August

by Meghann on August 2, 2010

Did you know it’s the first week of August already?

IMG_3567

One of my favorite things about each new month is flipping the calendar to the next set of photos I will be staring at for the next thirty days. I love my personalized calendar because it automatically sets fun memorable photos into rotation at my cubicle. If you want to give someone a great gift then get them a personalized calendar! I make them using iPhoto and on top of making myself one each year I also make one for my Mom and Derek and they both always rave about how much they love them. 🙂

But, seriously – when did it get to be August? I am now less than two weeks from the Healthy Living Summit, less than a month away from my first official race of the season (a hometown 5k on August 28th), and a little more than 2 months from the Chicago Marathon. Pretty soon after that it will be Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and before I know it – 2011. Whoa!

Alright, slow down girl. One day at a time. One day at a time. 😉

I kicked off my first week in August (Sunday’s don’t count in my book 😉 ) with an extra hour of sleep – well, technically two extra hours of sleep considering I was in bed by 9:00 last night – and a big bowl of cereal.

IMG_3553

• 1/2 cup Kashi H2H
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Puffs
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Flakes
  • Plain Yogurt
  • 1 Peach
  • Honey Peanut Butter

IMG_3565

It almost looks like an ice cream sundae, don’t ya think?

IMG_3556

Fun happenings for the first week in August:

• The Operation Beautiful Book debuts tomorrow, August 3rd, nationwide! I’m so proud of my friend Caitlin and can’t wait to have my own copy of the book! 🙂
  • Speaking of Caitlin – check her out August 5th on the Today Show during the 10am hour! (I already have my DVR at ;))
1 Miranda @ MirandaJeans August 2, 2010 at 9:02 am

Oh I have my PVR set for the Today Show. It’s all very exciting. I know how you feel about it already being the first week of Aug. I’m kind of freaking out as I now only have 20 days until my Try-A-Tri.

2 megan August 2, 2010 at 9:25 am

Haha I thought you had ice cream for breakfast at first!

I think I will get a personalized calendar for my mom this year! She would love it! I know it!

3 Marilou August 2, 2010 at 10:05 am

I know! When was July again? I definitely love the calendar idea … makes a great cubicles decoration … on grey walls 🙁

4 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 August 2, 2010 at 10:06 am

I can’t believe it’s August! It’s gonna be a bittersweet month for me. Fall semester starts in 28 days, which I’m excited about, but one of my best friends is moving in 2.5 weeks…sad! 🙁

5 gavrielski August 2, 2010 at 10:12 am

Beautiful breakfast! Do you usually use enough yogurt to coat your fruit or just a dollop? This is my new favorite, go-to breakfast, and I take it with me to work every day. Happy August! 🙂

6 anotherannabanana August 2, 2010 at 10:16 am

My mind is constantly mentally jumping ahead too. Right now I’m preplanning two races, a vacation, pumpkin lattes at starbucks, football season, fall camping, and the holidays. I keep having to remind myself to enjoy the present!

I’m so baffled by how it’s already August though — I mean, WHEN did this happen? I feel like it’s still March or something…

7 Kelly August 2, 2010 at 10:21 am

I was thinking the same thing the other day that before we know it it will be christmas! Time is flying by!

8 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com August 2, 2010 at 10:21 am

I really hope I remember to set my DVR!

9 Tina August 2, 2010 at 10:27 am

When I think of how fast this year has gone by I can’t help but think about how it will be mid January in no time. And that freaks me out because that means I’ll have another baby to keep up with! Ahhh!!!

LOVE the personalized calendar. I want one of those for next year.

10 La Historiadora de Moda August 2, 2010 at 10:32 am

I love going to bed early! Your breakfast looks so delicious! I think I will be buying peaches this week.

11 RhodeyGirl August 2, 2010 at 10:38 am

I have an iPhoto cal too! Did you know you can add photos to specific days?! I have a photo of PB on his bday, a photo of us on our anniversary, etc.

12 Sarah August 2, 2010 at 10:57 am

i can’t believe it’s already august. so sad summer is coming to a close. 🙁 and i love the personalized calendar! sweet!

13 Angela August 2, 2010 at 10:58 am

I can’t believe its August! The year is literally flying by. My boyfriend and I have our first real vacation planned – 5 days in the Dominican Republic. Only 30 days to go! Woohoo!

14 BBx2 - Mandy & jR August 2, 2010 at 11:03 am

I can’t believe it’s the beginning of August! Christmas is going to be here before we know it! Course right now, with this heat, I’d welcome winter 🙂

I LOVE the calendar idea…I have a 4 year old and that would be so great for the grandparents/Aunts! Thank you!

Breakfast looks so yummy! Great way to make it feel like a treat for yourself!

15 Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine August 2, 2010 at 11:09 am

It’s true that time has passed by so quickly. My classes start in like 3 weeks! Where did the summer go? 🙂

I’m also very excited for Operation Beautiful. Such a great cause for all women <3

16 Heather August 2, 2010 at 11:33 am

I love new months on a calendar – but August is the worst – it means work gets crazy again. Plus school starts.

I used to love photo calendars but I don’t have a space to hang them up anymore!

Great gift idea though!

17 It All Changes August 2, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I love the personalized calendar idea. I get bored with my regular calendars so I think they would be great for family and friends.

18 biz319 August 2, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I can’t believe how fast this year is going – my daughter starts college in three weeks – eek!

I’ll have to DVR the Today Show – can I assume you mean 10:00 a.m. Eastern time?

19 freshman5k August 2, 2010 at 12:20 pm

July FLEW by! I love how greek yogurt looks like ice cream 🙂

20 michele August 2, 2010 at 12:26 pm

I know, time is FLYING by! I made one of those personalized calendars for my husband, and he loves it!

21 Carly (Swim, Run, Om) August 2, 2010 at 12:40 pm

I think personalized calendars are FANTASTIC gift ideas. I’m actually making a Bowser calendar for my family and friends for Christmas this year!

22 Stephanie@ avocado nation August 2, 2010 at 1:27 pm

That cereal bowl looks great with all the peaches in it. Yum!

23 Elina (Healthy and Sane) August 2, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I agree – summer is really flying by this year. I can’t believe it’s August!!
I’m getting Caitlin’s book in the mail this week. I’m so excited for her. 🙂

24 Stacey @ Tipping the (Kitchen!) Scales August 2, 2010 at 5:35 pm

I’m loving the personalised calendar idea!

25 kaitlinwithhoney August 4, 2010 at 9:51 pm