more ยป" />

Alterations

by Meghann on July 27, 2010

Do you ever eat just because you are bored?

That was my predicament this afternoon.

Around 3:30 I pulled out this bag of Snikiddy Cheese Fries that a company had sent me not because I was hungry, but because my mouth wanted to chew.

Or should I say crunch?

Lucky for me these cheese fries tasted like cardboad. I had one and threw the rest away.

My need to chew was satisfied and so was my need to snack. Funny how that works after one dinky fry. ๐Ÿ˜‰

A few weeks ago I had ordered this gorgeous dress off of RuLaLa.com. The plan was to wear this gorgeous dress to the cocktail party at the Healthy Living Summit, but when the dress arrived at my door it was just a tad too big. Bummer. I guess that’s the price you pay when you order dresses online?

I’m awful at returning things, especially when it involves online items that need to be mailed back! So, instead of returning the dress I decided to try and have it altered. I mean, people have dresses altered to fit them all the time, right? Why can’t I do the same? ๐Ÿ™‚

Turns out my friend Megan was in need of some dress alterations as well. We made a date out of it. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_9801.jpg

We were both alternation newbies and a tad bit nervous on what to do. There was really nothing to be nervous about. We were ushered right to the back, told to put our dresses on, and had them pinned to our liking. Easy peasy.

IMG_9799.jpg

Check out the handy work.

The dress will be ready for pick up on Friday. I can’t wait to see the final fit! ๐Ÿ™‚

First time having dress alternations made? Check!

First time trying Pei Wei? Check!

I’ll be honest here – I’m not that big of a fan of Asian cuisine. I mean, it’s alright, but it’s not anything I typically seek out when I’m eating out. I have to really be in the mood for it and tonight I just happened to be in the mood. I’ve read good things about Pei Wei and was oddly excited to try it for the first time.

IMG_2858.JPG IMG_2857.jpg

I enjoyed the upscale fast food feel of Pei Wei. Even though you order your food at the counter, it’s still served to you at a table, and those servers are really attentive and informative.

IMG_2861.JPG IMG_2862.JPG

The first thing that jumped out at me on the menu was the Coconut Curry dish. I ordered the dish with the option of tofu & vegetables and brown steamed rice.

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of veggies on my plate. So many colors and so much crunch – amazing. Unfortunately Megan informed me that you have to order the tofu & vegetable option to have that many vegetables and you get none with the chicken or meat options. This made me sad. ๐Ÿ™‚

I was able to eat about half before calling it quits and packing the rest up to take home.

Overall i thought Pei Wei was a refreshing change of pace for typical chinese fast food. Everything tasted great and all the vegetables included in my dish made this veggie nut one happy camper. ๐Ÿ™‚ .

When I made it home I decided a Skinny Cow cone would be the perfect treat to end the day on. ๐Ÿ™‚

It was my last one. I shall miss them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Time for bed.

Well… teeth –> book –> then bed

Good Night!

1 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) July 27, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Cute dress! I need to go check out Rulala. Snacking out of boredom is a bad habit of mine! Also snacking due to stress…boo

2 Jess July 27, 2010 at 10:02 pm

I LOVE pei wei! I usually get the chicken but with EXTRA veggies. I love all the veggies they put on their when you ask for extra ๐Ÿ˜€

3 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com July 27, 2010 at 10:03 pm

I picked up a dress at TJ Maxx that needed the straps shortened so I took it to a seamstress. I felt so grown up! LOL

4 gavrielski July 27, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Cute dress–love the bow! Good for you for going with the alterations. Now you’ll have a dress that fits like a dream and you will feel amazing in it at HLS!

5 BBx2 - Mandy & jR July 27, 2010 at 10:08 pm

The dress is too cute!!! Love the color of the flower! I am going to check out this site.. I’m going to need an awesome new outfit here at the August!

6 willrunforbooks July 27, 2010 at 10:09 pm

cute dress! i haven’t even thought about what i will wear – is that for the cocktail party?

