more ยป" />

From Dressy to Comfy in 15 seconds or less

by Meghann on July 30, 2010

It’s the weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

That means I go from this….

Cute, professional, trying to be stylish Meghann. (Like my new headband?!?!) ๐Ÿ™‚

To this…

Bum, hair is a mess, outfit doesn’t match Meghann.

And boy does it feel good. ๐Ÿ™‚

Luckily Maddie doesn’t care what I look like.

She loved me just the way I am. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve been trying to find a middle name for Maddie. What do you think of Madeline Rose? It seems to roll right off the tongue when ever she’s in trouble.

MADELINE ROSE!

See?

Anyways…

Eggs were on the menu for dinner tonight. Eggs in sandwich form that is.

This was a tasty egg sandwich made with two eggs, onion, swiss cheese, salsa, and arugula.

When I was little my Dad used to make us egg sandwiches for breakfast before he took us to school. I miss that.

Okra Fries have returned! Woo hoo!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I think Okra Fries need their own recipe page – I seem to get the most e-mails on them. I’ll work on that next time I make them, but I promise it’s really easy. All you do is bake the okra whole at 400 for 20 minutes and then dip in ketchup. Easy peasy!

After dinner I decided to whip up a batch of Angela’s Healthy Carrot Cake Power Scuffins.

The iPad comes in handy for following recipes. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_3073.jpg

Lots of carrot

Ding! They’re done!

I had one fresh out of the oven with a serving of vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Hmm…. I really, really wanted to love the scuffin, but it was a bit tough. Too much baking powder maybe? I think I messed up. I always mess baking recipes up. Grrr….

Oh well. They’re still edible – I just wouldn’t give them to my neighbors or anything. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comfy Clothes – Check!

Good Dinner – Check!

Dessert – Check!

Movie on the couch with Maddie – Check!

Good Night!

1 Brittney July 30, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Clyde’s middle name is Francis, and it does come in handy when we’re calling him. Or just feel like randomly calling him by his entire name. It pretty much cracks me up every time I use it!
And I am all about going to comfy in 15 seconds when I walk through the door!

2 spabettie July 30, 2010 at 9:30 pm

oh !!

maddie, aka Madeline Rose is the CUTEST !! (okay, second cutest – you have to come visit Basil Dachshund on my blog, please…) ๐Ÿ™‚

that sounds like a Really Nice Evening… enjoy !!

3 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) July 30, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Haha I am in comfy wear practically 24/7. Ever since I can remember, I’ve always gone directly to my room upon walking in the door to change to pj shorts and a t-shirt. I don’t understand how people wear jeans in the house. Ooff! Enjoy the movie with Madeline Rose ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Megan July 30, 2010 at 9:33 pm

The Time Travelers Wife was really good, I am sure you will enjoy it.. Have you read the book? I liked it better than the movie.. I love Rachel McAdams though..

I must try Orka fries.. Perhaps they will be on my menu this week?? Enjoy your night of relaxing ๐Ÿ™‚

5 runningwithsass July 30, 2010 at 9:48 pm

love Rose as the middle name!

6 Dynamics July 30, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Madeline Rose is perfect. In that picture you can almost see a tiny bit of a lip raise in defiance. LOL

7 Alyssa July 30, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Have I been sleeping?! When did you get an ipad? Nice! The sandwich looks good too ๐Ÿ™‚

8 Christine July 30, 2010 at 10:05 pm

We have friends whose daughter is Maddie Rose and she is sometimes called Rosie for a nickname.

9 Kelly July 30, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Oooooh I love that movie! I really need to read the book. You are so tech savy, iPad, macbook pro, i’m jealous!

10 Michelle July 30, 2010 at 10:18 pm

I attempted to make an egg sandwich last night, but your’s looks much better. I wanted to try the scuffins, but I am a little bummed they didn’t turn out that good. I’ll probably still give them a whirl!

11 Rosey Rebecca July 30, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Hope you enjoy your lazy weekend! My middle name is Rose [hence, Rosey Rebecca]. My boyfriend of almost five years last name is Rose. If we get married, my name will be Rebecca Rose Rose. lol!

Your egg sandwich looks great!

12 SaraRM July 30, 2010 at 10:44 pm

I was going to ask the book question also… I loved the book but thought the movie was just ok in comparison.

13 Krista @ Can't Surive on Yarn Alone July 30, 2010 at 10:54 pm

I do the same thing when I get home. My husband sometimes has not not laugh at my crazy patterned pj pant &event/concert t combos.

14 Emilyeatsclean July 30, 2010 at 11:08 pm

That is such a good movie!! And your sandwich looks delic! :0)

15 Dione July 30, 2010 at 11:10 pm

I loved The Time Traveler’s Wife! And yes, the book is even better. Have a good night in!

16 Megan (Running Foodie) July 30, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Oh, I agree with Megan! If you like the movie and haven’t read the book, you MUST read it! I reread it every year and recommend it to everyone I know. It’s SO good!

I like Madeline Rose, but I’m a little biased since Rose is my middle name too!

17 Misssarahlou July 31, 2010 at 12:11 am

Love that movie. Love coming home and changing in to comfy clothes too. Love that my puppy loves me whatever I wear. Love egg sandwiches, but I never put cheese with cold egg, not sure why, never thought of it before, I love cheesy scrambled eggs but I never had it with cold, maybe I need to give that a try. Hope you like the movie!

18 The Wife of a Dairyman July 31, 2010 at 12:23 am

The okra fries look good…..I have yet to try okra. The scuffins look delish ๐Ÿ™‚
Have a great, lazy. relaxing weekend!

19 Kim July 31, 2010 at 1:01 am

I have a Jack named Maddy and we always call her Maddy May when she is in trouble (which is often since it is a Jack’s nature to cause trouble, as I am sure you know)!

20 Marina July 31, 2010 at 2:19 am

Time Traveler’s Wife is such a great book, and I’ve been planning to see the movie for so long!
I hope it’s good ๐Ÿ™‚

21 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) July 31, 2010 at 3:49 am

Madeline Rose is too cute!!! I love being comfy and I love weekends. ๐Ÿ™‚

I really want to try okra, but can’t find it anywhere!! I’ve had it pickled but that’s it. Are they super slimy on the inside?

22 Lauren July 31, 2010 at 9:14 am

Wow, this sounds like my ideal Friday night. How did you get so lucky to score such a wonderful weekend night such as this? ๐Ÿ™‚

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Meghann!

23 Miranda @ MirandasJeans July 31, 2010 at 9:47 am

I love love love your headband.

24 amanda July 31, 2010 at 10:01 am

sounds like a great friday night! delicious looking dinner.

i loved the time travelers wife. but i also think i liked it because i LOVED LOVED LOVED the book.

have you seen it yet? or is this your first time viewing it?

25 Amanda July 31, 2010 at 11:01 am

I echo previous comments…the book was amazing!

26 BroccoliHut July 31, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Haha, glad I am not the only one who provides a middle name for my dog–the two Boxers of the family are Greta Margaret and Rainer Kramer:)

27 Juli D. August 2, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Our dog middle names never end up being real names. Zoey Bear, Toby Guy, Gordie Boy, etc. If you’re after a real name, I like Maddie Mae.