Thief

by Meghann on July 28, 2010

Dear Maddie,

If you insist on trying to eat my lunch at least have the decency to do it while I’m not looking.

IMG_2891

Or have a camera in my hand…

IMG_2893

Bad puppy.

What am I saying? I can never be mad at that face.

IMG_2910

That’s probably the reason why I also get up at 3:00am to let her out some nights or that I let her take up 3/4 of the bed. I wouldn’t want to disturb my sleeping princess, would I? And how does a tiny 10 lb dog manage to take up 3/4 of a bed? I may never know.

Luckily my lunch today was pretty dog friendly.

IMG_2899

This was supposed to be a pita stuffed with cheese, hummus, tabouli, and spinach, but the pita refused to open.

IMG_2904

Instead it became a pita topped with cheese, hummus, tablouli, and spinach. I ate it pizza style and it worked just fine for me. 🙂

Side items included: cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, a pickle, and peanut butter filled pretzels.

IMG_2907

My snack this morning was a small serving of shredded wheat and rolled dates.

IMG_2889

It was carb-ilicious. 😉

Fun Blog Alerts

I have no style. I dress for comfort instead of fashion. I own only a handful of shoes that are mostly variations of brown and black. I own one purse that is currently unraveling on the handles. And it pains me to spend more than $20 on a shirt or $50 on pants.

All those reasons are why this is in no shape or form a fashion blog. I’m a runner and I’m an eater – not a fashionista. 🙂

Recently, however, I have become a bit obsessed with a local fashion blog that has me thinking maybe I should care a little bit more about how I dress or what shoes I wear.

The blog is called J’s Everyday Fashions and you really need to check it out. This girl has style and class.

J posts a photo every day of what outfit she has pieced together, the occasion, and where the pieces are from and how much they were. She makes fashion seem easy and doable for the everyday gal. Recently she has inspired me to think outside of my comfort zone and try a belt with something I normally wouldn’t have or purchase a pair of shoes I normally would have ignored. Her blog is great and if you’re fashion challenged – like myself – it’s worth a browse. 🙂

Thanks to Andrea, I also just discovered Mila’s Daydreams.

If you’re looking for cute baby photos to browse then this is it. The Mom who writes the blog tries to recreate what her daughter might be napping about on her living room floor. I wish I had this much creativity!

Do you have any fun blogs I should know about? Please share!

1 Mica July 28, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Ha, look! Even Maddie is a healthy eater. Bodger could take a hint. His food leaves him with stinky salmon breath.

My cat was a food thief once and managed to eat her way through part of two cakes that I had sitting out to cool. She was okay and didn’t seem phased. I only know because I saw weird score marks in the tops of the cakes and she had suspicious crumblies all of her mouth…

2 britchickruns July 28, 2010 at 1:37 pm

LOL, my cat does exactly the same thing with my food :p if he wasn’t so freaking adorable, I’d be mad…and like Maddie, he gets 3/4 of the bed. I’m squeezed up one end while he stretches out..no justice!

3 Brittney July 28, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Haha! Too funny about Maddie trying to steal your food. I <3 her… 🙂

4 Angela July 28, 2010 at 1:38 pm

If you like to travel, http://www.travelbugbites.com/, is a really great site. Lauren goes all over the place and always shares some awesome experiences.

5 Katie July 28, 2010 at 1:39 pm

You should know about my blog..though it may not be more fashionable or cutesy baby than the ones you have seen..but I hope that I have somethin special goin on.

6 Meghann July 28, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Katie! I’ve been to your blog before! 🙂 Didn’t your Mom e-mail me a while back?

7 Julie July 28, 2010 at 3:13 pm

You’re so pretty! 🙂

8 Marilou July 28, 2010 at 1:43 pm

I ADORE Cake Wrecks … If you never checked it out, be ready to lose a lot of time laughing your heart out 🙂

I also love “Post Secret”, but this ain’t funny … I cry sometime when I read it ..

