God Bless Yoga

by Meghann on July 19, 2010

You know what the best remedy is for sore muscles? Yoga!

Tonight’s class was amazing. We held downward dog for what seemed like the first 5 minutes or so and I could just feel my muscles stretch, lengthen, and repair themselves all in one move. I almost cried when we went in pigeon. They would have been tears of joy; sweet, sweet joy. πŸ™‚

Before class I had a mix of nuts and cereal as a snack.

After yoga I needed something quick and delicious for dinner. Usually I leave yoga with no appetite, but tonight I was starving. Some quick roasted vegetables and an omelet did the trick.

Fun Fact: this is only the second real omelet I’ve ever made. The first was back in September. πŸ˜‰

This was a 2 egg omelet that I seasoned with dill and s&p. In the center I had mushrooms, red onion, blue cheese, and dates. Mmmm…

Dates make the best omelet addition. You really can’t go wrong with the sweet/ savory combination. πŸ™‚

While I was creating the perfect omelet, carrots and broccoli were roasting in the oven.

And a piece of pumpernickel bread was toasting in the oven.

Dinner in less than 10 minutes. Gotta love that!

For dessert – a homemade chocolate chip oatmeal cookie from Friday night with some cherries.

The cherries were amazing. There is nothing better than fresh, sweet cherries. πŸ™‚

I’m a sucker for fun, cheap cable movies. I’ll never turn down a good Lifetime tear jerker and I immediately head to the DVR when a new ABC family movie is being advertised.

Tonight I’m watching Revenge of the Bridesmaids on ABC family and love it. It’s a cute, light hearted movie and I 100% recommend it. πŸ™‚

What are you watching right now? Anything fun?

1 Emilyeatsclean July 19, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I’m watching the drama on The Bachelorette!! πŸ™‚

2 ellaroo88 July 19, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I’m watching the bachelorette- I KNOW I’m such a girl. I grew up with all brothers and have decided it’s time to embrace my girl side. . . . Ha! PS I agree- God bless Yoga

3 Leah July 19, 2010 at 9:38 pm

We are watching The L Word on Netflix Instant through our Wii right now. It’s pretty much amazing. I love Showtime/HBO.

4 Kelly July 19, 2010 at 9:44 pm

I’m flipping back and forth between the bachelorette and the client list, haha. I saw a preview for that abc family movie, I want to see it

5 shelly@campinggirlchronicals July 19, 2010 at 9:44 pm

I always try to make omlettes but never do it right…. they always end up like scrambled eggs. πŸ™‚
We are watching the Food Network… it is usually on in our house.

6 Katie July 19, 2010 at 9:46 pm

HAHA!! You’re office conversations are SO TRUE! I feel like I had that with everyone today. Please check out my blog sometime! I’m a college student and I just started my own food blog. I love yours too!

7 Evan Thomas July 19, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I’m watching Last Comic Standing–so funny! Actually, I’m watching Today Show clips online and popping in and out, but either way they’re both good.

8 Karla July 19, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I’m obsessed with omelets right now! I made the most amazing zucchini goat cheese omelet last week and I’ve had it 3 times since! With egg substitute it’s really low calorie and tasty!

9 Pure2raw twins July 19, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I love how I feel after yoga. I did to do yoga more often. haha

I am looking forward to watching America’s got talent tomorrow night. : )

10 Lisa @ bakebikeblog July 19, 2010 at 9:50 pm

What a great idea to add the dates! BRILLIANT!!!

11 runningwithsass July 19, 2010 at 9:51 pm

i am watching huge. I am addicted to ABC family.

12 carly July 19, 2010 at 9:52 pm

I actually just watched Julie & Julia. Major sobbage. It was such a good movie!

13 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. July 19, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I’m watching a rerun of “The Big Bang Theory” – definitely one of my favorite shows!!

14 Lauren @ Team Giles July 19, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I’m about to watch the new Real Housewives of New Jersey… this show is crazy!

15 Courtney July 19, 2010 at 9:57 pm

I’m watching a movie called “The Long Green Line” on Hulu. It’s a GREAT running movie, but I know some of the runners featured so I may be a bit biased. Definately recommend it!! =D

16 averymeggirl July 19, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Gossip Girl re-runs.. always fun πŸ˜‰

17 Citygal July 19, 2010 at 10:15 pm

I have been saying that I’m gonna get to a yoga class on a regular basis…but that has yet to happen! As for TV…”Real Housewives of New Jersey” all the way!! πŸ˜‰

18 Diana@mymarblerye July 19, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Hello! Totally watching j love Hewitt in her lifetime movie! How could you forget?!? Btw.. Do u get sore from yoga? Does being sore make you feel like you got more of a workout?

19 Katharine F July 19, 2010 at 10:21 pm

I watched that movie too! I love making omlettes so I’ll have to give dates a try. I recorded The Client List though…gotta love a good lifetime movie.

20 Marilou @ Mostly Healthy July 19, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Watching season 2 of Gossip Girls on DVD …. DRAMA heheheh

21 Meg July 19, 2010 at 10:36 pm

I REALLY gotta try and get into yoga. I’ve been saying this forever, but everyone has been raving about it. Haha.

