more ยป" />

Caitlin on The Today Show

by Meghann on August 5, 2010

Caitlin’s on TV! Caitlin’s on TV!

Ahhhh!!!!

I have never been more proud of my friend! ๐Ÿ™‚ I can’t believe I know someone who has been featured on the Today Show! I feel famous by association. Ok, not really, but it’s still cool. ๐Ÿ™‚

Fun Fact: I watch The Today Show every morning before work and have met had the pleasure of meeting Meredith, Matt, and Al not once, but twice.

Once in 2006 when I dragged my friends to watch the Today Show being filmed while we were visiting NYC.

60.jpg

54.jpg

And the second time this past February when I was able to be in the crowd on my 25th birthday! ๐Ÿ™‚

My dream is to be a featured guest on The Today Show. Maybe one day…

Until then it’s fun to see my friends living out their own dreams.

eeekkkk!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

p.s. Operation Beautiful rocks! Have you seen the awesome book yet? Buy it!!

My morning wasn’t quite as exciting as Caitlin’s.

I should have been at the track for the Cruise Intervals on my training schedule today, but I was too lazy to drive. (edited to add: I totally forgot I was suppose to meet Kelly and Sara at the track ๐Ÿ™ WORST FRIEND EVER!!!! Lazy or not if I had remembered they were waiting for me I would have been there in a heart beat ๐Ÿ™ )

Screen shot 2010-08-05 at 7.54.16 AM.png

Instead I programmed the work out in my Garmin (I really need to learn how to do this from my computer) and took off from my front door.

Having the intervals pre-programmed in my Garmin made the run so easy! I just sped up when it told me to sped up and rested when it told me to rest. I didn’t have to count laps or watch my milage, I just went and waited for the beep.

I did 6 x 1000 m @ an average of 4:45 each or an average pace of 7: 50 and did the 200 at around a minute a piece or an average pace of 7:15.

Since I knew I would be going to work late to watch Caitlin on the Today Show it was nice being able to take my time showering, getting dressed, and making breakfast.

I’m out of yogurt, so I improvised with apple sauce as my cereal topper.

In the bowl:

• 1/2 cup Kashi H2H
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Flakes
  • 1/2 cup Kix
  • Apple Sauce
  • Strawberries
  • Naturally Nutty Honey Roasted Peanut Butter

Time to jet!

1 tropicaleats August 5, 2010 at 8:46 am

She did so amazing! So proud of our fellow bloggy and the entire blogworld ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Evan Thomas August 5, 2010 at 8:48 am

Being on the Today Show is a dream of mine, too. We watch it every day at the gym at my school. It’s actually kind of a scandal if someone wants to watch something else ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Kath August 5, 2010 at 8:48 am

Yay!! I was able to “see” it after all ๐Ÿ™‚

4 britchickruns August 5, 2010 at 8:48 am

Impressive workout!
I’m so gutted The Today Show isn’t shown in England ๐Ÿ™ I hope she posts a video of it on her blog!

5 postcollegecook August 5, 2010 at 8:52 am

I missed her segment by 1 minute! I hope it’s posted online.

6 Megan @ AveryMegGirl August 5, 2010 at 8:59 am

She did so well! I was so upset I had a doctor’s appointment this morning and I coulnd’t be in the crowd cheering her on! O well maybe her second book or your book I can be their for support!

7 Marilou August 5, 2010 at 9:04 am

Famous by association … absolutely! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve DVR it (yes it IS a verb), and can’t wait to watch it once I get home tonight

8 Katie August 5, 2010 at 9:07 am

I was so excited to see her on tv too! SHe did an awesome job and she looked BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! U never know one day you could be on there! I know you always reach for your goals girl and you can do anything!!! xoxo

9 Alexis {Mission: Ambition} August 5, 2010 at 9:13 am

I missed it, but I’m so happy for her!! I hope it’s posted online somewhere later today ๐Ÿ™‚

Your cereal bowls always look soooooo good!

10 anotherannabanana August 5, 2010 at 9:18 am

I can’t wait to get home and watch her segment — hooray for DVR!

I just started using my Garmin a few weeks ago. How did you learn all the fun functions? Did you just read the manual? Or are there helpful web sites/videos?