7 Emilyeatsclean July 27, 2010 at 10:16 pm

I love the dress….the flower is adorable!! ๐Ÿ™‚

8 carly July 27, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Yuck, those fries even look disgusting. At least you didn’t eat the whole bag just because it was there … I’ve definitely done something like that when I was just “boredom eating.” Have a good night!

9 Amy @ Second City Randomness July 27, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I hope the alterations turn out! And if you find a good place, be sure to stick with them! I’ve been in one too many weddings already and have had my fair share of bad experiences… ick!

10 missyrayn July 27, 2010 at 10:33 pm

I used to inhale the Mad Capp Hot fries in college and now I can’t stand them. Funny how things change.

I love alterations for my favorite things I’m not willing to give up.

11 emilydianne July 27, 2010 at 10:36 pm

More Skinny Cow – YUM! Asian Diner? Sounds like heaven. Not to mention, that tan dress is a dream! Where did you buy it??

12 jessica July 28, 2010 at 3:01 pm

She said in the post: Ruelala.com

13 Lisa @ bakebikeblog July 27, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Great idea to go for the alterations with your dress!!

14 Ali July 27, 2010 at 11:00 pm

I’ve always wanted to try Pei-Wei so the heads up on the lack of veggies is definitely helpful! I just have a quick question, I signed up for my first half marathon and was wondering if you think its ok to train for a race on my own or if I should follow Hal Higdon’s plan or something similar. Right now I run 3 or 4 days a week (4-5 miles min), take 2 spin classes, and weight train one day. I’m working on increasing my mileage but wasn’t sure if its best to follow a training plan or if I could just do my own thing. Thanks for any feedback!

15 pursuitofhealthfulness July 28, 2010 at 1:30 am

I definitely have the urge to snack just because I am bored sometimes… Recently I’ve started having a piece of crystallized ginger when I want to snack. That way, I get a little sweetness, but it also has that “after-brushing-your-teeth” effect where you don’t really want to eat anything else. (:

16 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) July 28, 2010 at 3:55 am

Omgosh, I LOVE your dress!! What material is that?!

17 Stacey @ Tipping the (Kitchen!) Scales July 28, 2010 at 5:05 am

Yeah, I tend to get ‘the munchies’ for no reason, so I try and reach for something like fruit.

Cute dress! Hopefully the alterations will turn out well. I’ve never got anything altered before.

18 Eating Abroad July 28, 2010 at 5:12 am

Being a school teacher, there is no time in the day to eat out of boredom… now, summer holidays is a different story. I’ve been doing nothing but cooking and eating for the last week simply because I don’t know what else to do with all the time on my hands.

19 Sarah July 28, 2010 at 8:39 am

i love pei-wei! and i’ve only been there a few times, but both chicken dishes i’ve had included a ton of veggies. i only ate about 1/2 my meal… so maybe it depends on location? anyway, cute dress ๐Ÿ™‚

20 Kelly July 28, 2010 at 10:00 am

Cute dress! I got like 4 pairs of pants taken in last summer and now they all fit even better than they did when I originally bought them!

21 redheadyellowdog July 28, 2010 at 10:06 am

love pei wei! there’s one right near where my bf works so sometimes I meet him there for lunch ๐Ÿ™‚ Last time I got the teriyaki with veggies + tofu. it came out a little too saucy for me so I asked for some shredded lettuce to mix up with it. they brought out a HUGE bowl of romaine lettuce!! it was awesome!! okay just realized how funny it is how happy a big bowl of lettuce made me..haha ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Cara July 28, 2010 at 1:46 pm

I have to get alterations on a dress soon, for my first time. Glad to know it isn’t too crazy to do. ๐Ÿ˜‰

23 shelly@campinggirlchronicals July 28, 2010 at 7:45 pm

The dress looks really cute!
I most often eat from boredom… not good.