Take Your Dog to Work Day

by Meghann on June 25, 2010

It’s the last day of training! Woo hoo!!

As informative and beneficial the last two days have been, they’ve all been very draining. I’m looking forward on hopping on that plane this afternoon and playing in the mountains with my family this weekend. πŸ™‚

I got straight to work this morning with packing and completing a few chores around the apartment. I had stalled packing until this morning and was in a bit of a rush as I haphazardly threw everything in a bag, realized it didn’t all fit, and trying all over again until it did.

Mangos are in peak season right now in Florida and they had a gorgeous display of organic Mangos for sale at my Publix yesterday.

I had the whole mango for breakfast this morning with some plain yogurt and a sprinkle of granola.

Toasted Arnold’s Thin sandwich on the side with Almond Butter and Strawberry Preserves.

All together.

Did you know today is National Take Your Dog to Work Day?!?!

Does anyone’s work actually honor this holiday? I’m pretty sure my office wouldn’t be too thrilled if I showed up with Maddie at work this morning. Actually, they probably would be happy – we’re all dog people – they just wouldn’t be happy if she was staying any longer than a 5 minute visit.

My whole job was VERY dog friendly. People used to have their pups in all the time! If I had to bring Abbie to a 4:00pm vet appointment it would be no problem to get her at lunch time and have her in my cubicle until her appointment. πŸ™‚

Alright, another busy day! I’ll see ya at the airport!

1 Courtney @ Three Months June 25, 2010 at 8:59 am

My old job was super dog-friendly. People would bring their dog almost every day! I remember going in to interview and there were dogs all over! It was super fun and created a casual atmosphere!

2 Jocelyn June 25, 2010 at 8:59 am

what if someone is allergic to dogs!? lol I don’t think my workplace would appreciate it :P:P Great lookin bfast!

3 Jocelyn June 25, 2010 at 9:00 am

p.s mangos = amazing! πŸ™‚

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 25, 2010 at 9:02 am

I sooo wish I could take my dog to work. How much more fun would work be with a dog beside you. That’s why working from home is awesome!

5 britchickruns June 25, 2010 at 9:04 am

That’s an awesome day!! Now if only there’d be a Take Your Horse To Work Day…that would be my kinda deal πŸ™‚

6 Stephanie June 25, 2010 at 9:05 am

I Love Mangos, cutting them up…not so much! I wish I could bring my puppy to work, that would not go over so well at my office- my boss is not an animal person:(

7 Lindsay June 25, 2010 at 9:06 am

Mangos are one of my fav fruits. They are so sweet and exotic-tasting!

8 Becky June 25, 2010 at 9:09 am

My husband works at a company that is a dog-friendly and people bring their dogs into work with them all the time! I think it’s so nice for everyone to have them around, but I guess if you weren’t a dog person, that would suck!

9 Lexie June 25, 2010 at 9:13 am

When I worked at an assisted living community, we were allowed to take well behaved animals in to visit the residents. My mom took our dog in when she was a puppy. Some assisted living communities actually have dogs that just live there and walk around! I think it’s really sweet.

10 Amanda June 25, 2010 at 9:21 am

My boss brings his dog to work everyday. I love dogs but there are times I wish he would leave the dog at home. He is always into something and we are left to clean up after him!

11 Anna June 25, 2010 at 9:30 am

Ha! I teach at Penn State, and sometimes I bring our dogs to work with me and let them hang out in our office while I teach. There’s another professor who bring’s his boxer…it’s like Hotel for Dogs. πŸ™‚

12 tiffany June 25, 2010 at 9:32 am

I tried to convince my manager to let me bring my Aussie Shep in today, and I was THISCLOSE to doing so, but then Roxy came down with some sort of stomach bug on Tuesday. It probably isn’t the best time to bring her in =(

But she has visited my work before, for 20 mins or so at a time. She honestly is too active to stay there for 8 hours.

My brother’s employer lets them bring their dogs on a daily basis. On any given day, there’s at least 5 dogs roaming the halls

13 Frugal 'n' Fit! June 25, 2010 at 9:33 am

I am still waiting for Take Your Cat To Work Day. Don’t think that will happen anytime soon!

14 Brie @ Brie Fit June 25, 2010 at 9:36 am

I wish I could bring my dog to work! We’re definitely not a dog-friendly environment, but I’m sure he would enjoy all the new smells.

