My New Phone

by Meghann on July 22, 2010

It’s here! It’s here!

IMG_2426

My brand new cool ultra-fabulous HTC EVO phone is here!

IMG_2427

Yippee!!!

Activating the phone took a minute because it didn’t occur to me to turn off the old phone before trying to activate the new one – d’oh! – but after a brief chat with Sprint I was back in business.

IMG_2452

The old vs. the new

IMG_2454

Unfortunately I’ve been slammed with work at my desk today so I haven’t had too much time to play with it. I can tell you though that my nails are going to be a problem with typing on this baby. I need to figure out how to turn down (or up?) the sensitivity on the touch screen so I can click the letters with my nails instead of my fingers like I did on my old phone.

I also need to figure out how to transfer all my phone numbers to the new phone! That seems like a very annoying task, especially if it means paying a trip to the sprint store. :(

I’ll try to do a full review of the phone in the next couple of days. :)

I snacked on some olives and a cheese stick today.

IMG_2420

A weird combo, yes, but it worked.

I have a doctor’s appointment at 3:00 (which, I’m kind of excited for and will be blogging about tonight), so I had lunch at my desk. This would be my second meal of the day consumed at my desk.

IMG_2430

The sandwich was a repeat of Monday’s Zucchini Rueben.

IMG_2433

Only this time I toasted the zucchini and yellow squash in the toaster oven on the bread. I think I liked this warmed up version better. :)

IMG_2442

I went a little crazy with my variety of sides today.

Pop chips…

IMG_2437

Cherries…

IMG_2440

and Pickles…

IMG_2439

Oh my. :)

Happy Belly :)

I also managed to consume a whole liter of Perrier.

Not happy bladder :(

Oppss…

Time to head to Docs!

1 averymeggirl July 22, 2010 at 1:39 pm

your phone looks cool Meghann!! I wish I liked pickles.. I feel like people either love em or hate em.

2 britchickruns July 22, 2010 at 1:40 pm

You’re excited about a doctor’s appointment? Eh??!
Yay for the new phone – it looks fancy!!

3 Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete July 22, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Ooo, I wonder if that is the same as Verizon’s Incredible by HTC? I’ve been waiting 3 weeks for mine so far, and my husband and i have been sharing a phone (we just moved back to the states, that is why I didn’t have a stateside phone before). I guess, Sony had a problem with one of the parts or something, and Verizon is way backed up in sending all the phones out. It sucks! You are totally making me excited to get my own phone in the mail ASAP!

4 Meghan @ Ramblings of a Bride to Be July 22, 2010 at 2:34 pm

My Fiance LOVES the incredible, I can’t wait to upgrade my blackberry to it.

5 Marilou July 22, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Excited about a doctor appointment? YOU PREGNANT? bwahahah don’t think so eh, with a marathon coming :D

6 Beth July 22, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Congrats on the new phone! I lost my Droid two weekends ago and just got the replacement phone yesterday so I’m excited to go back to it – ALMOST like a new phone!

7 pursuitofhealthfulness July 22, 2010 at 1:46 pm

I love pop chips! I’ve only had the salt and vinegar flavor though… might have to test out the sour cream and onion variety!

8 Whitney July 22, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Most touch screens now are based on heat transfer rather than physical touch…so you might just have to trim your nails and keep them on the shorter side.

9 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com July 22, 2010 at 1:58 pm

What she said. ;)

10 Sarah for Real July 22, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Ah HA. Thanks! I’ve got the new iPhone and I ran into the same problem. I’ve just been keeping my nails at a more reasonable, non-witchy length. I think my nails look creepy when they get so long anyways.

11 Cari July 22, 2010 at 6:51 pm

I’m glad I have a chance to anonymously chime in… please cut the nails!!

I know (but don’t know why) some people like the look of longer nails but I work in health care and, let me tell you, your nails are a huge carrier of germs. The shorter the better. Plus the look is extremely dated. You will get used to and love a shorter look I am guessing! :-)

12 linda July 22, 2010 at 10:16 pm

agreed. the long nails need to go.

13 kelly July 22, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Your new phone is a beauty. May I offer a recommendation? Please recycle your old phone. Cell phones (and lots of other electronic devices) contain a mineral called coltan which helps them hold a charge. This mineral is often mined illegally in the Congo and destroys habitat for endangered gorillas. Sorry, I work at a zoo, so environmental and animal protection is very important to me. I think most people out there have never even heard of coltan, so I wanted to pass this message along- RECYCLE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES! :)

14 Meghann July 22, 2010 at 2:00 pm

You should see my drawer of old phones. I like keeping them on hand just incase this one breaks. :)

15 missyrayn July 22, 2010 at 1:57 pm

That is why I couldn’t get a touch screen phone. My nails were always getting in the way. It drives me nuts even with my GPS.

16 emily July 22, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Looove that phone, my husband just got one and I’m getting it later this summer too. If you go to a Sprint store they can transfer your numbers for you, it only takes a minute.