11 Chase August 5, 2010 at 9:19 am

LOL I’ve missed meet-ups before because of being totally distracted by something! I’m sure they’ll forgive you. =)

12 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) August 5, 2010 at 9:19 am

I love your Today Show signs ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you make it on there one day! Eeeeek Caitlin!!

13 Meg August 5, 2010 at 9:21 am

Yay Caitlin!!!!!

14 Summah August 5, 2010 at 9:22 am

I missed it too ๐Ÿ™ It’s not even 830 in Alabama yet, though…I can’t seem to find a video clip on Today’s web site, either.

15 carly August 5, 2010 at 9:23 am

Awww, you are not a bad friend! Everyone forgets things from time to time. ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Laura August 5, 2010 at 9:29 am

Congrats to Caitlin!!! And on your intense workout!! That seems like the longest workout, though. I do my speed intervals in the morning as well and that seems super long, especially including warmup and cooldown. Did you find that to be true?

17 Meghann August 5, 2010 at 9:30 am

The total work out was around 7 miles, which tends to be my max mileage when it comes to marathon training speed work outs ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Leanne August 5, 2010 at 9:31 am

That is so amazing. I can’t wait to watch later today. I’ve been reading her blog for ages. ๐Ÿ™‚

19 Tina August 5, 2010 at 9:38 am

It was so exciting to see her on the Today show. She did such a great job too.

I’ve had that happen before where I forgot I was meeting someone. I always feel so terrible!

20 newleafeats August 5, 2010 at 9:40 am

So, it just now occurred to me that since I’m in the Central time zone, I could have watched it before work. Rats! Ah well, I’m sure it will be online somewhere in due time!

21 Kiran August 5, 2010 at 9:52 am

Yay for Caitlin ๐Ÿ™‚ Watched her on Today’s Show. Hope your dream would come true as well ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Heather August 5, 2010 at 9:52 am

Sadly I got to work too late to watch it! I’m excited to watch it tonight on my DVR. Very exciting.

23 pursuitofhealthfulness August 5, 2010 at 10:03 am

Just keep doing the amazing things you are doing, and I’m sure you’ll be on the Today Show someday!

24 Angela August 5, 2010 at 10:17 am

She was awesome! She must be so proud, not only of the Today Show but the enitre project. Its incredible.

On a side note, its really exciting that you met Matt, Meredith and Al. I’ve been to the show a couple of times but I’ve never had a chance to meet them. Always in the back. ๐Ÿ™‚

25 myFOODevents August 5, 2010 at 10:18 am

Two questions for you: Where do you get your Cruise workouts from? Which Garmin do you have?

26 Meghann August 5, 2010 at 10:39 am

The Cruise work outs were created for me by a friend. And I have the Garmin Forerunner 305

27 Miranda @ MirandaJeans August 5, 2010 at 10:46 am

I had set my PVR to record but was able to catch her live. How exciting. I think the whole blog community is so proud of her.

28 Kelly August 5, 2010 at 11:00 am

So exciting for Caitlin! She looked so professional. Nice workout, even if you did forget about going to the track!

29 Heather @ Side of Sneakers August 5, 2010 at 11:12 am

I’m so jealous you’ve met the Today Show gang in person twice! I watch it everyday too haha. For a long time my family got really annoyed because every sentence I said started with “I saw on the Today Show that….” haha.

30 Stephanie@ avocado nation August 5, 2010 at 4:22 pm

She did so well! I have never met her so it was interesting to actually hear what her voice sounded like. On another note, I am so jealous you met the Today Show peeps. I lived in NYC for 6 years and never went to go see the show being taped.

31 Shannon August 5, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Hey Meghann, just wanted to say that I love your blog. I have been reading it for probably over a year and have finally decided to start my own. I love reading about all your race recaps and training plans. I ran the disney marathon this past year as well. Last year I also did the Space Coast Half Marathon (my family lives in Melbourne). Will you being doing that one this year? My blog is still a work in progress but if you have any tips or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!!

32 Natalie (The Sweets Life) August 6, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to program the garmin and then sent it to the garmin (from the comp)…I always have to enter these complicated workouts manually. Let me know if you figure it out ๐Ÿ™‚