Cousins

by Meghann on July 12, 2010

Maddie had company this evening.

Her cousins – Oliver & Sadie – were ready to play, play, play! πŸ™‚

IMG_1672.jpg

Kelly and Anthony were kind enough to drop my Mom’s car off, so I have something to get around with while mine’s in the shop. I promised them good food and worn out dogs in return. I would call that an even trade, no?

They did come bearing good news. Turns out the rattling noise my car was making is a simple fix. All my Dad needs is a $20 part and I’ll be back in business. I’m hoping to get my car back this weekend! Score!

Until then I’m not complaining about having to drive around my mom’s convertible eclipse. Just sayin.’ πŸ˜‰

In honor of my sister and Anthony driving all the way across Orlando to bring me the car, I mad them a Seitan Fried Rice dish that came out pretty good if I say so myself.

I just sauteed the veggies and seitan while the rice was cooking. Then moved everything to the side, fried an egg, added the rice, and mixed it all together with a ginger sesame dressing (I was out of soy sauce).

Topped with craisins ( I think I top everything with craisins) and peanuts.

The dish was good, but needed soy sauce. I guess it’s hard to pull off fried rice without soy sauce. πŸ˜‰

It was also hard to judge how much to cook for 3 people. I’m so used to just cooking for myself that at first I thought I had way too much food. Turns out Anthony eats a ton and I had just enough.

For dessert Kelly and I split one of Amanda’s Patriotic Blondies.

I know, i still need to e-mail her regarding the giveaway. Patience people, patience! πŸ™‚

And this afternoon i had a nut, cereal, & date mix as my afternoon snack.

So, I realized this evening another dog in my apartment would probably not be the smartest idea. My tiny 700 sq ft space could barely handle the three dogs + 2 humans.

Though, I’m pretty sure the pups didn’t mind at all. πŸ˜‰

Maddie is PASSED out behind me. Thank you Oliver & Sadie!

I think I’m going to join her on the couch.

Good Night! πŸ™‚

1 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) July 12, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Oliver is humongous!!! I wish I had a sister to hang out with during the week!

2 Kellie July 12, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I always forget that my husband eats lots so when I buy food, I sometimes don’t get enough. Now that my son is getting older, we are going through food like crazy!

3 missyrayn July 12, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Awww doggie play time. πŸ™‚

I always for get that I need to double what I eat when cooking for Hunni. I was starving him when we first got married because I would only make double what I ate instead of almost 4x.

4 Lisa @bakebikeblog July 12, 2010 at 9:52 pm

yay for fun puppy play dates πŸ™‚ Glad to hear that there is nothing too sinister wrong with your car!

5 Marilou @ Mostly Healthy July 12, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Anthony is SO sweet for driving back and forth 2 times in the same day!! Really, what a great future bro in-law hehehe πŸ™‚

6 Emilyeatsclean July 12, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Wonder if I can have kitty play dates?!?! πŸ™‚

7 danica July 12, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Puppy play dates are the best. tired dogs are good dogs right?
Mhmm I think that fried rice still looks amazing! All of your meals do!
Have a great night!

8 runningwithsass July 12, 2010 at 10:09 pm

my parents have those coffee chairs you have but in silver. I love them!
the pups look like they are having a blast.

9 theprocessofhealing July 12, 2010 at 10:12 pm

That dish sounds so good!!! And tired dogs = happy owner πŸ™‚

10 Nicole July 13, 2010 at 12:46 am

Woah! I had a stir-fry (quinoa) dish with seitan today! Here’s an awesome sub. for when soy sauce is MIA: red wine vinegar, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt n peppah – IT TASTES SO GOOD! I actually stopped buying soy sauce because of this lovely mixture of vinegars + spices. It’s. Great.

11 Alisha July 13, 2010 at 1:43 am

Your area looks so dog friendly that it makes me jealous. My town only has one dog park so it’s always super packed and more chaotic than fun. Dogs aren’t allowed off the leash at my apt complex and only a few of the VERY few restaurants that have outdoor seating even allow dogs. Since most of my friends with dogs also live in apartments, even our play dates involve leashes or too much romping inside too small of a space.

So glad your car is easily (and cheaply) fixed. My dad used to be a mechanic so he can pretty much fix anything on my car and it’s so nice not to have to worry about huge mechanic bills and only have to worry about the cost of parts.

12 Marina July 13, 2010 at 2:35 am

I never know how much to cook for others, I’m always afraid it will be too little :))
I love seitan, it’ so good in stir frys πŸ™‚

13 kath July 13, 2010 at 7:49 am

I need to plan that cleaning trip this winter to help out with that clutter πŸ™‚

14 sweetersalt July 13, 2010 at 9:07 am

Cute – love doggy relatives! I make my puggle Franklin call my parents’ pug “Uncle Sam” πŸ™‚

15 lpskins July 13, 2010 at 12:21 pm

hi!! I just got word that I’ll be working (Attune) at the HLS this year and am SOOOO freaking psyched. wahoooooooooo