Nadda

by Meghann on July 16, 2010

Want to know how I create a blog post?

First – I mentally document everything that happens through the day that could be considered ‘blog worthy’.

Went to the bathroom an obscene amount of times? Blog about it! Had to upload a zillion flash drives with presentations at work? Blog about it! Discovered the joys of Pandora for the first time? Blog about it!

Second – I mentally begin blogging my meal while preparing and eating it. I try to pay special attention to how combinations work together in both taste and textures and try to pick out anything that could stand out for the post to focus on.

For instance let’s say a lunch has a Sweet! theme or a chewy one.

Third – I upload the pictures and stare at them until something comes to me.

That’s what I was doing just now – staring at all the photos from lunch trying to come up with something witty and original to say about it, and I’ve got nadda.

IMG_1885

I mean, I guess I could talk about how I am in ‘bare bones’ survival mode now with food and I was quite proud of the creative meal I put together.

IMG_1894

Or I can talk about how amazingly delicious the combination of almond butter, apple slices, dates, and mango was or how well it work in the form of a grilled quesadilla.

IMG_1905

Or how the cheese stick I grabbed for the side didn’t work with the combination at all and ended up being fed to Maddie.

IMG_1888

Or that the Kashi bar I had for a mid-morning snack was squished, melty and chocolately.

IMG_1884

But, as I said – I’ve got nada. I guess the photos will just have to do all the work for me, right? I mean it is Friday after all. Having others do the work for you is what Friday are all about. ;)

1 Exercise and Eat July 16, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Looks like your lunch was a good one despite the lack of veggies! Can’t complain when you have mangoes in your life!

2 britchickruns July 16, 2010 at 2:11 pm

That lunch sounds soo totally random that it shouldn’t work..but it looks SO delicious!! I want one 😛

3 Marilou @ Mostly Healthy July 16, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Oh you just reminded me of a great sandwich I made lately – cinnamon and raisin bread + apple slices + almond butter!

Will you survive dinner without veggies?

4 RafQ July 16, 2010 at 2:16 pm

I’m glad you wrote this because I always wanted to do a blog and wasn’t sure how to start. I was going to correct you in saying that in spanish we use “nada” instead of “nadda” but urbandictionary.com set me straight. 😀

5 missyrayn July 16, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Haha this is totally me minus the food. I jot down notes of anything that may be blog worthy and then get mind numb when I sit down to write.

But this was cute and I love fruit and nut butter quesadillas. I actually eat them for dessert 🙂

6 Emily G. July 16, 2010 at 2:30 pm

That wrap looks so good! I absolutely LOVE melting some sharp cheddar cheese on apple slices and toast..so so good. I can just imagine how good it would be in wrap form!!

7 freshman5k July 16, 2010 at 2:50 pm

At least the quesadilla worked out-looks yummy! I just bought a five pound tub of almond butter 🙂

8 Amanda July 16, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Your quesadilla is very similar to a breakfast panini at one of my favorite restaurants: sliced banana / tart apple / nutella / cinnamon challah! The restaurant is http://www.toastbirmingham.com, if you’re curious. 🙂

9 averymeggirl July 16, 2010 at 3:09 pm

haha I never know what to write about.. I keep a notebook with me and when an idea for my blog (or my old blog) since my new one is only 2 days old.. I write it down.. so if I ever feel at a loss I have somwhere to go and get an idea for a post..

This is a random thought.. But my job offers summer fridays, where we get off at 3 on Fridays.. and I know a lot fo NY companies do that.. Is it just a NY thing or is that popular in FL too?

10 Marina July 16, 2010 at 3:43 pm

I write up a post in my mind, and then write it later. It’s usually totally different 😀
Your fruit wrap doesn’t need any words, it looks delicious!

11 Rosey Rebecca July 16, 2010 at 5:01 pm

You just inspired me to make a quesadilla for dinner tonight! Mango and goat cheese sounds like an amazing combo to me! (I know that’s not what you made but it just flew into my mind!

12 khaughney July 16, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Oh, I love apple-cheddar quesadillas. They are fantastic. And oddly, still taste good with salsa.

13 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) July 16, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Seriously, that is how it goes! Although, for someone who has bare bones in the house for food…that looks like a pretty fantastic quesadilla!

14 Diana@mymarblerye July 16, 2010 at 8:18 pm

You can combine anything with almond butter! I swear! 🙂

15 Lisa @bakebikeblog July 16, 2010 at 8:29 pm

What a yummy lunch combo!! 🙂

16 Krystina July 16, 2010 at 9:21 pm

I love when bars get chocolatey and gooey. I brought a Clif bar to the beach today and the chocolate chips were melty and it was just…heaven.

17 Courtney July 16, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Mmmm melty bars are delicious! Especially dark chocolate Zone bars — put one in the microwave and it will taste like lava cake! =D

18 Emilyeatsclean July 16, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Hey I think it looks pretty decent! Apples and cheese…Mmm!

{ 1 trackback }