more ยป" />

Yoga Love

by Meghann on July 29, 2010

Oh hot yoga, do you know how much I love you? Let me count the ways.

1. I love how you bring me together with old friends. Ashley just happened to be attending the same class as I ๐Ÿ™‚
  2. I love how no two classes are ever the same. Tonight’s class was slow and focused on strength and flexibility rather than vinyaysas and cardio. It was a welcomed change of pace.
  3. I love how you push me outside of my limits. Tonight I attempted poses I won’t even begin to pronounce.
  4. I love how awesome I feel after every class. I like to call it my ‘yoga massage’
  5. I love how no matter what I never feel insecure or ashamed in class. Anyone can do yoga. No one ever judges and no one ever cares. ๐Ÿ™‚

My ten class yoga pass is on the verge of expiring in the next couple of weeks. With four classes left and two weeks to go, it looks like I’ll be stepping up my yoga game for now. You will see no complaints from me. I missed multiple yoga classes in a week. I would go every day if I could! ๐Ÿ™‚

Before class I fueled up with a homemade trail mix of nuts, chocolates, and cereal.

I left yoga not really craving anything for dinner. Unlike running, yoga really suppresses my appetite. :/ I wasn’t very hungry, but it was after 8:00 and I knew I had to eat something.

After taking my time driving home, walking Maddie, and checking my mail I finally settled on left over Pei Wei for dinner.

The left overs needed soy sauce; unfortunately I was out of it. ๐Ÿ™ Sad day.

Ok, I lied. I was craving something for dinner – ice cream. But, I pushed the craving aside and had the left overs instead like the big girl that I am.

Ice cream isn’t for dinner silly – ice cream is for dessert! I had barely finished my dinner before I started pulling the ice cream out of the freezer. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Vanilla ice cream topped with crumbled peanut butter pretzels and chocolate chips. mmm….. that hit the spot. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tomorrow is Friday! And you know what? I have the whole weekend to myself!! What should I do with my free time?!?!?

What would you do if you had a weekend where you had no where to be and nothing to do? Would you spend the day in your underwear? Would you catch up on work? Would you bake a big cake and then eat it?

1 Evan Thomas July 29, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I’d answer yes, but I usually bake a big cake and then eat it even when I have other things to do.
I think with a free weekend I would go to Target and make a little camp in one of the aisles and spend all day there.

2 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) July 29, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Haha I crave ice cream all the live long day….even for breakfast! There are definitely days when I gobble down dinner just so I can have a bowl of ice cream ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Erin July 29, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I had never heard of Pei Wei and then three people mentioned it in the past week! Obviously that’s a sign, especially since there’s one in the shopping center across the street from work. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’d have a lazy weekend if I were you. Spend the morning in PJs with the newspaper and a huge pot of coffee. Afternoon cleaning around the house (because I’m boring that way). A late afternoon run or walk. Lots of snacks instead of one big dinner. ๐Ÿ˜€

4 Alyssa July 29, 2010 at 9:41 pm

I’m a big crafty/creative person, so I would do some sort of craft, like right now I’m working a scrapbook for my dad with photos of our old dog who we had to put down last summer.

Maybe you can make a scrapbook with a whole bunch of photos of Maddie and photos with her and you/family/friends/etc? You wouldn’t have to finish this weekend obviously, but it could be an ongoing project. It’s a great way to remember her by ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Alyssa July 29, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Oh, Archivers, Joann Fabrics, Michelle’s, Target (they have just a few things), and professional scrapbook/craft stores are good places to get scrapbooking supplies.

And if you do it you should do it in your pajamas ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Kristen July 29, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Love weekends to myself. In the past, I have painted a room, organized and cleaned out closets, junk drawers, etc. but I’m OCD sometimes, LOL! I like to see instant results.

And nap, I absolutely love to nap when I have no where to be and I don’t have to worry about feeling lazy…

Enjoy!

7 datenightproject July 29, 2010 at 10:51 pm

I know what you can do…hang out with a long lost blog friend ๐Ÿ™‚ I saw your recap of the weight lifting post the other day! I’m glad you still use it! We should get together sometime soon! I’ve been meaning to get back into yoga…

8 runningwithsass July 29, 2010 at 10:59 pm

watch movies and eat junk food!

9 Stephanie@ avocado nation July 29, 2010 at 11:00 pm

I used to love those weekends. I would just lounge around and watch movies all day and then go out with my friends to dinner at night. Amazing.

10 Diana@mymarblerye July 29, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Currently alone, in undies, watching bravo… Perfection!

11 thefitbridesmaid July 29, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Definitely make a cake, and eat it. Sliver by sliver. (a la Miranda Hobbes)

When I lived alone, I liked to go shopping on weekends. I might also just read a book (if it’s raining outside).

12 Rebekah W. July 30, 2010 at 12:06 am

I love how at Pei Wei you can request to have any dish ‘stock velveted’. They will cook anything in broth instead of oil with those two magic words. This changed my life a little bit.

