Packed lunch

by Meghann on August 9, 2010

Whoa, this Monday is already flying by. Let’s up hope Tuesday and Wednesday follow the same suit. 😉

My breakfast was great this morning, but had no staying power. I ended up breaking into my midmorning snack of peanut butter pretzels a tad on the early side.

IMG_4198

As I’m running super lower on PTO (bad Meghann) I’ll be working through my lunches this week. The plan is to have extra hours the first three days so that I take less PTO for Thursday or Friday. (i.e. I only requested 7 hours of PTO on Thursday and Friday instead of the usual 8)

Does that make sense? If not I just explained a big bit of useless information for nothing.

The point is – I have a packed lunch today. 🙂

IMG_4202

I have the worst habit of packing my lunch in parts and combining it once it’s time for lunch. Don’t judge – I hate soggy chips. 😉

Today’s base was a big bowl of spinach and avocado.

IMG_4203

Blue Corn Chips

IMG_4205

IMG_4208

Left over Gazpacho Soup

IMG_4210

IMG_4213

Bean Dip

IMG_4214

All together a fresh, Mexican themed salad.

IMG_4215

It was kind of light though. 🙁 I see myself breaking into my afternoon snack early as well. Just Sayin’

I made the somewhat humorous mistake of ‘liking’ Menchi’s Yogurt on Facebook the other day. Don’t get me wrong – I LOVE Menchis! – it’s just now I have the pleasure of viewing this in my newsfeed every day.

menchi

Umm… yeah. Anyone else suddenly inspired t go grab froyo with me? This could be trouble. 😉

Personally I’d be all over the Dole Pineapple Whip and Watermelon Tart. Yum!

1 britchickruns August 9, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Love that lunch! I always seem to just throw everything together in a box, and it all goes gross :s I should do multiple boxes like you!!

2 Evan Thomas August 9, 2010 at 1:26 pm

I hate that I Like all the good chocolate companies on Facebook. I can’t get away!

3 Katy(The Balanced Foodie) August 9, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Oh my gosh, I know! I “liked” them after I saw you did and read that status. I already wrote back on that status. Adam would LOVE pistachio and I’m all over the pineapple, my favorite flavor!! AH!

4 gavrielski August 9, 2010 at 1:27 pm

I bring my lunch to work every day, so I have also experienced the tricky parts about lunch packing (soggy food, etc.). It is a great way to save money and, in your case, time but I always have to remind myself to take a little break away from work while I’m eating, even if it’s just checking the internet! Enjoy your 3-day week–I’m jealous! 🙂

5 alison August 9, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I don’t like soggy chips either.
When I lived in Hawaii, we went to the Dole Plantation to get a Dole whip. They are the BEST. I bet Menchi’s version is as refreshing and tasty.

6 whitinspired August 9, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Chocolate Coconut Mounds caught my eye!!

7 Britta August 9, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Yummy!!!! I haven’t had peanut butter pretzel in forever!

I wish I had worked with you..my co workers used to always make fun of me for packing my lunch…everyday. But then they would all want a bite of that strange but delicious looking concoction I had goin on…wouldn’t it be so much fun to have another foodie coworker that you could share meals and ideas with?!

8 Michelle August 9, 2010 at 1:44 pm

I always pack everything in separate containers, too!! Usually 5-6 containers minimum!

9 Marina August 9, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Your amazing with the lunch packing 🙂
Hm… I would try Irish mint, or chocolate coconut mounds. sounds so good!

10 michele August 9, 2010 at 1:52 pm

froyo sounds great!

11 Heather @ Side of Sneakers August 9, 2010 at 2:22 pm

I have the SAME problem with Feeney’s Fro Yo- the flavors pop up on Facebook and I CAN’T ignore them- especially since they’re only 1/2 mile away…haha

12 Rachel in NC August 9, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Heather, I love Feeney’s too! They have original tart today! 🙂

13 Rachel in NC August 9, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I had the Dole Pineapple Whip at the Dole Plantation in Hawaii…it was amazing!

14 Katy @ MonsterProof August 9, 2010 at 3:28 pm

I swear I’m the only person living in the suburbs of a major metropolitan area that would have to drive 30 minutes for FroYo. NOT FAIR.

15 runningwithsass August 9, 2010 at 3:30 pm

oh my gosh cake batter!!! lol! now I am craving menchies!

16 Cat August 9, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I tend to pack it all in one tub because I get public transport to several different locations and also carry a laptop so it gets a bit bulky. Ideally I’d carry it all separately. Actually, ideally I’d have my own fridge and mini pantry in my office that was a replica of my home kitchen, but I don’t think I’ll be getting that any time soon 😉

17 Diana August 9, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Your lunch looks so good! Love the combo 🙂

18 amanda August 9, 2010 at 5:02 pm

yummm! love a good bean dip!

19 Kathryn August 9, 2010 at 5:04 pm

keeping everything separate is a GREAT habit as long as you use reusable containers (which you do)

that fro yo looks SO good…i did the same thing with a cupcake place by my parents and eventually had to unlike them bc it was too painful to see the flavors and not be able to get any haha

20 Becky August 9, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Every time I’ve ever vacationed in FL, I’ve made it my mission to get a Dole Whip. That sounds soo good right about now!

21 Emily August 9, 2010 at 5:49 pm

I have the same problem with our local ice cream place, Sweet Action. They are literally 4 blocks from my house and post new flavors on Facebook daily!

22 a August 9, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Mmm. Fro yo is far from me too. Closest one is just a Yogen Fruz which is not as fun .

I always pack stuff like that seperately . Especially sandwiches.

23 Lisa @ bakebikeblog August 9, 2010 at 6:02 pm

A tasty lunch as always 🙂 Love the variety!

24 Rachael August 9, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Packing lunch components separately always garnered some interesting looks when I worked in an office, but it sure made everything taste better, and kept me from being tempted to order out with the rest of the crew!

25 Jamie August 9, 2010 at 8:23 pm

I do the same thing with lunch. My lunch bag is huge and my co-workers are always teasing me about that (oh…and my constant eggplant sandwiches…lol)

26 Jenna August 9, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Holy yummm those flvrs!

27 Sarah August 10, 2010 at 9:20 am

i totally keep my lunches separate too. it makes everything taste better but it does make so many more dishes and it’s harder to carry. oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do 🙂

28 emily styles August 10, 2010 at 8:54 pm

i love love love dole whip!!!!! i always get it @ the magic kingdom in adventure land @ aloha isle….either the dole whip float made with pineapple juice or just vanilla/pineapple swirl.

also i think it is cute how when you meant to write 8 in parenthesis it came up as a dude with sunglasses hehe.