Can’t wait to start my new position in 2 weeks! 🙂

5 Beth August 10, 2010 at 2:08 pm

I’m working on brainstorming for my relatively new blog…as well as finishing up a project at work and training.

So excited for HLS!

6 britchickruns August 10, 2010 at 2:09 pm

I was working in my shop…but I found out today it’s closing! So my last day before the HLS suddenly turned into my last day ever 🙁
Chai tea scone sounds SO good!

7 silvershadow157 August 10, 2010 at 2:11 pm

I’m halfway through training for my graduate assistantship which so far has been a repeat of everything from last year…super exciting

8 brandi August 10, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I feel the same way! We leave for Honduras tomorrow, and haven’t packed our bags yet! Tonight/tomorrow will be VERY busy. I have at least 10 lists right now of everything I need to do.

Good luck with everything! I can’t wait to read recaps of the HLS – so sad the schedule didn’t work for me this year, but I hope to come next time!

9 Emily August 10, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Ay, I’m always working on big projects at work. I work with so many attorneys on so many different cases, and I’m so eager to please!

Did your coconut tofu get soggy or was it still good left over?

10 sweetersalt August 10, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I just finished helping with a large mailing – ugh paper cuts!

11 Dynamics August 10, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Trying to design with Excel. Ugg. I hate Excel. Maybe if I spent some time really learning Excel it might help me. Brain Fry, I hear you!

12 Kelly August 10, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I’m making really fun pandora stations to listen to while bored out of my mind. Does that count?

13 It All Changes August 10, 2010 at 2:35 pm

I’m on vacation so I’m relaxing, working on blog stuff and just hanging out with friends. It is a perfect day 🙂

14 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. August 10, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I’m playing catch up – I took Friday off and was out sick all-day yesterday and this morning. Fun stuff, right?!

15 myFOODevents August 10, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Searching for a new bed!

16 culturalcravings August 10, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I’m supposed to be working on grad school application essays….and possibly some work to make my blog better.

17 Amanda August 10, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Finishing up a Keep Michigan Beautiful nomination application for my office building. We underwent a 2-year, $100K landscaping upgrade project. This morning I did the Powerpoint of before & after photos, and this afternoon has been the nomination form.

18 Chelsea August 10, 2010 at 3:30 pm

That’s awesome!!! I am from Michigan and I am studying Civil Engineering with a focus on Green Building. What city is your building in? Can you vote on it?

19 Kristen August 10, 2010 at 2:53 pm

I’m researching costs to put together a proposal for our company to host a user’s group in Miami or surrounding location. That will be a fun challenge!

20 Heather @ Side of Sneakers August 10, 2010 at 3:01 pm

BIG project of the day: revamping my nutrition counseling site! 🙂

21 eatingRD August 10, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I’m ready for Friday! I’m working on some job apps and integrating a clicker testing protocol into our nutrition program. That coconut crusted tofu sounds really tasty!

22 Sarah August 10, 2010 at 3:08 pm

i just finished a huge project (website, archive, etc) for work this AM so i’m just working on little things now and texting my sister … almost done w/ the work day!

23 Angela August 10, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I’m going to be working on cleaning my house! My least favorite thing to do!

24 Chelsea August 10, 2010 at 3:29 pm

I’m working on finishing up the last week of my student consulting project in Boston before heading back to Michigan next week. Major sad 🙁

25 Sarah for Real August 10, 2010 at 3:38 pm

1. Choosing a model and installer for a new central AC unit, boo.

2. Waiting to hear back about my dad’s surgery, boo.

3. Supporting my husband through some really stressful stuff with his (home based) business.

4. Trying to get work done while reading and commenting on blogs at the same time 😉

26 Heather August 10, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Working on some hiring needs within the company and a Lean manufacturing project…other than that catching up from being out unexpectedly yesterday…gotta love flight delays/issues!

27 Britta August 10, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Thankfully just finished one and now for a road trip!!

28 Vanessa August 10, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Updating client Twitter accounts. Not too big a job, but it’s at the top of my to-do list!

29 Lisa @ bakebikeblog August 10, 2010 at 5:34 pm

your day sounds like my day yesterday. And the cure……yoga!! It was perfect!

30 hundredtenpounds August 10, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Training for the Hood to Coast relay race! It’s on August 27th. 200 mile running relay race. 🙂

31 runningwithsass August 10, 2010 at 6:15 pm

yikes sorry for the crazy day. Mine has been a little wild too and I feel like my brain is fried!

32 Rebekah W. August 10, 2010 at 7:11 pm

A 5K race this Saturday that is a big fundraiser for my organization. This just happens the week that everyone except me is out of the office. Oh the joy of counting race bib numbers and organizing t-shirts and medals.

33 Amanda @ Cakes and Ale August 10, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Yes! I’m trying to wrap my head around everything I need to get done before we leave on our vacation to Italy in a little over a month! I just want it to be here already and to be whisked away from all responsibility to stuff my face with pizza and gelato!

34 rebecca lustig August 10, 2010 at 8:23 pm

i’ve been trying to finish up a summer class… but i actually enjoy it… most times, haha.

there is no such thing as too much hot tea!

hope you have a great night!
love, becca