Wrap #Fail

by Meghann on July 29, 2010

Apparently there is a limit to how much La Tortilla Factory Wraps can hold.

IMG_2971

The contents:

• Left over roasted vegetables from last night <— perhaps too many veggies?
  • Marinara Sauce
  • Spinach
  • Swiss Cheese

IMG_2977

Wrap #Fail

IMG_2979

Le sigh. I guess you can’t win them all? πŸ™‚

At least the β€˜wrap’ was just as tasty when eaten with knife and fork. πŸ˜‰

IMG_2983

Earlier this morning I had a delicious snack of apple sauce and granola.

IMG_2969

Applesauce & granola is the new yogurt & granola – Duh! πŸ˜‰

I can’t believe in exactly TWO weeks from today I will be heading to Chicago for the Healthy Living Summit !! EEkkkk!!!

I can’t wait! πŸ™‚

Thanks again to our wonderful sponsors, without whom none of it would be possible! πŸ™‚

We have lots of surprises up our sleeves for everyone. And trust me – we’ve got swag too!

Woo hoo!

1 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] July 29, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Surprises – yay!! I can’t believe I leave 2 weeks from today too. Chicago, here come the health nuts!

2 britchickruns July 29, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Oh myogsh, 2 weeks!? EEk!! I’ll be on an 8hr plane ride in 2 weeks then – madness!!
Lol at that wrap :p the best food is always the food that looks the worst πŸ˜€

3 dynamic damsel July 29, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Mmmmm! Applesauce & granola sounds so good! I will have to try that!

4 averymeggirl July 29, 2010 at 2:19 pm

awww your wrap isn’t looking so healthy πŸ˜‰ I like the flat out wraps they are pretty firm and can hold a lot!

5 Marilou July 29, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Bwahahaha! Maybe you DID overload a little bit that wrap πŸ™‚

6 Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine July 29, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Haha, sometimes I’ve made wraps before and they fell apart just like that. I just like putting lots of goodies in there! πŸ™‚ The potatoes in there look so yummy.

7 lowandbhold July 29, 2010 at 2:53 pm

That happens to me so often! I get a little carried away with the stuffing sometimes πŸ™‚

So wish I could have gone to the HLS! Yay for it being so close!

8 JamieS49 July 29, 2010 at 3:17 pm

I have had that problem with La Tortilla Factory wraps too! Try Flatout wraps, they are nice and stretchy. You wouldn’t believe how much I stuffed in mine today- chicken, tons of spinach, sprouts, sliced carrot, sliced red pepper (the carrots and peppers poke through other wraps, but not flatouts) and honey mustard. It was huuuge! Oh and I don’t work for the Flatout company, promise πŸ™‚

9 The Wife of a Dairyman July 29, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I usually tend to eat my wraps, tacos or burritos with a knife and fork for the same reason πŸ™‚ Looks delicious!

10 spabettie July 29, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I love this… I’ve had many wrap #fail moments… πŸ™‚

it doesn’t LOOK like a fail, though… delicious…

I am Supremely Bummed I cannot attend HLS (wedding)… a couple friends may have me there in a cardboard cutout, though… πŸ™‚

11 runningwithsass July 29, 2010 at 4:33 pm

so sad I can’t go to the HLS. Yall need to have one in the SOUTH!

12 Stephanie@ avocado nation July 29, 2010 at 4:35 pm

I am the worst at judging how much is too much in wrap. That happens to me all the time. It still looks delicious though.

13 Dynamics July 29, 2010 at 5:20 pm

I find if I heat the wrap to softness and put the sauce on top of the ingredients instead of on top of the wrap I have better success. Looks yummy.

14 Stacey @ Tipping the (Kitchen!) Scales July 29, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Wow, just 2 weeks until HLS! I can’t wait to read all about it on your blog.

15 Lisa @ bakebikeblog July 29, 2010 at 5:27 pm

haha that happens to me all the time! GF wraps are terrible though – they always fall apart!

16 gloriousgreens July 29, 2010 at 7:30 pm

That wrap looks tasty. I love veggies + marinara combos!!

17 amanda July 29, 2010 at 7:46 pm

even though the wrap was a fail, it looks scrumptious!

AND…i am mega bumming that i won’t be at the summit. you ladies are going to have such a smashing time!

18 runningaroundnormal July 29, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Haha that always happens to me too! No matter how ya eat it, it’s still yummy though πŸ™‚

YAY HLS!!! Can. Not. Wait πŸ˜€

19 Miranda @ MirandaJeans July 29, 2010 at 8:41 pm

I am uber excited to be going. I really consider myself lucky to have gotten a ticket when I was so last minute (thank you Meghann) :-). I’m excited to meet everyone, learn so much, and umm hello swag!?!?!!

I often over stuff my wraps, and they aren’t wraps, rather tortillas/softshell taco like. lol you’ve gotta push the limits.

20 Emilyeatsclean July 29, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Ohhh how I wish I was going to HLS!!! That over-stuffed wrap looks delic!