9 Evan Thomas July 28, 2010 at 1:47 pm

I love this blog: http://motivationbychocolate.blogspot.com/
This woman reviews anything and everything chocolate. A lot of it’s stuff I would never eat, so I kind of live vicariously through her 🙂

10 vanillavivante July 28, 2010 at 1:48 pm

LOVE thesartorialist.blogspot.com — even for the fashion impaired like me!

http://thirtydollarproject.tumblr.com/ is also cool too — cute outfits for $30 🙂

11 Emily @ Relishments July 28, 2010 at 1:50 pm

I just discovered Mila’s Daydreams too! So cute!
I read so so many blogs…Fabulously Broke (http://www.fabulouslybroke.com/) has some great tips for saving money, decorating, travel and other interesting random things.

12 Rachel July 28, 2010 at 1:52 pm

I love this blog, even though I can’t sew AT ALL http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/

“…the only shopping that I’ll be able to do is that of pieces that have been used and worn already. So long to mall trips and hello to sifting through piles of vintage pieces at flea markets and at neighborhood garage sales. Each day for the entire year, I’m going to introduce a new piece into my existing wardrobe that I’ve found from these places. On top of this, I’m giving myself a budget of $1 a day.

One person’s trash is becoming my treasure this year.

365 days. 365 items of clothing. 365 dollars. And the blogging begins…”

13 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com July 28, 2010 at 1:54 pm

My pup was thirsty last night so he started drinking out of my cup. :/ And he’s only 10 lbs (maybe) but definitely manages to take up a 3rd of the bed.

14 Monica C. July 28, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Those photos of Mila are amazing! What a creative and talented mom – wow!

15 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday July 28, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Honestly, those baby pictures are kinda creepy. Maybe ’cause the baby is napping? It reminds me of the movie “the Others” where they posed the dead bodies as living and then photographed them.
I’m weirded out right now.

16 jessica July 28, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Babies are miracles not creepy. Those pictures are art not some weird movie.

17 Allie July 28, 2010 at 2:02 pm

i think you have some cute outfits! i wish i didn’t spend as much as i do on clothes- i don’t think i need more motivation.

18 lowandbhold July 28, 2010 at 2:03 pm

How do little animals take up that much bed room?! It’s hilarious.

19 sweetersalt July 28, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Love the pupper shots – my little dude is a thief as well (going so far as to climb on to the kitchen table on occassion, bad boy!).

Style can be confusing, but you certainly don’t need to spend a lot of money to be in fashion! My blog talks about healthy eating / living as well as style / living on a budget. I’m going to be doing an ebay post in the next couple of days, so you might check it out 🙂

Laura

20 Beth @ Will Run for Books July 28, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Your dog is so cute! I can’t wait to get one…even though it will probably steal my food.

I like to think I have style, but I’m probably wrong – haha! Most of my outfits are pretty basic and purchased on a government salary.

21 bridetobefit July 28, 2010 at 2:39 pm

I’m not much of a fashion expert either, I will be checking out her website… thanks for sharing! 🙂

22 newleafeats July 28, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Sheesh!! It pains me to spend more than $12 on a shirt and $20 on pants! I’m so cheap! I’m also so poor! I rarely have new clothes, and those I do buy I typically get from resale shops, and I can only afford to do that with gift money. I can afford zero money out of my paycheck toward clothing!

23 sunnytropic July 28, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Aw I let my cat get away with anything and everything too. Yay for cute pets 🙂 Is Maddie really only 10 lbs? She looks bigger (shhh don’t tell her I said that!) but maybe it’s just because you take up close pics of her! My cat weighs almost 10 lbs!

24 Meghann July 28, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Yes, she’s only 10 lbs. Trust me in person she looks tiny 🙂

25 Tobi July 28, 2010 at 2:51 pm

A few blogs that I love :
A Cup of Jo -http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/ – always shows trendy fashion/home ideas, great products and has some really good giveaways……
Lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com – great recipes
thepioneerwoman.com – just freakin hilarious – has her own cookbook and great recipes!
just a few that I like for very diff reasons.

26 Cara July 28, 2010 at 2:56 pm

haha i have 2 dogs that both weigh around 10 lbs and they take over the bed and make me wake up early too sometimes. hahaha. good thing they are cute 😉

27 Kim July 28, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I love her fashion sense.

28 runningwithsass July 28, 2010 at 3:54 pm

is your dog GROWLING in that picture? lol! too funny! my dogs try and take food off my plate when I am not looking.