I am SO into Whale Wars right now!!!! πŸ™‚

22 Exercise and Eat July 19, 2010 at 10:36 pm

WOAH! That’s quite a combo of flavors!

23 Molly @fuelherup July 19, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Oh, girl- unfortunately I find the sweet/savory combo very wrong 75% of the time, and I wish I had your brave taste-buds.

24 Faith July 19, 2010 at 10:50 pm

I just watched All About Steve tonight – honestly, it wasn’t that great. I love Sandra Bullock, so I was a bit disappointed!

25 Dione July 19, 2010 at 11:22 pm

I’m watching Shutter Island. Just started it…hopefully it’s good.

26 gloriousgreens July 19, 2010 at 11:47 pm

I didn’t have the active weekend that you did, but I love, love, love Yoga Mondays! It gives me a reason to look forward to Mondays and gets me all gooey, relaxed and ready for the week.

27 Maria July 20, 2010 at 12:00 am

I’m watching 27 Dresses on FX πŸ™‚

28 Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 20, 2010 at 12:03 am

I just finished Shutter Island. That movie is freaking amazing!

29 Sarah July 20, 2010 at 12:37 am

You do love those sweet/savory combos! It always makes me double-take… I’m with you up until that sweet addition, haha. I need to try it more often and be brave!

I am watching True Blood!

30 Artemis @ t.a.p.e.s.t.r.y July 20, 2010 at 1:26 am

Whoa! Dates in an omelette – such a good idea, Megan! I will have to try it out, especially since I pretty much think dates are god’s gift to mankind.

31 pursuitofhealthfulness July 20, 2010 at 1:55 am

Dates in an omelette? I never would have considered it, but you always seems to come up with unexpectedly good combos, so it’s worth a shot!

I’m jealous of your TV time. Voiced-over sitcoms in German just aren’t the same. Hulu doesn’t even work over here!

32 Melissa July 20, 2010 at 7:21 am

impressive omelet. I just went to see Knight and Day, it was terrible! Right now my guilty pleasure is true blood.

33 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday July 20, 2010 at 8:20 am

For being only your second omelette, that looks fantastic. My omelettes always turn out to be more like scrambled eggs!

34 Rosey Rebecca July 20, 2010 at 8:22 am

You’ve inspired me to go to a pi-yo class this morning! Thank you! Your omelet is so creative.

ps. I’m having a coconut water giveaway on my blog. πŸ™‚

35 atastelife July 20, 2010 at 8:27 am

haha – I love ABC Family – totally recorded that movie so I can watch it tomorrow night.

36 Sarah July 20, 2010 at 8:58 am

That reminds me I have a new Huge to watch! I just got into Cake Boss on TLC…know I’m kind of late to the game but I love Buddy and his crazy sisters.

37 Meghann July 20, 2010 at 9:01 am

I met Buddy back in February http://graduatemeghann.com/2010/02/09/kellys-cake-off-for-a-cause/ He’s AWESOME! And really a sweet heart in person. πŸ™‚

38 SaraRM July 20, 2010 at 9:21 am

Definitely watched Revenge of the Bridesmaids last night too! Cheesy but still made me laugh. Good times…. πŸ™‚

39 Nicci July 20, 2010 at 9:59 am

I’m loving Covert Affairs on USA.

40 DiningAndDishing July 20, 2010 at 10:25 am

I am missing cable like crazy right now. My roommates and I got rid of it a few months ago and to be honest, I miss it more than I thought I would! I’m moving soon and it is going to be a MUST in my new house :).

– Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

41 Blythe July 20, 2010 at 10:36 am

Hi Meghann,

I just wanted to let you know that what you experienced in Pigeon is actually quite common and “supposed” to happen–its a good thing! A lot of yoga instructors report their students becoming very overwhelmed with emotions, such as crying, while in pigeon. Moving into such a hip-opening pose can sometimes open us so much that the “release” happens where it needs to–we hold a lot more than tension in our hip joints–pretty powerful stuff, huh? Your yoga practice is growing stronger and you should be proud of yourself! πŸ™‚

42 Stacey @ Tipping the (Kitchen!) Scales July 20, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Never would I have ever thought of putting dates (or any fruit!) in an omelet! Maybe I am missing out!

43 Ed July 20, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Last night while doing killer sprint intervals (for me anyway :)) with my trainer I was watching Remember the Titans on BET. I love good sports movies!

44 kelly July 20, 2010 at 8:58 pm

I’m right there with you on the Lifetime and ABC family movies! πŸ™‚ Watched the revenge of the bridesmaid movie, it was cute. πŸ™‚

45 Kelly Olexa July 20, 2010 at 9:15 pm

That meal looks heavenly. Never thought of adding dates but since I love me some dates, I’m gonna try it. πŸ˜‰
What am I watching? I just got into Mad Men (big time) last year so I am addicted. Also just discovered Cold Case and of course they just cancelled the show (my luck!). I’m big into all the crime shows like Criminal Minds, CSI and The Mentalist too. And Kendra. I admit it. I admit it. πŸ˜‰

46 Brynne July 24, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Dates and red onion and blue cheese in an omelet sounds AMAZING! You always come up with the best combinations!