more ยป" />

New Shoes

by Meghann on July 5, 2010

Out with the old…

In with the new…

I purchased the Brooks Glycerin 7s in the above photo way back in January and since then they’ve served me well through a full marathon, ultra-marathon, and a sprint triathlon. They never caused a blister, never bothered my knees, and always left my feet feeling strong. They will be missed. ๐Ÿ™

I tried on a few other pairs of different running shoes, but my feet kept finding their way into the Glycerin 8s – why mess with a good thing, right? Hopefully the 8s will serve me just as well as the 7s. After all, I do have a BQ to prepare for. ๐Ÿ˜‰

After shoe shopping I headed to Whole Foods for some groceries and was overcome by hunger for lunch halfway through the trip. I had two options – a) continue being ravenous as I finished up at Whole Foods & Publix before heading home for a late lunch an hour or two later or b) buy lunch at Whole Foods.

I went with option B.

I skipped the hot bar and instead decided to try a couple of items in the cold food case.

IMG_9422.jpg

Usually I’m not one for pasta, but the cold veggie pasta spoke to me. PLUS it was on sale. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I had a sample and enjoyed it so I got a small container and requested extra pieces of carrot in it.

With the small container of pasta I had a small container of roasted veggies.

And a pretzel baguette.

Washed down with my favorite Honest Tea.

IMG_9421.jpg

All together.

Totally hit the spot. I still managed to spend too much money grocery shopping on a full stomach, but – what-ever – that’s beside the point. ๐Ÿ˜‰

You know what I did the rest of the afternoon?!?!

Nothing!

I had big plans to clean, organize, and clean some more, but sometimes a girl just needs to chill on the couch! I’ve been on the go way too much lately. The couch and Glee was just what I needed.

It was also nice to catch up with a few friend via Facebook chat and on the phone. It’s been a very reminicisent weekend. Where does time go?

Around 5:00 I snacked on a mix of cheerios, rolled dates, mini pb cups, and peanuts.

For dinner I kept it simple with a fresh caprese salad.

On top of a bed of arugula I laid a row of tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil then drizzled it all with some balsamic vinegar, almonds, and craisins.

The salad was a refreshing reminder that summer is here. Everything tasted so fresh and in season – love it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dessert? A serving of vanilla ice cream with chocolate dipped strawberries and granola.

When’s the last time you spoke with a good friend from high school or college?

Can’t remember? Well, call them! or text them! or Facebook message them! It’s always nice to hear from old friends ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Evan Thomas July 5, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Love roasted veggies, especially when someone else does the roasting ๐Ÿ™‚

And your question tonight really speaks to me. I realized I’d gotten so out of touch with high school friends besides “liking” their statuses on facebook. So two nights ago I logged on to my really old IM account, and one of them IMed me, and even though it’d been maybe a year and a half since I had a serious conversation with them it was like we picked up right where we left off

2 Aimee July 5, 2010 at 9:10 pm

What type of “bowl” is the little thing you used for your snack and ice cream? It looks pretty small, so I’m assuming it’s not actually a bowl, but maybe something else? Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Lindsay July 5, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I just saw some of my college friends yesterday at a mini-reunion in Boston. It was fantastic! I loved catching up with them!

4 Lisa @ bakebikeblog July 5, 2010 at 9:13 pm

I love caprese salad! I had one just the other night….delish!

5 Chasing the Now July 5, 2010 at 9:17 pm

I’m awful at keeping up with old friends. I’m trying to do better, but it can be intimidating for me!

6 mindy July 5, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Well, I live with my best friend from college (we met almost seven years ago!), so I talk to her a lot! I’m also still really close to a few other college friends. High school, that’s a different story. I keep in touch with a couple girls, but that’s about it (and I’m okay with that, too!).

7 runningwithsass July 5, 2010 at 9:25 pm

this reminds me I need new shoes. mine have way too many miles on them!

8 Julie @ Pickley Pear July 5, 2010 at 9:34 pm

I love getting new shoes! I feel like they make me run better ๐Ÿ™‚ I need a trip to WF, I’m having withdrawals!

9 mylifeissweet July 5, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I just saw my college friend this weekend ๐Ÿ˜€ that pasta salad looked PHENOM!

10 Mary July 5, 2010 at 10:08 pm

I just caught up with my BFF from Nurisng school the other day on the phone! I also just bought some new asics while I have been vacationing here in Orlando ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad you’re resting up ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Laura Georgina July 5, 2010 at 10:42 pm

I’m actually catching up with my one of my high school friend’s parents this week! I wish I could see her, too, but she lives way far away and they are just so sweet ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Emilyeatsclean July 5, 2010 at 10:59 pm

I just love new tennis shoes!!! And that pretzel baguette looks delic!

13 ginavan July 5, 2010 at 11:20 pm

Yay! New shoes! New running shoes make my day! I wear the Glycerin 7 and LOVE them! No problems at all! (And I have had my share of running problems :)) You’ll have to let us know how the Glycerin 8 compare! I’d love to know! Happy training!

14 Dawn July 6, 2010 at 12:11 am

It’s amazing how much a pair of new shoes can spice up your running for a few days. Hopefully your new Glycerins treat you just as well as your old ones did!

15 kaztronomic July 6, 2010 at 2:37 am

I love the choccy-strawberries with your ice cream.

I keep finding old friends on Facebook, so I’m always talking to them. ๐Ÿ˜€

16 britchickruns July 6, 2010 at 2:53 am

I’m nnot good with keeping up with old friends – I’m in touch with two from high school/college, but then I didn’t settle well, and they were basially my ONLY friends :s

17 Katherine: What About Summer? July 6, 2010 at 6:52 am

my goodness it is WAY time for you to get new shoes. I love brooks! I got to be a tester for them actually

18 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday July 6, 2010 at 8:18 am

I think my next pair of runners will be vibrams. I’m interested in getting into barefoot running

19 DiningAndDishing July 6, 2010 at 10:43 am

I know people complain about Facebook sometimes but I love it! Social media makes it so easy to stay in touch and keep up to date on long distance/old friends. Life is busy and I think without Facebook I’d be totally out of touch!

– Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

20 hundredtenpounds July 6, 2010 at 12:39 pm

I love my new Brooks Ravenna shoes! I got them a few months ago and they are fantastic.

21 missyrayn July 6, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Since our WF and TJ is an hour away when we go out we always make it a dinner date. I love their options that don’t make me sick with all the added sugars.

I keep in contact with some good friends from college but hardly ever talk to my HS friends. We’ve just drifted so far in the last 10 years that I don’t even really know them any more.