Tagged 3,169 Times

by Meghann on July 6, 2010

Shall we skip to dessert? I know you’re dying to know what I did with those figs. πŸ˜‰

Now, didn’t you mother teach you anything?!?! You can’t have dessert until you’ve finished you dinner.

Dinner was inspired by this jar of masala simmering sauce I purchased at Whole Foods.

IMG_1374.jpg

I wanted a fun sauce to try and this one had a fresh ingredient list and no preservatives. πŸ™‚

I started with carrots and onion.

Then added bok choy, mushrooms, green beans, and garbanzo beans.

Once the veggies were soft I added a 1/2 cup of sauce and some water as the back of the container suggested.

I brought it to a boil and then let it simmer for 15 minutes. Unfortunately, I think the suggested water may have been too much. The sauce never got as thick and chunky as I was hoping it would. Very disappointing. πŸ™

I gave up on the sauce and served it over rice anyways with some craisins and almonds.

The veggies were good and the rice was good, but the thin sauce also lacked flavor. I added a sprinkle of salt and some red pepper flakes that managed to salvage it, but I wouldn’t buy this sauce again.

Earlier this afternoon I had some mixed nuts as an afternoon snack.

Now, on to dessert!

Many thanks for all the wonderful suggestions on what to do with the figs! I ended up halving the figs and drizzling them with some balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of sugar before roasting at 420 for 15 minutes.

And topped with a mix of ricotta, honey, chocolate chips, and granola.

Mmm…. the figs caramelized in the oven making them extra sweet and delicious. The ricotta was great too, but next time I would try the vanilla ice cream approach. πŸ™‚

Did you know I have over 3,000 tagged photos on Facebook?

Screen shot 2010-07-06 at 8.03.34 PM.png

Scary, right?

I was in a reminiscent mood yesterday and decided to look through every single one of them starting with numero uno. The first one dated back to 2005 when Facebook first introduced photos on Facebook. That’s almost 5 years of photos on here!

Screen shot 2010-07-06 at 8.10.57 PM.png

It was fun to look through all the old photos. Those were good times and it’s nice to have the collection of memories all in one spot.

Other fun Facebook stats:

• I first joined Facebook back in 2004 when the URL was still www.TheFacebook.com
  • I have 539 ‘friends’… I use the term friends very loosely
  • I have 109 photo albums
  • Since Facebook started saving profile photos in December 2006 I’ve had 208 different profile pics
  • I really only accept friend requests from people I’ve met in real live, so please do not be offended if I have never accept πŸ™

Am I the only one out there with 3,000 tagged photos on Facebook? Can anyone beat it?

1 Evan Thomas July 6, 2010 at 8:59 pm

I have… 293. I’m actually surprised it’s that high, because I’m not one for the camera

2 Ash Bear July 6, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Sadly, I lost all my college ones when I got hacked on Facebook. πŸ™ I’m still retagging to this day!

3 Nicole July 6, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Bummer that the sauce wasn’t too tasty- it sounded amazing.

I’m only tagged in 37 photos, but really only because I untag myself in photos that I don’t like or if they are super embarrassing, haha.

4 pinkflipflops July 6, 2010 at 9:07 pm

If I hadn’t deleted mostof my college photos and untag myself out of every photo people put up of me.. I’m sure I’d have a lot. I also unfriend pepole on a weekly basis. People I haven’t talked to in 10 years don’t need to be my ‘friend’ on facebook. I am pretty restrictive on who is there.

5 Heather July 6, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Wow, that is a lot of tags! I only have about 300 and have been on FB since September 2008, almost 2 years now.

6 theprocessofhealing July 6, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Oh wow… 3000!!!!!
Those figs look sooo good!

7 thefitbridesmaid July 6, 2010 at 9:18 pm

DANG! You definitely beat me! I only have 629 photos tagged. The oldest one dates back to November 7, 2005. I joined facebook back when you had to have a .edu address. It made me feel more secure.

8 Brynne July 6, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Those figs sounds AMAZING! I’m definitely picking up more so I can try that dessert!

My favorite thing I’ve ever had at a restaurant was at a tapas place – sliced fresh fig, goat cheese, and granny smith apple. Best thing I ever ate – forgot to mention that combo before!

9 Amy @ Second City Randomness July 6, 2010 at 9:21 pm

I also joined when it was still thefacebook.com- ha ha. I think it took me awhile to just type in “facebook.com”

I also remember when they started letting people outside of college use it- I freaked out and thought it’d be the beginning of the end… clearly I was wrong.

