Ricotta, Basil, Tempeh, & Strawberry Preserves Wrap

by Meghann on July 12, 2010

I just had the BEST lunch I’ve had in a while. I haven’t had time to go to the grocery store yet and I’ll admit those days I am in need of a grocery run are usually where my favorite meals come from.

IMG_1635

Why is it the best you may ask? Well, let me introduce you to my new friend the Ricotta, Fresh Basil, Tempeh, & Strawberry- Basil Preserves Wrap.

IMG_1631

Umm.. yeah, this baby rocked!

IMG_1643

I love how the ricotta always compliments what ever it’s paired with – sweet or savory – to a T. The sweetness of the strawberry preserves blended wonderfully with the taste shape-shifting ricotta, bringing out the sweet side of the cheese. The basil was also an unexpected surprise. Each basil filled bite only enhanced the strawberry-preserves flavor and gave the whole wrap a delectable fresh taste.

IMG_1645

With the wrap I dug into a bag of the new lightly salted Fritos that our Healthy Living Summit sponsor was kind enough to send me.

IMG_1632

Fritos are hands down one of my favorite type of chips of all times. I was never a fan of regular potato chips (seriously who likes plain potato chips? – bring on the sour cream & onion or salt & vinegar), but regular Fritos I could eat by the bag full! Unfortunately every time I ate them my mouth was left overly salty and dry. Usually worth it, but not always preferred.

These 50% less salt Fritos had all the great Frito flavor without the salty after taste. Loved them!

IMG_1639

Watermelon for dessert.

IMG_1641

Earlier this morning I snacked on fresh green beans.

IMG_1629

Seems like an odd sack, but it sounded good to me this morning for what ever reason.

Poor Echo

On my drive home from Miami yesterday my car started making funky noises. Per my Dad’s instructions I pulled over to check the oil and radiator fluid and thankfully everything checked out normal. However, the noise persisted and this morning it was worse.

My Dad and my Anthony came by to take my car away this afternoon leaving me carless until my Mom’s car arrive this evening for my borrowing pleasure. I wasn’t sure when I would be getting my car back and was told to grab what ever I needed from my car in the mean time.

Here is what I ended up bringing back into the office with me.

IMG_1647

Let’s see here… a bike tire, yoga mat, random shoes, yoga clothes (not liking the fact I have to now miss yoga this evening), and my favorite water bottle. Yeah, I got a few stares walking back into the office with those items.

FYI: The bike tire was left over in my car from the last time I took the bike out. For some reason my bike made it upstairs, but the front tire never did. ;)

I’m crossing my fingers my car isn’t too broken and can be fixed quickly. thankfully my Dad works with some great mechanics that I know will take care of my echo baby.

So, here is my random question of the day…

If you had to give your car up for the week, what important things that are in there right now would you have to retrieve?

oh, I should also mention other items in my car that I didn’t deem important enough to grab at this time included a dog crate, cooler, bike pump, and scale. Random, right?

1 britchickruns July 12, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Oh my gosh, I want that wrap!
Hmm…the only thing worthwhile in my car is about 200 CDs!! I’d miss them :P

2 Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete July 12, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Hmmm. All of the items that you retrieved I probably would have done the same except for swimming equipment — paddles, buoy, kick board, extra towel.

At least you are prepared for any workout!

3 Marilou @ Mostly Healthy July 12, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Oh I’d leave all the junk in my car in a heartbeat :)

Probably just the 4932749327520592 reusable bags I have :)

4 kaztronomic July 12, 2010 at 2:17 pm

There is nothing in my car that I need, believe it or not. That, however, may have something to do with the fact that I do not have a car. Heh.

Oh, that wrap looks fantastic! You’re so creative. :D

5 atastelife July 12, 2010 at 2:17 pm

coupon organizer and iPod – which probably isn’t smart to keep in there…

6 Erin July 12, 2010 at 2:21 pm

My husband recently had my car detailed inside and out so he removed everything from the inside. So, no important stuff in there! However, I’d want to take the bike rack off the back so that we could use it on our other car.

7 Shelly@campinggirlchronicals July 12, 2010 at 2:22 pm

The only thing that I have in my car is chapstick and a baseball cap… I would grab both of those and be ready to go. :)

8 Erin 'Ed' Donahue July 12, 2010 at 2:22 pm

I keep my dance shoes in my car! I go out salsa dancing at least twice a week, so I would be heartbroken if I didn’t have them.

9 Gina July 12, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Would you believe I just got those same shoes? I only wore them once though because they rubbed the back of my feet too much. My car started making weird noises yesterday too so I have to give it up tomorrow to get it fixed. Hope your car is okay!

10 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday July 12, 2010 at 2:29 pm

My yoga mat and gym bag. That’s all I even have in my car right now.

11 Emily G. July 12, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I don’t think there is anything in my car that I would have to have..I tend to stuff it all in my purse.

12 missyrayn July 12, 2010 at 2:41 pm

In my car the most important things are my milage log for work and my books on CD and my GPS.

13 Courtney @ Three Months July 12, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Sending good car vibes your way, girl!