17 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com July 22, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Since the Evo is an Android phone, once you get your numbers transferred over, they’ll sync to your Google Contacts (Gmail Contacts) and as long as you have an Android phone (FOREVER for me!) you won’t ever again have to worry about going to the store to transfer numbers. I’m an Android geek who just traded in the G1 (first Android phone) for the Samsung Vibrant. If I had Sprint (T-mobile here), I definitely would have gotten the Evo.

18 P2B July 22, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I have a Blackberry Bold and to transfer numbers and info from one phone to the other, I had to save my address book and all other information to my SIM card on my old phone. Once I popped the SIM into the new phone, everything was there.

I don’t know much about your phone, but I am sure that you can just go to a HTC EVO phone forum and it will tell you how to do it. Blackberry has a ton of forums that answer simple questions. Good luck!

19 fitnessandsunshine July 22, 2010 at 2:33 pm

What a big variety of stuff for lunch! :) Glad your belly is happy. That’s the way everyone should treat theirs.

The phone looks pretty cool–I’m getting a new one myself pretty soon. I can’t take my old one anymore!

20 Rachel July 22, 2010 at 2:33 pm

LOVE YOUR PHONE!!! We’re thinking of getting this phone, too. Read great reviews on it. Unfortunately, it is OUT OF STOCK right now. Oh, I can believe it. Have fun with your new toy!!! I’m still playing with my iPad on a daily basis.

21 Meghan @ Ramblings of a Bride to Be July 22, 2010 at 2:34 pm

It might be too late now, but I have an option with Verizon that I pay $1.99 it uploads my numbers periodically and saves them. Then I download it on a new phone and viola it transfers my numbers.

22 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 22, 2010 at 2:36 pm

That phone looks pretty sweet! I need an exciting phone. My cruddy flip one is just not doing it for me any more, lol.

23 Amanda July 22, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Check out http://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com. It puts old cell phones to good use by recycling the phones and giving the money as phone cards to soldiers overseas! We did a one-week campaign at my office building and collected more than 100 cells phones, which resulted in more than 6,000
minutes of available call time for soldiers!

24 Tina July 22, 2010 at 2:58 pm

You don’t even want to see how old my phone is. It is pretty pitiful. It has been way too long since I’ve had Popchips.

25 Alexis {Mission: Ambition} July 22, 2010 at 3:05 pm

That phone looks awesome! :) Enjoy! It’s always fun playing with and figuring out a new toy!

26 Karla July 22, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Oooh I’m ready for a new phone! I have sprint too. Please let us know if that one works well. I think it’s a little pricey even with the $150 off from plan renewal, but could be worth it!

27 Dave Mulder July 22, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Congrats on your new phone! I’ve had my Evo for a few weeks and absolutely adore it.

After several years on an iPhone I’m still getting the hang of Android.

28 Lisa @ bakebikeblog July 22, 2010 at 5:29 pm

I sooooo need a new phone! But the thought of phone shopping scares both me and my wallet hehe

29 runningwithsass July 22, 2010 at 5:58 pm

yay! I remember when I got my iphone I played with it for hours!

30 Melissa July 22, 2010 at 6:31 pm

NICE! I get made fun of for my phone almost everyday. It is like the third blackberry ever made, it’s a monster. But I just had to buy a new ipod, so i will use my bb until it dies!

31 eatmovewrite July 22, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Wow. You had a salty kind of day. A girl after my own hear.
Congrats on your new phone.

32 Naomi(onefitfoodie) July 22, 2010 at 7:41 pm

i love new gadgets!!! enjoy it :)

33 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) July 22, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Your new phone looks really cool :-). I was looking at touch screen phones when I got mine, but went with the blackberry instead.

34 freshman5k July 22, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Cool phone! Hopefully the bladder isn’t unhappy during the doc’s!

35 Emilyeatsclean July 22, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Me [like everyone else] is interested to see what kind of doc’s appointment you’ve got that you’re excited about! Cool new phone. I got a new phone this week and am still trying to figure it out!! :)

36 Debbie July 22, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Congrats on your EVO purchase. My husband has the same phone and even with his short nails he had issues typing. He heard about a beta system called swype and he LOVES it. It looks like the beta is closed but they will email you when it opens back up. I am not an employee of the company or anything just wanted to share a tip for one of my favorite bloggers.

37 luna July 23, 2010 at 7:04 am

I’ve just bought my first android too!!It’s my first “seriuos” phone, I didn’t want to spend much so I’ve decided for the wildfire, it’s perfect for me!!
Since it is HTC which I never had before, I had to discover “how to” for everything… You probably know, but here there are complete manual and how to http://www.htc.com/us/support/evo-sprint/help/
Enjoy your new toy! (btw, I wrote you an email some time ago about the mac book, did you sell it?)

38 Lori July 24, 2010 at 9:18 am

Were you able to order the phone online? I was at a Sprint store checking on them yesterday (want to get one for my husband for his birthday) and they told me you could not order them or be put on a waiting list and all I could do was phone the store every day and check if any came in. They also told me it had to be activated right away, so it would be hard to give it to him on his birthday as his current phone would stop working as soon as I got his new one…