13 Lisa @ bakebikeblog July 30, 2010 at 12:16 am

I would spend it baking + reading!

14 Dawn July 30, 2010 at 12:24 am

Ice cream is totally for dinner! Not every night, but once in a while it’s OK.

If I had a free weekend, I’d spend it in my PJs. I’d probably go for a run and spend most of my time getting caught up on things around the house, with plenty of lounging around with the cats thrown in.

15 The Wife of a Dairyman July 30, 2010 at 12:28 am

July is National Ice Cream month….so don’t feel bad!

16 Tay July 30, 2010 at 12:34 am

Hey, I’ve most definitely had ice cream for dinner before. Sometimes you just aren’t that hungry, and ice cream is what you need!

17 pursuitofhealthfulness July 30, 2010 at 2:21 am

Yoga does the same thing to my appetite. It’s probably a good thing! Haha.

When I have free time, I do enjoy relaxing around the house for a while. But, I also find it really exhilarating to be alone in public. Go out to dinner by yourself, go to the movies, etc. When it’s for more than just task-master errands, it’s actually really soothing.

18 It All Changes July 30, 2010 at 3:49 am

I love yoga but wish we had a better studio nearby. It’s always the same and gets boring.

19 Annelies July 30, 2010 at 3:50 am

I love yoga for so many of the same reasons and think stepping up your game sounds great. I would say wake up late and read in bed. Then make a light brekkie and go for a swim. Plan a coffee date w a friend you haven’t seen in a while- that sounds like a great Saturday to me. ๐Ÿ™‚

20 shelly@campinggirlchronicals July 30, 2010 at 5:04 am

I would make an appt at the spa for a pedi, massage or facial.

21 Rachel @ Suburban Yogini July 30, 2010 at 5:13 am

Yay Yoga!!!

I have a weekend where I have nowhere really to be. I have one private client on Saturday afternoon but other than that I’m finishing my book, going for a swim, baking and chillaxin’ ๐Ÿ˜€

22 Eating Abroad July 30, 2010 at 6:09 am

If I was feeling ambitions, I’d go someplace nearby but new to me for a “mini vacation.” Feeling lazy, I’d stay home in my pjs all day cooking and reading.

23 Alyssa July 30, 2010 at 7:05 am

I am just beginning to like yoga – I hope to love like you do someday! A weekend to myself sounds fantastic…I would make a huge pot of coffee and read on the balcony all day long.

24 Tina July 30, 2010 at 7:07 am

I love yoga too. I’m trying to decide if I can make it today. My daughter has been sick and my body has kind of an achey feeling so I don’t know if I’m sick now too or just need that good stretch of yoga. Hmmm…

25 Marilou July 30, 2010 at 7:31 am

I know! Me too, I have NA-THING to do this week-end and this feels good! I might even be able to spend some time with that dude I now live with … ๐Ÿ™‚ I definitely need to work on this non-existent tan

26 Rosey Rebecca July 30, 2010 at 7:47 am

Hot Yoga sounds so awesome! I’d probably love it and hate it at the same time (I hate sweating). It will probably be something like body pump- I hate it while I’m there, but can’t wait to go back when I’m done.

I love days off where I have nothing to do. On Wednesday, my boyfriend and I had a whole day off today, so we took a spontaneous 3-hour road trip to the beach. It was fabulous! Enjoy your weekend off!

27 Ashley July 30, 2010 at 9:10 am

On weekends with no plans…I love staying in with the boy and watching movies all day. It’s fun to make breakfast, lunch and dinner together. ๐Ÿ™‚

28 Shannon July 30, 2010 at 9:17 am

I actually think if I had a whole day off, I would do yoga! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Wake up, make a healthified version of pancakes, watch Mad Men, go to yoga, take a walk, get my groceries done, clean my room, and then party with some friends. ๐Ÿ™‚

29 Amanda July 30, 2010 at 9:18 am

I had a weekend like that last weekend! I caught up on my DVR (Bethenny getting Married, Losing it with Jillian), went to yoga and spin class, laid out and got some sun, painted my nails, cleaned my apartment, and cooked yummy meals!! Enjoyyy ๐Ÿ™‚

30 Amanda July 30, 2010 at 9:43 am

Bake, read, yoga, walk, enjoy summer sunshine. Repeat.

31 silvershadow157 July 30, 2010 at 12:02 pm

I would go for a really long bike ride, bake some fresh bread, read a good book, and make a delicious meal!

32 Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine July 30, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Hmm I probably really would spend the day in my underwear. No joke. Don’t judge! ๐Ÿ™‚ haha. I might read, take a nap… bake for sure!

33 Heather July 30, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Enjoy the weekend of free time!

If I had a weekend all to myself I would get Sprinkles cupcakes Friday night so I could wake up and have them for breakfast on my patio while I read the paper. Then I would read some books and magazines, go for a run or walk with the dog, maybe get Tottie’s Asian Fusion for dinner (my fav restaurant)…ah, the possibilities are endless!

34 Shalu July 30, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Yoga is great. Combined with the proper food with yoga one can take care of themselves.