29 emily July 28, 2010 at 4:03 pm

I’ve been really enjoying this fashion blog – http://closet365.wordpress.com/. She is trying to go a full year without repeating an outfit and she does a lot of fun theme weeks (i.e. 80’s week, outfits inspired by songs on her ipod, etc).

30 fitnessandsunshine July 28, 2010 at 4:06 pm

The fashion blog is interesting–thanks for the link. 🙂

Your lunch has so much variety! it looks beautiful.

31 pursuitofhealthfulness July 28, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I discovered J’s site a while back… Can that girl please lend me like 1/4 her style? Love the random lunch mix. Pickles and pretzels? Yes and yes.

Wondering, where do you get the rolled dates?

32 eatmovewrite July 28, 2010 at 4:42 pm

I hate when pitas won’t open. I only buy the pita rounds, actually, because of that. I love that girl’s outfit! I’ll have to check it out!

33 Andrea of Care to Eat July 28, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Thanks to YOU, I’ve been obsessing over that dress blog your reader suggested and you tweeted about. I sent it to a friend and now we have a date to scour Portland thrift stores on Sunday. And a monster is created!

34 michellestgermain July 28, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Hey I had tabbouleh for lunch too! I like http://www.thechloeconspiracy.com for fashion – she’s got great clothes and pictures.

35 Amanda @ Cakes and Ale July 28, 2010 at 7:18 pm

I’m a big fan of Young House Love and The Sartorialist blogs! Also, I’m kinda obsessed with airplanes so I love reading “Ask the Pilot” on Salon.com!

36 christina cadden July 28, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Your dog is so cute!

37 jules524 July 28, 2010 at 8:37 pm

my new blog! I’m blogging my old diaries from the olden days, aka the 90s. I got the idea from my blogging sister from another mister, melissa nibbles.

38 amanda July 28, 2010 at 8:58 pm

okay, that baby idea is just the most awesome thing! i loveeeee it. as well as your yummy looking meal!

39 Paige @Running Around Normal July 28, 2010 at 9:19 pm

How adorable is Maddie?! And my 5 pound dog, Niko takes up 3/4 the bed, too. And if I happen to move, she gets ANGRY lol

Awesome blog. That baby blog is insane!

40 Emilyeatsclean July 28, 2010 at 9:26 pm

I can’t wait to check out these 2 blogs….thanks for sharing some of your favs! 🙂

41 Kelly July 28, 2010 at 9:29 pm

My cat has recently decided that I should share my food with her. She used to never even notice when I had food out. Now she is right there sticking her nose in it.
She also takes up at least 3/4ths of my bed, if not more. The few times she is curled up in a smaller ball, she is inconveniently sleeping in the middle or right between my legs or somewhere I can’t easily move around her.

42 Tracey @ TropicalHappiness July 28, 2010 at 10:23 pm

This might not be quite your style, but http://www.kellehampton.com is an amazing blog. Her second child was born in January and when she was born they found out she had down syndrome. It is an amazing story and she truly enjoys the small things in life. She finds miracles in everyday situations, and takes the most amazing photos. Her blog reminds me of how wonderful life can be… IF you make it wonderful!

43 hillary July 28, 2010 at 11:27 pm

check out

One of my favorites! Fashion, style, food/recipes… what more can you ask for?!

44 carly July 28, 2010 at 11:33 pm

I know I’m late, but I have to say that I’m glad I’m not the only one. Bowser is 24 pounds, which is bigger than Maddie, but still, he takes up an entire queen-sized bed. Literally, there have been a couple of nights when I have slept on the couch. How can they take up so much space?!? I don’t get it.

Also, he has his own side of the bed that he does not like when I cross over, and same thing with the couch. Once I sat on his side of the couch and I got glared at for around 10 minutes until I realized what the problem was. Then I tried to invite him up on my side. Oh, no. I was in his seat, and I was the one that needed to move. I actually felt embarrassed!

Dogs! Gotta love them!

45 Dynamics July 28, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Great recipes and instructions.

46 Caroline July 29, 2010 at 10:01 am

Haha, I turned from grabbing a bottle of syrup once to find my dog licking my waffles.

{ 2 trackbacks }