Home! Well, for now…

by Meghann on July 1, 2010

I’m home! And it feels so good. πŸ™‚

A smoothie sounded too good to pass up for dinner last night. I ordered the Chunky Strawberry – sans banana – from Jamba Juice and did not regret one bite.

IMG_9396.jpg

I particularly enjoyed the granola topping on the smoothie. Yum!

Give or take a few moments of turbulence my flight home was pretty uneventful.

I did make friends with my neighbor who was just returning from a post-graduation trip to South Korea. He was a few years younger than me, but our high schools were rivals in high school (small world) and he has a twin brother too! I love making new friends on airplanes. He also had an ipad and showed me some great apps I downloaded as soon as I got home.

Many thanks again to Kelly and Anthony for picking me from the airport. Best family ever!

My second half of dinner consisted of carrot sticks and almond butter that I enjoyed as soon as I walked in the apartment.

Then I crashed – I crashed hard! πŸ™‚

This morning was the kick off of my Chicago Marathon Training Plan. Woo hoo!! 14 weeks and counting! πŸ™‚

I hit the track and completed 5 yassos with a goal of 3:59. I actually averaged 3:45 with each 800 and felt great afterwards. Yassos on the tracks are sooo much easier than yassoe on the treadmill in my opinion. πŸ˜‰

Cereal was the only thing I wanted for breakfast.

Cereal! I’ve missed you!

• 1/2 cup Kix
  • 1/2 cup Multigrain Cheerios
  • 1/2 Kashi Flakes
  • Plain Greek Yogurt
  • Raspberries
  • Blueberries
  • Peanut Powder

I stopped on the way home just so I could yogurt and fresh berries with my breakfast. I’m actually going out of town again tomorrow – I know! Shoot me now! – so I didn’t want to do a whole grocery haul, but I knew I wouldn’t live without berries and yogurt. πŸ™‚

I should probably get dressed and head to work, don’t you think? Hopefully my 2 days in the office won’t be so bad. Cross your fingers for me! πŸ™‚

1 britchickruns July 1, 2010 at 9:31 am

Wow, another trip!? You must miss Maddie and home so much! I know I would πŸ™
Havea lovely day πŸ™‚

2 Marina July 1, 2010 at 9:34 am

aren’t yogurt and berries an amazing combo, specially now for summer πŸ™‚
Wow, another trip. You’re the queen of traveling πŸ˜€
Enjoy your day back πŸ˜‰

3 Emilyeatsclean July 1, 2010 at 9:35 am

You’re a traveling machine!!!

4 sweetersalt July 1, 2010 at 9:35 am

hmmm… peanut powder. Do you get yours at an Asian market? I feel like I’ve seen some in my local one.

5 Jenny July 1, 2010 at 9:36 am

Enjoy your trip this weekend!

6 Marissa July 1, 2010 at 9:40 am

Wow, you’re a busy bee! Good for you for keeping up with your training despite all the traveling!

7 PhillyGirlRuns July 1, 2010 at 9:44 am

Yasso 800’s are one of my favorite workouts! I don’t have a track nearby, so I usually do them on the treadmill and I looooooove how quickly it makes the time fly by.

8 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) July 1, 2010 at 10:23 am

I love yogurt and berries. It’s become one of my go-to snacks this summer. I use so many berries that my berry to yogurt ratio is nearly 1:1 – like a berry-only fruit salad!

9 Fervent Foodie July 1, 2010 at 10:26 am

I haven’t had Kix in FOREVER. I miss them!

10 theprocessofhealing July 1, 2010 at 10:27 am

Oh wow, you travel a lot!! You must be getting somewhat tired of that πŸ™
That smoothie looks great though!

11 Tiffany July 1, 2010 at 10:27 am

I love the Chunky Strawberry (sans banana) as well!

Ooh, please share what iPad apps you learned about! I love getting recommendations =)

12 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) July 1, 2010 at 10:33 am

Welcome home… again! I love the chunky strawberry… but with bananas πŸ™‚ I love bananas, but one of my friends taught me that if you order pretty much any jamba smoothie sans banana plus more of whatever your favorite other ingredient is, the smoothie tastes SO much better, because bananas kind of dominate everything. So perhaps your technique is better, even for non banana haters πŸ™‚

13 Kelly July 1, 2010 at 10:34 am

Haha two days in the office, lucky you!

14 ActiveEggplant July 1, 2010 at 11:00 am

What exactly is a Yasso? I’ve started speed training in the last couple of months & so far have done intervals, tempo workouts and fartleks. I’d love to add another speed workout into the mix!

15 missyrayn July 1, 2010 at 11:08 am

You have the most insane schedule sometimes…and I thought my schedule was nuts.

But I agree berries and yogurt are a must.

16 Cassie July 1, 2010 at 11:17 am

Wow your a busy bee! At least you have two days of your normal routine πŸ˜‰

17 Meg July 1, 2010 at 11:20 am

You are a traveling QUEEN! πŸ™‚ Hope you enjoy home, though πŸ˜€

18 Brooke July 1, 2010 at 11:59 am

How many miles is that? Is one “yasso” a quarter mile? Haha, I feel dumb!

19 Brynne July 1, 2010 at 12:24 pm

I’m the same way about yogurt and fruit – my mom told me yesterday we weren’t going shopping until Friday, so last night I picked up a container of Fage and some raspberries because I literally couldn’t survive two days without them.

20 Trish July 1, 2010 at 12:37 pm

I love yogurt and berries! Yum!! I don’t blame you for making a stop at the store.

And how lucky you are to have such a nice family. Every time I go to the airport I have to hire a driver to take me and to pick me up. Nobody in my family could be bothered to worry about me. Sad, but true. I once went to a theme park with my brother and his family – they literally took off and left me by myself. Nice.

You are totally blessed. And too bad you have to travel so much – but at least you get to see different places and have new experiences. It’s tiring, but it’s still a great opportunity.

21 emilydianne July 1, 2010 at 9:56 pm

That may be the most delicious bowl of cereal I’ve ever seen. I’m pondering training for the Hartford Marathon in October after running two half marathons over the last two years. The current roadblock? Being a college graduate with little finances, and needing new sneakers to run any serious long distance :/

22 runningwithsass July 1, 2010 at 11:27 pm

yum that smoothie looks SO GOOD!

23 Deanna July 2, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I just started following your blog and I love it. Thanks for the Blogging 101 tips…great advice!