15 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 25, 2010 at 9:58 am

Nom Mangos! I like the idea of doggies curled up at their owners feet while at work at the desk but in reality I have allergies and would be misterable after having spent 5 minutes playing with the puppies. πŸ™

16 Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) June 25, 2010 at 10:00 am

I work from home, so everyday is bring your dog to work day! πŸ™‚ Unfortunately I think it usually just leads to distraction… who can resist a pup wanting to play?! πŸ™‚

17 missy June 25, 2010 at 10:01 am

who is abbie?

18 Gina June 25, 2010 at 10:04 am

Every day is bring your dog to work day at my office. Unfortunately, my dog gets car sick after 30 minutes of driving and the commute is so long (over an hour sometimes!) I just couldn’t put her through that twice a day. That’ll change when we move though. πŸ™‚

19 DiningAndDishing June 25, 2010 at 10:20 am

I was at the Humane Society the other day and every day is take your dog to work day!! It was so fun to see all the doggies come in for “work”. I bet they love not being home alone all day! πŸ™‚

– Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

20 TorontoGirloutWest June 25, 2010 at 10:23 am

My dog used to be SUPER dog friendly!!!! I used to bring Daisy in all the time and everyone loved her.

Then one day my co-worker brought in her puppy. It went to the bathroom in multiple offices, chewed the bottom of a desk and ate some phone wires. Dogs were bannned that very day.

It’s too bad really. ?

21 Amanda June 25, 2010 at 10:31 am

Wow! I’m suprised. There is no way a dog would be welcome at my job. It sure would lift spirits throughout the day though.

22 AKMORGAN June 25, 2010 at 10:32 am

I am super lucky and bring my dog to work with me every single day. He is a huge black lab but is so well behaved and all the customers love to spoil him rotten with treats and love. The owner also brings her dog every day, but hes a little rotten!

Summit, my lab, sure doesn’t know how good he has it!

23 Kelly June 25, 2010 at 10:34 am

Nah my workplace would not go for that, but people bring their kids all the time.

24 modernation June 25, 2010 at 10:49 am

I work from home, so my office if very dog friendly. πŸ™‚ My friend asked her boss if she could bring her dog in today and he said YES!

25 Sarah June 25, 2010 at 11:11 am

I would love to be able to bring my dog to work. He’d be good too! He could just have a bed here & he’d just lay on it by me or under my desk. Aww, I so wish he could come. He would brighten up the work day!

26 Sarah for Real June 25, 2010 at 11:11 am

My husband’s office is doing take your dog to work day, but he is self employed and works from home… so everyday is take your dog to work day!

I think it would be too distracting to have dogs in my office. No work would get done!

I also have to admit that my dog probably wouldn’t enjoy it very much, she likes her usual routines at home.

27 Gabriela @ Fro-Yo Lover June 25, 2010 at 11:30 am

Hahahaha – seriously?
Taking your dog to work? Loved it πŸ™‚
IΒ΄m SO jealous of you – IΒ΄m craving fresh mangos!
Wish you a lovely weekend!

28 missyrayn June 25, 2010 at 11:31 am

We are our own bosses so we sometimes bring our dogs into the office. But they prefer to stay home and sleep on the couch.

29 Meredith June 25, 2010 at 11:51 am

How fun! I guess how well the dog is received by the office would depend on how well they behave! And also if there were any thunderstorms that day. We had a 105 lb golden retriever who was TERRIFIED of thunderstorms and would try to get into places where he just couldn’t fit to try to hide, never failing to knock things over . . . it was so sad how frightened he was!

30 Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy June 25, 2010 at 12:45 pm

I would LOVE to have a job where I could bring my dog to work with me! I’d love it! πŸ™‚

31 Jenny June 25, 2010 at 12:47 pm

I doubt any place I’ve worked would let me bring a pet in! So much for that holiday!

32 Courtney June 25, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Hi fiance’s company celebrates take your dog to work day, so my siberian husky got to experience that this morning! All the dogs got a bag of treats and a tennis ball. I think he enjoyed himself very much πŸ™‚

33 Kim @ Imperfectly Perfect June 25, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Your breakfast looks great! I <3 mangos! Never had them until last summer. Can't believe I missed out on 30 years of deliciousness. I guess I'll have to make up for it! πŸ˜‰