more ยป" />

Inception

by Meghann on July 24, 2010

Holy cow! You guys weren’t kidding! Inception rocked!

But, more on that in a minute. ๐Ÿ˜‰

As in any good date, you have to get to through dinner and ice cream first!

My hot date brought me to the wonderful world of Downtown Disney last night.

I really love the Downtown Disney area, but rarely make it out there because it’s so far and usually pretty busy during high tourist season (like right now). However, if you manage to avoid the crowds it’s a great place for a date. There are great restaurant options, live entertainment, and lots of fun places to walk to.

Luckily, I didn’t mind the long drive last night. I had a new toy to play with. ๐Ÿ˜‰

So far I am LOVING the Evo!! Gmail works like a breeze, tweeting is now 10 times more fun, and I’m going crazy downloading all the apps. At one point Derek had to take the phone away from me so I would stop checking my e-mail last night. I can see where I could get in trouble with this phone, but right now I can’t help it – I’m obsessed! ๐Ÿ˜‰

We had 7:30 reservations for Paradiso 37. I’d never been there before, but am always game for trying a new place.

At first I think our server had forgot about us. There was a table of 15 (?) right near us and they seemed to be hogging the server’s attention. Luckily Derek spoke up and was able to get us another server (didn’t know this was possible at restaurants) who was really attentive and took our orders right away. That great server really saved the day, otherwise I made have just got up and left.

At least we had the camera to entertain us while we waited. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_2523.JPG IMG_2524.JPG

IMG_2529.JPG IMG_2530.JPG

I ordered the Mahi Mahi Sliders with roasted vegetables instead of fries.

The veggies were great. I enjoyed that there were more green beans than potatoes. ๐Ÿ™‚

The sliders were ok. A little bready for my taste. I ended up eating one whole slider and half of another. I just wasn’t feeling it for some reason.

Derek really enjoyed his jalapeno burger and I enjoyed the outdoor seating. I would probably give the restaurant 3 out of 5 stars. It was good, but nothing special.

Next up, Ghiradelli for dessert!

This place was PACKED!!!

Because of the crowds we skipped trying to get a sundae and a table and instead each got individual cones. I got a single scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip. Yum!

With full bellies and a satisfied sweet tooth we were ready to see Inception.

I was honestly a little scared when I realized we would be seeing an intense two and a half hour movie at 10:30pm last night. 10:30 is usually past my bedtime and let’s just say I don’t have the best track record when it comes to staying awake during late showings. But, the movie was so good I managed to stay wide awake the entire time.

The reason why I didn’t like The Departed was because it was your stereotypical guy flick that involved way too much drama, way too much talking, and way too much of me dozing off and losing interest. Inception was totally different. The storyline was unique, there was plenty of action to keep me entertained, and the talking was kept to a minimal so I was able to easily follow along.

I won’t even begin to explain the complex concept that is Inception, but if you’re looking for a great movie to see this summer I would highly recommend it. ๐Ÿ™‚

We got home late and I crashed as soon as I walked in the door. ๐Ÿ™‚

The alarm rang way too early this morning, but I knew I had to get up and run.

Before heading out I had a wasa cracker with almond butter and rolled dates.

Yum. ๐Ÿ™‚

I had 7 miles on my schedule, but on the way out the door I told myself 6 miles would be ok. I headed to my favorite running trail and just went for it.

It’s was hot and sunny, but I pushed through it and ran it strong! Along the way I even ran into some old Team in Training buddies and a reader stopped me while she was on her own run to let me know she reads my blog (Hi Britney!) Talk about great motivation!

In the end I gave it all I had and stuck with the originally planned 7 miles.

Booyah!

I can be a little over dramatic at the end of hot runs. ๐Ÿ™‚

Home –> Shower —> FOOD

Classic French Toast with fruit that had been microwaved with some preserves and topped with plain yogurt.

Now, that is what I call a Saturday breakfast. ๐Ÿ™‚

Giveaway Winner

The winner of the Homemade by Amanda’s box of assortment treats is….

Screen shot 2010-07-24 at 10.53.26 AM.png

Congrats Mindy! Send me an e-mail with your information at [email protected] and I’ll make sure that box of goodies is on it’s way!

Happy Saturday everyone!!

1 a July 24, 2010 at 10:59 am

Oh god that french toast. Im reading this as I have my morning coffee and oh god, I think I know what breakfast is.

2 Dori July 24, 2010 at 11:00 am

You looked SO pretty last night!! Jealous of your ice cream, I’ll have to get some today now!

3 Tina July 24, 2010 at 11:07 am

Good job sticking through the run!

And I have not heard a bad review of Inception yet. You are making me want to see it even more.

4 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) July 24, 2010 at 11:08 am

You looked beautiful last night–love the dress!

I think we’re gonna go see Inception next week. I’ve only heard good things so far!

5 Citygal July 24, 2010 at 11:23 am

That mint chocolate chip ice cream looks so tasty right now! I’m stuck in 100 degree heat today ๐Ÿ™

6 Sara B. July 24, 2010 at 11:28 am

You looked gorgeous last night Meghann!

Where did you get your dress?

I had fun doing Yassos w/ u. I’m looking forward to doing them again. =)

7 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 24, 2010 at 11:37 am

All the food in this post looks SO good!! I really should not read these right after breakfast. Makes me want more food, haha. Glad to hear Inception was good. I’m seeing it tonight!!