10 Lisa @ bakebikeblog July 6, 2010 at 9:22 pm

haha man that IS a lot of pics!!!!

11 Jenny July 6, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Gotta love Facebook- did you know there’s a movie coming out about it?

12 Heather @ Side of Sneakers July 6, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I had about that many before I went through and deleted anything less than appropriate for job hunting after college πŸ˜‰

13 Meghann July 6, 2010 at 9:32 pm

The funny part is I’ve gone through all the photos several times deleting things that weren’t job appropriate and I still have a zillion out there! lol

14 Julie @ Pickley Pear July 6, 2010 at 9:38 pm

3000!!!!! Holy cow! I was a MySpace fan for years before switching to Facebook. I have never eaten a fig, but your dessert looks amazing!

15 Lauren @ Eater not a runner July 6, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I love figs!! So good with some procuitto!

16 megzzmazz July 6, 2010 at 9:48 pm

When I was applying for jobs I de-tagged myself in all of my pictures.. I really wish I never did because it would be fun to look at the pictures from college!

My family got me to try figs this weekend and I enjoyed them. Remind me of my grandfather and his fig trees πŸ™‚

17 emily July 6, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Haha, I still have a hard time remembering not to type in THEfacebook any more!

18 Erin July 6, 2010 at 10:10 pm

I definitely joined at the same time as you! It was my freshmen year of college and so exciting to have this new way to ‘meet’ people. Facebook became way less cool when it opened up to everyone.

19 Anne @ the doctor takes a wife July 6, 2010 at 10:11 pm

I remember when it was thefacebook too πŸ™‚ It was only a few big schools and then it EXPLODED!!

20 Meg July 6, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Ahhh Facebook! I’m sure you look GORGEOUS in all 3,000 photos πŸ™‚

That figalicious dessert looks amazing!! πŸ˜€

21 Alison July 6, 2010 at 10:17 pm

I joined Facebook in 2006. I remember when myspace was a much bigger deal.

Meghann – I’ve lurked on your blog for well over a year now and have always wondered something. How do you pronounce your name? Like Megan or Meg-Anne? I know one other person with your spelling and she is Meg-Anne so that’s how I pronounce your name in my head.

22 Meghann July 7, 2010 at 5:51 am

I oddly get this question a lot – especially when I was a cashier and had to wear a name tag. πŸ™‚ My name is pronounced Megan though sometimes it’s fun to tell people its meg-hun and really emphasis the H πŸ™‚

23 kaztronomic July 6, 2010 at 10:21 pm

I’ve been tagged…once? xD

That fig dessert looks amazing! I never thought to roast figs. Wow. I must do something like that soon!

24 mindy July 6, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I used to have a LOT more photos/friends/albums, etc. than I do now, but over the past few months, I’ve been working on minimalizing my account: I untagged all my pictures, started unfriending people, etc. I joined way back when it was the The Facebook as well. I was one of the first people at my college to have an account!

25 Miranda @ MirandaJeans July 6, 2010 at 10:33 pm

I have 204 ‘friends’ on FB. I often go through and clean house with my friends list. People I don’t talk to anymore, people who I wouldn’t want to run into and chat with anymore, people from high school or work that I never really talked to when I was around them in person lol.

Currently have 30 peofile pictures on file.

I am tagged i 57 photots. Was much higher before I untagged myself a couple of years ago from other peoples pictures. A lot came from wedding pictures.

I currently have 35 photo albumbs that add up to 1437 photos.

26 Emilyeatsclean July 6, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Nope….you got me beat on facebook! Is it weird that I’m pretty private on facebook, bu It put my entire life on my blog?!?! Those figs look delic! I’ve got dried figs right now, that I’m trying to figure out what to do with it because they really aren’t too tasty alone.

27 Julie @ Wearing Mascara July 6, 2010 at 11:19 pm

I think I have like 2,000 pictures. It’s crazy!

28 Julie @ Wearing Mascara July 6, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Also, I had a feeling you were going to incorporate ricotta cheese into your dessert πŸ™‚

29 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) July 6, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Damn! 3000?? That’s crazy! I have almost 2000 and I thought that was a lot! I think it depends on how many paparazzi friends you have. πŸ˜‰ I have one which probably took the majority of those pics haha.

Those figs look amazing!!!! I love fresh figs and got super excited when I finally saw them in the store.

