OOIAJ + TGIF

by Meghann on July 2, 2010

It’s Friday!

Not only is it Friday, it’s the Friday before a 3 day weekend! Woo hoo!! Anyone else’s office as empty as mine? I think several co-workers turned the 3 day weekend into a 4 day weekend. Jealous! 😉

I was up early this morning for a Back2Back body power and spin class. The body power was great, but the spin was only so, so. I just wasn’t sweating like I usually do, I guess you can’t win them all?

Breakfast was prepared last night and enjoyed this morning at my desk.

IMG_0739

OOIAJ (Overnight Oats in a Jar)

• Almond Jar that’s on its last leg
  • 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
  • 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
  • Butterscotch Chips <— best addition ever
  • Raisins
  • Strawberry Preserves
  • Cinnamon

IMG_0745

Topped with blueberries & raspberries

IMG_0748

This was actually a FANTASTIC combo. The addition of the butterscotch chips and strawberry preserves just gave the whole meal so much flavor. Delicious.

IMG_0752

Does anyone have any big plans for the July 4th weekend?

I will be attending a childhood friend’s wedding the beach tomorrow. Well, actually the wedding is at my old church, but the reception is at the beach. Party at the beach! Woo hoo!

1 Courtney @ Three Months July 2, 2010 at 8:43 am

Oooh, a beach reception…how fun! I’ll be in D.C. celebrating with friends – can’t wait! Have a great weekend!

2 Brittany July 2, 2010 at 8:43 am

The same thing happened at my office. I think I’m going to be the only person on the bottom level today.

I don’t have any big plans, just going up to Northern VA to an all day cookout on the 4th, otherwise relaxing, cleaning, etc.

Have a lovely LONG weekend!!

3 Frugal 'n' Fit! July 2, 2010 at 8:52 am

Yesterday was Canada Day so the office is just DEAD here today. I am not complaining though!

I love the addition of the butterscotch chips to your OOIAJ. I will have to remember this tip.

4 PhillyGirlRuns July 2, 2010 at 8:52 am

it’s a total ghost town in my office today too…either I’ll be super-productive OR I’ll get nothing done bc I’ll be jealous of the people who aren’t here 🙂

5 Marissa July 2, 2010 at 8:54 am

I have breakfast envy. That OOIAJ looks so good! Especially the butterscotch chips… yumm. I have no major plans for the weekend except a barbecue on the 4th, but next weekend I’m going to the beach with my friends! Yeahh!

6 Sarah July 2, 2010 at 8:55 am

Breakfast looks so delicious! I really enjoy reading about your creative food combos. Have you always been so creative with food?

7 Meghann July 2, 2010 at 8:57 am

Yes! And it used to drive my parents crazy! I wouldn’t eat anything ‘normal’ but I would eat pizza with fruit and Gorgonzola cheese.

8 britchickruns July 2, 2010 at 9:07 am

There is no July 4th in England :'( just a normal 2day weekend for me…alas!

9 Jaime July 2, 2010 at 9:10 am

butterscotch chips!!!!!! YUM. I actually forgot they existed….thank you for bringing them back into my reality.

Headed down to Virginia Beach then North Carolina for 4th of July weekend. YAY for summer vacation!!!!!!

10 Amanda July 2, 2010 at 9:14 am

You are so motivating the way you wake up so early and just tackle your workouts, I love i! 🙂

11 Kelly July 2, 2010 at 9:27 am

I’m leaving tomorrow for my week long north carolina trip!

12 fitandfortysomething July 2, 2010 at 9:59 am

Bfast looks yum! Gonna do a 5 k on Sunday!

13 newleafeats July 2, 2010 at 10:01 am

I’ve been wanting to make OOIAJ with butterscotch chips added in, but then the husband went and ate the rest of the rolled oats. Ah well. Maybe next week.

My office apparently didn’t get all that excited about the 4th this year because seemingly nobody took off today. We did have training this week, so the holiday really just snuck up on us. Nobody actually mentioned that we have Monday off until the waning hours of the work day yesterday.

14 DiningAndDishing July 2, 2010 at 10:44 am

I have to work on Monday boo!! But I do get triple time which makes me happy :). I plan to celebrate the 4th on Saturday night instead, which should be almost just as fun!

– Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

15 Evelyn @ cheers2healthy July 2, 2010 at 10:49 am

Yummm! Butterscotch chips & preserves with fresh berries? That sounds like a winner!

16 Angela July 2, 2010 at 11:16 am

My office is surprisingly busy, but we get out at 3 so people may be saving the time off.

This weekend I’ll be staying in NYC, but we have fun plans. On Saturday I’m going to the Long Island City Moma for an outdoor music fest followed by drinks at Water Taxi Beach (a man made beach in Manhattan) and two days relaxing at local beaches, (Jones and Fire Island). I would love to go away, but since getting out of the city this weekend will be an extremely stressful situation I’m relieved I don’t have to travel.

Hope you have a great fourth!

17 Heather July 2, 2010 at 11:29 am

Party at the beach sounds like a blast! My boy and I are heading to Tucson, AZ for the weekend to go to this carnival/festival thing (a band is playing he wants to see). I’m excited to have a mini getaway for the weekend!

Have a great time at the wedding!

18 emilydianne July 2, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I’m planning on spending the fourth on the beach, too! From one college grad to the next – you have a fantastic blog and I look forward to our bloggerelationship! I’ve yet to try overnight oats. Suggestions for a first timer? 🙂

19 hundredtenpounds July 2, 2010 at 1:08 pm

That fresh fruit looks wonderful! That’s my favorite part of summertime. 🙂

This weekend I hope we will lay tile in the kitchen. I’d like a floor. 🙂

20 laura July 2, 2010 at 5:10 pm

that is so sweet of derek!!

I used to call my cat that as well, funny! (what you call your dog)

{ 1 trackback }