more ยป" />

A Little Light

by Meghann on June 30, 2010

Welcome to Hump Day everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

I guess hump day isn’t as much of an exercise day as Monday because the hotel gym was EMPTY this morning. Monday I had to wait a good 5 minutes for a free treadmill and today more than half were empty. Strange.

However, the treadmill was not calling my name this morning – the elliptical was. I set the elliptical on a random hill course and vegged out with my book. I just finished Something Borrowed – a book I read back in 2005, but didn’t remember one thing about it – and picked up Something Blue at Barnes & Noble last night. So far I’m really enjoying Something Blue, I love how the author wrote the follow up book from Darcey’s perspective. It’s a nice change of pace from the other novel and provides the follow up story I felt I was short handed on at the end of the first one. ๐Ÿ™‚

For breakfast I ventured back to the Corner Bakery to try the Berry Almond Swiss Oatmeal that looked so tasty when I was last here on Monday. Unfortunately the Swiss Oatmeal had bananas pre-mixed in it and they couldn’t remake any on the spot. Bummer.

Instead I ordered the yogurt and berry parfait.

The parfait contained tons of fresh berries and was really tasty, however it was also really small. I felt somewhat satisfied after finishing the tiny bowl, but I know it’s only a matter of time before my tummy starts growling at me for more. My plan is to stop at the corner market on the way to the convention center for a substantial morning snack to hold me over. ๐Ÿ™‚

Today is my last day in Denver. I work the tradeshow booth until noon then head straight to the airport for my direct flight back home. If all goes according to plan I should be back in Orlando by 9:30 tonight. Sweet!

I <3 Bacteria Winners!

The winner of the Culturelle I <3 Bacteria shirts are…

melissa: Island heights, NJโ€”-soooo beautiful and peaceful! i would love to live thereโ€“thank goodness its a 10 minute drive away!!i <3 bacteria too!!! i have it every day

freshman5k: I havenโ€™t had much experience running in different cities, but my half marathon in Chicago was awesome!

Jess: Boulder, CO. Nothing against Denver since I grew up there, but Boulder has the best trails and its gorgeous! I love running at high altitude because every time I go down to sea level I feel like I can run harder and longer than I normally do.

Congrats to the winners! E-mail me at [email protected] with your information and I will have your prize on your way!

1 Jenny June 30, 2010 at 10:52 am

I think a lot of people work out more on Mondays to “erase” their “mistakes” from the weekend… by Wednesday maybe they’ve forgiven themselves?

2 Nicole June 30, 2010 at 11:03 am

That yogurt bowl looks so delicious! Maybe some chia seeds would’ve made it a filler-upper. Seriously, ever since I saw chias in blogland, I’ve been hooked. In yogurt, cereal + oats they keep me full for hours!

Happy Wednesday ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Meg June 30, 2010 at 11:09 am

That bowl looks amazing! Super summery ๐Ÿ™‚ Have fun today – make it awesome ๐Ÿ˜€

4 Maria @ Chasing the Now June 30, 2010 at 11:11 am

They are both fantastic reads. I read them a few years ago and really enjoyed them. Hated Darcy at first and almost didn’t want to read Something Blue, but glad I did.

5 Jess June 30, 2010 at 11:15 am

Wow I actually won something. Awesome! Have a safe flight home.

6 britchickruns June 30, 2010 at 11:16 am

I agree with Jenny kind of – on Monday, everyone’s all geared up and feeling postive, ready to get fit..totally fades by wednesday!

7 theprocessofhealing June 30, 2010 at 11:19 am

Ohh I love Something Borrowed and Something Blue! I loooove all the books by her!

8 rc1001 June 30, 2010 at 11:41 am

Nice looking breakfast! I wasn’t nearly as creative with mine when I was in Florida last weekend.

9 Kellie June 30, 2010 at 12:21 pm

I’m reading Something Blue right now. It is a cute book.

10 Kelly June 30, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Have a safe trip back to Orlando! And I love Something Borrowed and Something Blue, I can’t wait until the movie comes out!

11 Michelle... June 30, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Hi Meghann! I just found your blog through 20SB (I think..), and I totally love it! Definitely added to my Google Reader :-). All your photos, recipes, and food ideas are great, and I love following your running. I find the gym is super crowded on Monday and less so the rest of the week as well. Perhaps everyone is feeling guilty about their weekend indiscretions Monday morning?

Cheers, and hope you have a pleasant trip back to Orlando!

12 kaztronomic June 30, 2010 at 12:37 pm

It’s funny how the gym was empty. Maybe the business travelers had already left?

Have a good flight home! ๐Ÿ˜€

13 Katherine: What About Summer? June 30, 2010 at 1:37 pm

have a great time getting home! always like Dorothy in wizard of oz

14 Laura June 30, 2010 at 1:41 pm

love all the emily giffin books!!!! you should read her third one…baby proof…it’s pretty good! the something borrowed movie is going to be awesome…mianly because jim from the office will be in it. HELLO!

15 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) June 30, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I read Something Borrowed a couple years ago and JUST finished Something Blue. I too got it from BN in the bargain section! The first half was a bit slow but it gets better and better near the end.

16 missyrayn June 30, 2010 at 3:17 pm

I don’t like when places can’t remake stuff without the allergen. I understand it is hard but so frustrating since I really can’t eat sugar (especially refined) and so much “healthy” stuff has sugar already in it.

17 Heather June 30, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Oooh, Something Blue is one of my favorite books ever! Emily Giffin is my favorite author, enjoy! You’ll love the book. You should give her others a try as well, the rest are great!

18 thefitbridesmaid June 30, 2010 at 6:03 pm

I’m totally a sucker for chick-lit. I really enjoyed Something Blue. And I read another one by her, Love the One You’re With, which wasn’t quite as good. But 20’s Girl by Sophie Kinsella was so cute!

19 Krista June 30, 2010 at 6:39 pm

I’m reading Something Blue now and I loved Something Borrowed. I was soo excited to find out theyre making movie out of both books staring Kate Hudson. I forget who else is in it. I’m not sure when its due to come out but they are filming it now!! I can’t wait!!

20 Marissa July 1, 2010 at 9:42 am

I know! I never order yogurt bowls at a restaurant anymore, because they’re always so small. The same as a lot of salads!