30 janetha b July 6, 2010 at 11:27 pm

wow, that is hilarious! and awesome. i have about 600 tagged photos.

31 ellaroo88 July 7, 2010 at 12:00 am

I delete pictures of myself I don’t like-how sad is that. . .

32 Nicole July 7, 2010 at 12:03 am

3000 tagged photos, I think that’s hard to beat! Dinner looks AMAZING!!

33 greensandjeans July 7, 2010 at 12:16 am

The school I went to was one of the original two on Facebook! At the beginning of my freshman year we all had paper “facebooks” with pictures, hometowns, and names and by the end of the year everything was online. Nuts!

34 Maytina July 7, 2010 at 12:20 am

First of all, the figs look great! What a simple and so tasty way to serve them! I have 699 tagged photos of myself on Facebook. The only person with more than me on my friend’s list is a 17 year old girl! My Facebook friend rule is I can’t add you unless you’re on my Christmas card list, which means we’re related or you’re actually my friend. πŸ˜‰

35 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] July 7, 2010 at 1:10 am

I’m not a fan of the whole tagged photo approach. I stick to albums =]

36 Cat July 7, 2010 at 1:59 am

My funny Facebook fact: I’ve had the same profile picture the *entire* time I’ve had an account! Of course, I only created an account in early 2008 (I graduated college in 2003, well before online social networking meant anything!), but people change their profile pics all the time. But, mine is a headshot that we did for my company’s website and I just like it sooo much! I just can’t give it up πŸ™‚

37 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) July 7, 2010 at 2:56 am

Awww, old facebook nostalgia. When I joined in 2004, there was no WALL. How the times have changed… and I would have that many pictures if I did not obsessively untag. Whoops.

38 soyaetchocolat July 7, 2010 at 6:58 am

I still can’t believe how big Facebook got over the years. I wonder if people will loose interest with time…

I don’t have that many pictures on it because I hate having my picture taken and I’m really careful about which one I publish. I’m kind of scare of what they can do with it afterward….

I’m with you with the ‘friend’ thing. I only accept people that I have met in real life. It’s a good way to keep in touch with my work contacts though. I work freelance so I need my ex coworkers to know when I’m looking for a new gig! πŸ˜‰

39 Marissa July 7, 2010 at 9:11 am

I applaude you on putting the effort in to making so many dishes! I’m a Lacy McLazyson and only ever “make” anything once in a blue moon. Usually its just an endless line of yogurt messes, omeletes, salads, baked chicken, and microwavable veggies!

40 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday July 7, 2010 at 9:15 am

404 photos of me.

Haha, 404 error.

41 Callie July 7, 2010 at 9:22 am

I still type in “www.THEfacebook.com” and it still works! Someone just teased me about this the other day. What can I say – I’ve been there a long time!

Only 458 photos here…but then again, I have intentionally “untagged” myself in several photos. You can imagine why. πŸ™‚

42 newleafeats July 7, 2010 at 9:44 am

I want to try fresh figs sooo bad! Though I think I’d have a “have my cake and eat it too” complex, because they’re so beautiful and so hard to come by!

43 Stephanie July 7, 2010 at 12:31 pm

3000? geez! I have 615 and i’ve been on since 2005!! haha

44 Amber from Girl with the Red Hair July 7, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I did that a few months ago – it was so fun to reminisce through all my photos! Reminded me of all the great times I’ve had. I also untagged a few *ahem* inappropriate ones! Haha

45 missyrayn July 7, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Facebook didn’t exist when I was in college. We were all still on AIM πŸ™‚

I don’t have a ton of pictures because I don’t take the time to upload them and didn’t have a digital camera until I got married in 2008.

I need to weed out my “friends list” since crazy people I went to HS friended me and drive me nuts.

46 Stacey July 7, 2010 at 3:14 pm

I have never bought fresh figs because I have no idea what to do woth them but yours look delicious! And 3000 is a lot of photos!!

47 Alyssa July 7, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Just made this dessert….seriously amazing. I love fruit for dessert! Thanks for the idea!

48 Amy July 15, 2010 at 9:05 am

We met at the Boston Summit last year, but I think you forgot lol I got the DENIED button! j/k

And I am pretty sure that has to be a record no? 3,000?!?!?!?!

49 Quirky Jessi July 17, 2010 at 10:23 am

I’m kinda surprised you don’t have a Facebook fan page then to connect with all your bloggy/online people, too, but in a separate location than your personal page. I looked for one a while back, but didn’t see you there.