My Neglected Desk

by Meghann on July 1, 2010

Finally some normalcy.

After last week’s three day sales meeting and this week’s tradeshow in Denver, it was nice to return to my poor neglected desk. I think my desk missed me these last couple of weeks – I know my computer and e-mail has! 😉

Maddie is still with my parents – I had a 10 minute conversation with her on the phone last night. She told me she’s having a blast, but Scooby keeps stealing her pig ears and Grandma and Grandpa are feeding her way to much for her tiny body. I miss her. – so with no need to go home I brought my lunch with me today to save gas and time.

IMG_0693

I don’t know about you, but I am soooo over eating out. My body wanted something GREEN and thankfully the kale I had left in the fridge over the week was still in good enough shape to be turned into a salad.

IMG_0701

I massaged the kale with vinegar and olive oil then topped it with tomato, mushrooms, almonds, craisins, and hummus.

IMG_0699

There are no words for how good this tasted. It was exactly what my body was craving. 🙂

On the side I was finally able to dig into the chips that came with my sub combo on Wednesday.

IMG_0703

Yes, the chips flew with me back home. Waste not, want not, right?

And a string cheese for a little dairy love.

IMG_0695

All together on the neglected desk.

IMG_0706

Now I need to get back to that neglected e-mail of mine…

1 britchickruns July 1, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Is massaged kale much different to just normal un-massaged kale? Do you have it raw? It sounds interesting….:)
Have a good day!

2 Kelly July 1, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Oh yeah coming back to emails after being away is always an adventure. I am not looking forward to that!

3 lisaathome July 1, 2010 at 1:39 pm

I get so so sick of eating out sometimes. I don’t know how people eat out every day.

4 kaztronomic July 1, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I’m the same way! I find after a few days of ‘indulging’, my body starts screaming at me for nourishment in the form of the leafy greens.

5 Katherine: What About Summer? July 1, 2010 at 1:51 pm

I love mushrooms! I didn’t know publix had string cheese. I guess I’ve never looked

6 rc1001 July 1, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Enjoy that normalcy! Sometimes its nice to get back to what you know. 🙂

7 Beth July 1, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I had a kale salad for lunch today too! My body was craving greens. I love that I can say that now rather than craving junk and candy!

8 Summah July 1, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Haha…I’m eating a fridge leftover sandwich with those EXACT chips! I got them with a sandwich somewhere a while back, and I threw in the cabinet. Since I’m getting ready to move, I’m eating my way through the apartment. Hope your chips are delish!

9 Amy @ Second City Randomness July 1, 2010 at 3:29 pm

I know what you mean after too much eating out… I refer to it as my “salad detox”. 🙂 It also doesn’t hurt that I often find myself craving salad…

10 jenny in new york July 1, 2010 at 3:34 pm

no way those chips would have lasted that many hours if it were me 😉 I would have dug in yesterday!

11 Jenny July 1, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Good luck with your inbox!

12 Kellie July 1, 2010 at 5:45 pm

We were only out of town for the weekend and I was done eating out. I like to go out to dinner one night a week and that is about it.

13 Lisa @ bakebikeblog July 1, 2010 at 6:09 pm

oooh great looking lunch! It is always so nice to come back to one’s “normal” routine after a trip away isnt it 🙂 🙂

14 Julie @ Pickley Pear July 1, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Welcome home! That’s a lot of traveling. I know what you mean by craving veggies. Even after one day of no veggies, my body tells me it needs them…or rather shows me.

15 Melissa @ For the Love of Health July 1, 2010 at 6:36 pm

I dislike eating out in general so travelling is hard, especially for business when you have even less control over what and where you can eat so I totally appreciate the feeling you get once you are home and eating the goodness from your own kitchen. 🙂

16 Jocelyn @ Peace.Love.Nutrition July 1, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I’ve been the same way lately~! I miss being in one spot and my routine…I’m so much better with eating and working a set when I have a set routine

17 Frugal 'n' Fit! July 1, 2010 at 8:15 pm

I am impressed the chips made the journey back with you!

I know it’s time for the vacation to be over when I just crave home-cooked food. The body knows what it wants!

18 Rosey Rebecca July 1, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Poor desk. I love eating out but I know what you mean about getting sick of it. Sometimes I want to just make my own food. I can’t believe you’re going out of town again! Your life is so exciting!