14 Nekeisha July 12, 2010 at 2:44 pm

I actually had to give up my car for a week only just got it back last Tuesday. I forgot my sneakers in it and it was sorely missed. My car is my second home and you never know when you are going to need a change os shirt so I keep a lot of stuff in it, but my sneakers are what I missed the most.

15 modernation July 12, 2010 at 2:44 pm

I got into a car accident a few months ago, and had to grab whatever I could at the tow yard. I was nannying at the time, so I had to grab so much stuff fo the kids (car seats, diaper bag, etc). I wound up leaving my yoga mat, some free weights and CDs because I thought I would get my car back in a week or so. My car wound up being totaled and taken away before I had a chance to get my things out of it.

16 Claire July 12, 2010 at 2:48 pm

my sunglasses and two bags of chips(blue corn and Multi grain Food should taste good) I keep in the trunk for emergencies;-)

17 sweetersalt July 12, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Though my house is in no way organized, my car is. Very strange. I keep nothing in there but reusable grocery bags. Kind of strange!

18 Heather July 12, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I never leave too many things in my car, so the only thing I’d have to take out is my door access badge to get in to work. And maybe my reusable grocery bags too!

19 Leah July 12, 2010 at 3:19 pm

My Lady GaGa CD. I would die if I had to go a week with out Bad Romance.

20 Dynamics July 12, 2010 at 3:20 pm

My favorite irreplaceable reusable bags, my rolling cart, my blanket and my Ipod. I try to keep my car pretty clean. Of course, the dog if he is with me.

21 ThinTastesGood July 12, 2010 at 3:57 pm

I keep nothing in my car aside from my sunglasses. So clearing out would be quick and easy.

I hate broken cars. Hope you get yours back soon – and will little damage. I just had to fix an oil leak. $600! Yikes!!!! I was without my car for one day, so not too terrible. But still a pain when you have to work and you want to go workout.

22 runningwithsass July 12, 2010 at 5:06 pm

my jacket I take everywhere I leave in my car. Other than that I can do without!

23 Lisa @ bakebikeblog July 12, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Oh my. I think there is normally at least 1 pair of sneakers, flip flops, bike gloves and a yoga mat in my car!!!

24 sarah July 12, 2010 at 5:48 pm

im a neat freak and there is nothing in my car that i would need…i never leave anything in it:)

25 Molly @fuelherup July 12, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Oh, my – you and your food combos! Maybe I could do a toned-down version with basil, ricotta, and tomatoes! Isn’t it funny how people’s taste buds react differently?

26 Olivia @ Blissful Runner July 12, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Ha. I think the only item in my car not bolted down is the tire pressure guage in my glove box. No joke.

27 amanda July 12, 2010 at 6:50 pm

i love a good piece of watermelon!

ah, car troubles are the worst. i hope you get it back quickly and not for too expensive. keeping my fingers crossed for ya that it’s just something minor.

in my car: i’d pull out my north face rain coat. that’s probably it. everything else is totally cool staying put.

28 Melissa @ Tryingtoheal July 12, 2010 at 7:10 pm

haha…oh the joys of car troubles. i don’t keep many things in my car so i would have much to grab.

29 Rachael July 12, 2010 at 8:15 pm

That is an inspired wrap! Currently salivating at the combination of flavors.
If I had to take the important stuff out of my car right now, I’d be a little put-out: my partner and I are currently living out of it (and a tent) while touring the Northeast and giving sustainability workshops. We’ve got a platform bed, a “kitchen” space, clothing storage and believe me, every inch is packed to the gills!

30 caronae July 12, 2010 at 8:24 pm

This flavor combo sounds simply amazing! You always have the coolest combos Meghann.

31 Brynne July 12, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Lightly salted Fritos sound perfect! I’ll definitely be on the lookout for those.

Three things from my car I would take right now are my Asics, my unread Self magazine, andddd my lunchbag. All necessary.

32 Emilyeatsclean July 12, 2010 at 10:09 pm

I just bought a basil plant yesterday…..I need to add some fresh basit to a wrap or sandwich soon! If somethin happened to my car, I’d have to grap my Ipod!!

33 Amanda July 13, 2010 at 10:45 am

I go through phases where my car can be very messy, but I recently cleaned it out. I can’t say I keep too many important things in there – when it’s messy it’s usually work stuff (papers, books, etc). Sometimes there’s a beach towel in the trunk for sitting on at my husband’s softball games or in case I go to my friend’s pool. I’ve been known to keep a spare pair of flip flops in the trunk (they actually came in handy about a month ago when I helped my boss move some stuff, and it wasn’t going to happen in 3″ peep toe pumps).

Currently all that’s in there are some CDs, my EZ Pass, and some reusable shopping bags in the trunk (that’s pretty good for me!)

34 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) July 13, 2010 at 2:22 pm

That wrap sounds so interesting. I still haven’t tried the jam/tempeh combo, but I def need to. Is it bad that when you said “shape-shifting” I instantly thought of Jacob? Ahh, I am such a Twi-hard. ;-)