8 Alexis @ Mission: Ambition July 24, 2010 at 11:42 am

I LOVED Inception as well! Great stuff ๐Ÿ™‚ You looked so pretty for your date!

9 Jenny July 24, 2010 at 11:47 am

I saw Inception last night, too! Loved it!

10 Courtney July 24, 2010 at 11:52 am

Sounds like a great night! Congrats on sticking through the 7 miles! =D

11 Kiran July 24, 2010 at 11:52 am

I love Downtown Disney as well. We are there almost every weekend. It’s closer to where we live. Ping me whenever you are around, we can meet up then ๐Ÿ™‚ I would be watching Inception today, thanks to your rave views ๐Ÿ˜‰

12 michellestgermain July 24, 2010 at 11:57 am

Um, there is a Ghirardelli shop with ice cream? I’m flying to FL right now.

13 Jessica July 24, 2010 at 12:01 pm

7 miles in the Florida sun and heat…you are such a badass! Makes me feel silly for complaining about the South Louisiana heat and humidity!

14 Angela July 24, 2010 at 12:11 pm

What a fun date night! I really want to see Inception, but won’t get around to it until next week. Nice work on the run! I can’t imagine doing it in that kind of heat, you should be proud. ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Katie July 24, 2010 at 12:11 pm

U both make the greatest couple ever, seriously, just perfect for eachother : )

The fod looks yum and the icecream looks even better! Mint choco chip is my fave!! Good choice!!!

Have a great day!! xo

16 Kittie July 24, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Man, I tried to eat Wasa crackers a few times….I’ve eaten lots of “bland,” dry, wheat-y things in my life but I’ve never wondered if I was eating cardboard until that moment. lol.

17 fitnessandsunshine July 24, 2010 at 12:54 pm

The ice cream + your Saturday breakfast look really yummy. I never thought of making a fruit topping by m-waving fruit and preserves. ๐Ÿ™‚ What a great idea!

18 Angela July 24, 2010 at 1:07 pm

What a fun date! Your outfit was super cute! I can’t wait to see inception I’ve only heard great things about it!

19 pursuitofhealthfulness July 24, 2010 at 1:14 pm

I love the way you did your makeup last night. Sounds like it was a great time… and your review is only making me MORE eager to see Inception! Arg.

Question: Did you reheat the French Toast in the microwave or actually make it in there… I’m not sure how microwaved French Toast would work, but it might be worth experimenting with!

20 Rachael July 24, 2010 at 2:12 pm

You looked stunning last night! Disneyworld looks like fun – I actually moved away from right near Disneyland early this year without vistiting it – clearly I should have!

21 Conni July 24, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Meghann, you looked so pretty on your date last night!!! I loved the dress and earrings. You and Derek are adorable together.

22 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) July 24, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Glad to see you loved Inception!! I want to watch it over and over again haha.

That french toast looks amazing and well deserved after your run. More power to you for running in that heat!!

23 Betsy July 24, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Glad you liked Inception – I was wondering why you were comparing it to The Departed. Because of Leo? If you’ve seen any other Christopher Nolan films (Memento, The Prestige, Batman Begins, The Dark Night), this was definitely in line with his keen sensibilities in writing and film making.

24 gehr July 24, 2010 at 4:27 pm

meghann, is menstrual period deficiency a symptom of yin deficiency?? i mean, i remember a while ago you mentioned you weren’t getting regular periods, but do you think this is why they’ve diagnosed you with yin deficiency?

25 Faith July 24, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Downtown Disney is so much fun – my roomie and I have driven over to Orlando just for the chocolate covered strawberries from Goofy’s Candy Company ๐Ÿ˜‰

26 ida July 24, 2010 at 4:39 pm

I hated Departed too- what was with all the phones?! But Inception was great, and that kid from 3rd rock from the sun grew up real well:)

27 Brittany July 24, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Yey! ๐Ÿ™‚ I got my own shout out!

It was really nice running into you today on the running trail! I might just have to start commenting on your blog now ๐Ÿ˜‰

28 Amy July 24, 2010 at 6:42 pm

I’m so glad you liked Inception! I’m going to see it on Monday. ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, I’ve been meaning to ask how you like your macbook pro. I have a regular macbook now and really, really want to upgrade to a pro. I have the older black macbook and love it but the hard drive is so full it drives me crazy sometimes!

29 biz319 July 24, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Yep – I’ve worked at restaurants for years, and actually when I find a server I like, if we make a reservation I request that person again and they usually comply.

Glad you had fun with your new phone! ๐Ÿ˜€

30 Rosey Rebecca July 24, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Such a great date night! I want to see Inception. I’m hearing so many good things about it.

I want a phone like yours but I’m afraid it would take over my life. It would be great to have for my job, though!

31 Katie July 24, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Yummm mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream!!

32 Mandy A July 24, 2010 at 8:27 pm

OH how I miss Downtown Disney! We make it a point to go there (and specifically Ghiradelli) every visit home!

Your breakfast looked amazing!!!

33 Emilyeatsclean July 24, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Way to bust out those 7 miles!! You looked cute last night on your date! ๐Ÿ™‚

34 Pure2raw twins July 25, 2010 at 8:39 am

Love downtown Disney.

So glad you liked Inception, I have heard great things.

And mint chocolate ice cream is my favorite!!

35 missyrayn July 25, 2010 at 8:33 pm

The way everyone is talking about Inception I have to see it now.

I love that I learned I can ask for a new waiter. I never new that and have not gone back to restaurants because of bad service. Next time I’ll know.