more ยป" />

On the Move in Denver

by Meghann on June 28, 2010

Good Morning Denver, Colorado!!

And what a beautiful morning it is! I’m really digging this beautiful sunshine, breezy temps, and dry air. Why do I live in Florida again? Oh yeah, it’s because the temps aren’t like this year around. ๐Ÿ˜‰

My morning began with a visit to the hotel gym. I <3 hitting the gym while traveling for work! It really helps me clear my mind before the long day ahead.

I was actually very impressed with the gym at my hotel this morning. It had plenty of equipment and was full of people! The only complaint I had was there was not enough treadmills – I had to wait 10 – 15 minutes for one for one of the 20 treadmills – besides that I can’t wait to go back tomorrow. Once I got on the treadmill I enjoyed a leisurely 4 mile run at 6.5 while watching Saved by the Bell – love that show!

I walked down the street for breakfast and found the Corner Bakery on – well – a corner.

I ordered the Farmer’s Scramble which came with peppers, mushrooms, and onions. Customized with no cheese, egg whites only, and fresh fruit instead of potatoes on the side.

The eggs were kind of cold. booo….

The fruit was delicious. ๐Ÿ™‚

So, you want to know what I will be up over the next few days?

Well, here’s a hint.

I’m working a tradeshow on behalf of my company. I don’t work many tradeshows, but I do tend to be involved with the big ones and this one is HUGE – I believe 30,000 people in attendance?!

The last time I worked a tradeshow was back in December (Recap Here) and I remember those days being long and tough! Being on your feet and staying perky can be exhausting, but it’s also a fun change up from the normal office routine. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Wish me luck as I discuss our latest products and releases with thousands of prospects and leads! ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Jenny June 28, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Congrats on the responsibility! I bet you earned it:)

2 Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle June 28, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Let me know if you need any fun places to go in Denver! Enjoy!! ๐Ÿ˜€

3 britchickruns June 28, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Ohh looks like it’s going to be a fun trip – I myself love tradeshows ๐Ÿ˜› Have a good time!

4 Frugal 'n' Fit! June 28, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Just think of being on your feet all day as a form of strength training ๐Ÿ™‚

5 ellaroo88 June 28, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Denver- OH I think I could even handle denver in the winter as long as I could ski all the time- have a great trip!

6 kaztronomic June 28, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I think that’s really neat. ๐Ÿ˜€ Good luck, and have fun!

7 Jess June 28, 2010 at 1:56 pm

The weather here is pretty amazing all year round. Even after it snows, it can be in the 50-70s the very next day. Doesn’t usually stick around for long which is awesome..and the sun always shines. You need to check out Snooze for a good breakfast downtown. It’s so delicious! The Market in Larimer Square is also awesome for any meal.

8 missyrayn June 28, 2010 at 2:07 pm

The weather in Colorado is gorgeous year round. If I could move there to work I totally would. The snow is usually gone by the end of the day. And no sweating the second you step out the door. I’ve only been once and I miss it.

9 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 28, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Sounds like it could be a rough way to spend a day that is for sure. Hopefuly your lunch turns out better than breakfast did.

10 Lindsay June 28, 2010 at 2:19 pm

I have to agree with some of the other commenters. The weather in CO is pretty fabulous throughout the year. While it often snows, it generally melts the following day (unlike the Northeast, where I’m currently situated! Snow can linger for quite some time here in New England). Sunshine and crisp, dry air is the key to the Coloradan weather. ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck with your tradeshow. Looks epic!

11 sally kate June 28, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Denver and most of the places on the front range have much milder winters than us up in the mountains :). If you get a chance to go to steubens in LoDo, try the cuban- it will change your life. And the fries are pretty spectacular as well ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Cara June 28, 2010 at 2:24 pm

I work at trade shows like that for work sometimes, too! I have a love/hate relationship with them…they’re totally fun and exciting at first, but by the end of the week it’s like “GET ME THE HELL OUT OF THIS $&$#*(@ CONFERENCE CENTER!!!”

13 Rosey Rebecca June 28, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Your breakfast looks delicious! Good luck with your work thing!

14 Kelly June 28, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Good luck with work! Despite the cold eggs, it still looks good!

15 runningwithsass June 28, 2010 at 3:13 pm

love corner bakery! my friend owns 2 here in Mississippi. Dnd’t know they had them in Denver!

16 Laura June 28, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Denver is such an awesome city! I am glad you are enjoying the weather and all the other highlights we have to offer. Have a great time at the conference. I have helped work on a few of them too, but haven’t gotten the chance to attend one yet!

17 Evelyn @ cheers2healthy June 28, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Gasp! I looooove conventions. So much fun!! It’s like being a kid in a candy shop.

18 Fervent Foodie June 28, 2010 at 3:54 pm

I love reading about the healthy picks you make at restaurants. I always have a REALLY hard time with that–and you give me lots of good ideas. Thanks!

19 Sarah June 28, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Sounds like another adventure!

20 Melissa June 28, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I know that someone already made this comment, but you have to get to Snooze for brunch. The pancake flight is mind blowing!
Also, if you and your co-workers want to go out for a nice dinner (hopefully on the company), check out Vesta Dipping Grill or Zenga! Both have really creative menus that I am sure you would appreciate!
Enjoy Denver and try not to melt today (it is hot for us Colorado folk).

21 Lisa @ bakebikeblog June 28, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Wow – have fun at the trade show!! I am sure it will be wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚

22 christina cadden June 28, 2010 at 6:08 pm

That breakfast looks amazing!

23 Emilyeatsclean June 28, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Yea I might not want to work the trade show, BUT attending it could be fun! Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

24 postcollegecook June 28, 2010 at 9:12 pm

That’s awesome that you get to travel for work and then mix in some family/leisure time. If you’re looking for a place to unwind after work my cousin and her husband own a wine bar called Caveau (450 East 17th Avenue). I think they serve tapas!

25 theprocessofhealing June 28, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Oh wow! Sounds like you’re going to be busy!

26 Faith June 28, 2010 at 10:13 pm

It’s so nice to have a break from Florida weather!!! I about die on my runs every afternoon and have to remind myself that in just a few months I’ll be back to running in sweatshirts…man do I look forward to those days! LOVED Saved by the Bell, too…especially Zack! He was so impishly cute!

27 fitandfortysomething June 28, 2010 at 10:19 pm

oh i love the mountain climate too but you are right the winters can be crazy!

28 Christina June 28, 2010 at 11:11 pm

Holy cow – 30,00 people??!! You’re gonna be one busy chica! Denver looks awesome…I’m jealous!(even though I know it’s a work trip)

On a completely unrelated side note…did you see the new HP trailer that came out today?!?! I know that you’re a fan from your visit to Universal a couple weeks ago…I can’t wait to go (to the movie AND the park!). Anyway, here’s a link to the trailer if you want to check it out!

29 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) June 29, 2010 at 12:03 am

Trade shows are tough! Lots of talking, lots of standing, lots of being stuck behind a booth. At least you get to spend it in an awesome city!!

30 shorty July 1, 2010 at 1:10 am

I think my husband attended that trade show! How funny:) He was in Denver for 3 days and from some of the signs it looks like it is the same one but who knows…too funny!