more ยป" />

Too Filling of a Snack

by Meghann on August 6, 2010

I didn’t leave the office for lunch until 1:30 today. I think that’s a new record.

I just never got hungry. Very odd for me. I guess I could blame it on the really hearty mid morning snack I had of carrot sticks and pb.

*mental note: carrots & pb is a little too hearty of a snack to have in the morning – must save exclusively for afternoon snacks. ๐Ÿ˜‰

When I did finally make it home for lunch I kept it easy with left over from last night’s salad and some wasa crackers with melted cheese.

The melted cheese was amazing on the wasa crackers. I know people usually compare these to cardboard, but melt some cheese on them and I promise they won’t be cardboard anymore.

The left overs ended up being the perfect portion. Two pieces of tuna, lots of veggies, and bits of lettuce – I love it when I get two meals out of dinners out.

I have a hair cut on the schedule for this afternoon. Nothing drastic, but I’m hoping they’ll be able to at least teach me how to tame it in this humidity. I leave in the morning with straight hair and return in the afternoon with curly – something isn’t right with that!

Have a great afternoon!

1 britchickruns August 6, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Aaah lucky you getting a haircut – the ultimate in pampering IMHO!
You really find carrots and PB thay filling? That kinda snack never fills me up! We’re all so different ๐Ÿ™‚

2 absgirl August 6, 2010 at 2:11 pm

My hair is the exact same way! I think if I ever live in Florida I will need to go bald or something.

3 Kelly August 6, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Um, I just used this V05 smoothing serum, and it works wonders! My hair is straighter than it has been in months. Put it on wet (avoid a lot on the roots or you’ll look like a grease ball) and then straighten!

4 Suzanne August 6, 2010 at 2:23 pm

My hair gets really frizzy in the humidity, too, but I found it got a lot better when I stopped washing it every day, but continued to condition every day, and started using a leave-in conditioner in addition to my regular one. Your hair gets frizzy because it’s dry- it pulls in the moisture from the air.

5 Marilou August 6, 2010 at 2:23 pm

I love wasa crackers that have dried fruits in them … with a little almond butter on top it’s the perfect snack!

6 Trish August 6, 2010 at 2:26 pm

It’s the Florida humidity! Since moving here from Boston, it’s been on ongoing struggle to tame my hair. I haven’t found anything that is 100%, but it helps to go over your hair with a flat iron. I also got some of that Living Proof stuff. That seemed to help a lot. I just used the shampoo and conditioner. I ran out but I am totally going to buy more – it did make a noticeable difference for me. But otherwise, I sometimes just go with the curl.

7 Melissa August 6, 2010 at 2:56 pm

enjoy your haircut and thanks for the portion control tips!

8 Nicole @ yuppieyogini.com August 6, 2010 at 3:03 pm

I especially love when my hair is in a ponytail and the side whispies curl up like I have half of a mustache on the sides of my head…..NOT cute ๐Ÿ™‚

9 eatmovewrite August 6, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Ha ha. I threw away a box of those crackers a while back. Someone had given them to me, and I thought they were cardboard! Wish I’d known. Oh well. :p

10 Katie August 6, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh pb & carrots are very filling, I can understand why you were not hungry!

Hope the haircut apt goes well, I get mine done tomorrow ( been forever!!! )

AND if you get tips on how to beat the humidity with your hair, please share!!!! I have the same problem!!!

Happy Weekend!

11 Sarah for Real August 6, 2010 at 3:43 pm

What’s potation?? Lol… Usually I can follow along with typos but this one is too funny ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Marnie August 6, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I think portion! hehe

13 Amanda August 6, 2010 at 3:56 pm

I am always a late luncher – it makes the afternoon seem that much shorter! I like wasa crackers, and think they are great topped with nut butter.

14 Kiran August 6, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Florida’s humidity is a bit too much for people like us. I went with a very short cut recently just so I won’t spend too much time taming the frizz! ๐Ÿ˜€

15 Maria @ Kale and Cupcakes August 6, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Actually, that salad looks pretty amazing to me. Getting me hungry for Friday dinner!

16 Melissa @ TryingToHeal August 6, 2010 at 5:02 pm

I can’t wait to see how your hair cut comes out! I seriously need to get mine hacked off; wait till you see me next week and how much it’s grown! and so much lighter too (from being out in the sun! it’s like it’s streaked!)