It's Here!

by Meghann on June 24, 2010

Look what came today!

My new Macbook Pro is here!

I’ll admit I was having a very stressful, long day before this, but having a new toy to play with as soon as I got home made it all sooo much better. πŸ˜‰

At first I wasn’t sure how I was going to transfer all my data from my old Macbook to the new one, but – of course – the great people at Apple made it so easy.

IMG_9289

All I had to do was plug in the ethernet cord and migrate.

IMG_9287

Of course, I wasn’t the sharpest crayon on the box and began the process after I had already uploaded all my photos from the day; therefore tonight’s post is a little later than normal. Oh well.

IMG_9291

Worth it!! Everything transferred easily and my desktop on the new mac is identical to m previous one. Even all my passwords and settings are already in place. Love, love, love it!! πŸ™‚

I wish I could say the rest of my day was equally as interesting, but it wasn’t. I was glued to a chair in our training room having my brain overloaded with much needed information. It was intense.

Midmorning I snuck in a serving of Cinnamon Pita Chips to nibble on.

FYI: Pita chips are not the best snack for quite meeting rooms. The whole time I swore everyone was staring at me as I crunched down on the noisy chips! πŸ™‚

Lunch was catered today by Roly Poly!

I had two of the Monster Veggie mini wraps and some of the Spa Salad.

I <3 their veggie wraps!

I grabbed 1/2 a cookie and ate it later in the afternoon.

My brain was actually mush by the time I made it home. Two nine hour days in a row of training is really draining. I enjoyed a good cry on the way home and it really helped to alleviate some of the stress. Sometimes a girl just needs a good cry. πŸ™‚

Dinner was cooked and eaten in a big rush since I had to drop Maddie off with my parents.

I microwaved a sweet potato for 5 minutes.

And made a REALLY good Mushroom & Onion Gravy with Gardien Beefless Tips that I served over lightly steamed kale.

Gravy is very easy to make. I sauteed the mushroom & onions with a bit of olive oil and lots of pepper and oregano. Then added the beefless tips and sprinkled some whole wheat flour to soak up any grease. Next, I poured in about 1/2 a cup of milk, brought to a boil, and simmered until it was thick.

The whole dish ended up being amazing! πŸ™‚

I have the BEST parents. They met me halfway, so I didn’t have to worry about driving all the way to Titusville to bring Maddie to their place.

Thank You Mom and Dad!! πŸ™‚

I told them about the long day and we agreed Frozen Yogurt was in order!

I had the Tart & Raspberry Tart swirl with lots of fruit and graham cracker crumbs.

I also picked up some cupcakes as a special treat for the family I’m crashing with in Colorado Springs this weekend. My cousin has three little girls – I hope they love cupcakes!! πŸ™‚

The owner from Sweet! was actually on the new Food Network show, Cupcake Wars, the other week and WON! I’ve been a fan of Sweet! since she opened 3 or 4 years ago. It was nice to see the little shop get a little national recognition. πŸ™‚

I spent way too much of my evening playing with the new computer. It’s now way past my bedtime and I’ve got an early morning.

Good Night!!!

1 Run Sarah June 24, 2010 at 11:02 pm

I had NO idea how to make vegetarian gravy, I didn’t know it was so simple! Thanks for sharing. I definitely agree that after long days, a good cry can do wonders. Enjoy your evening!

2 kaztronomic June 24, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Oh, wow, that is so cool! πŸ˜€ Yay for new toys! I love how they streamlined the data transfer process.

I’m officially obsessed with Cupcake Wars. I saw the episode you’re referring to; that’s so neat that somebody you “know” won! A local guy from where I live was supposed to be on the Sea World episode, but I think I missed it.

3 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] June 24, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Wow, a new computer sounds like so much fun. Mine really isn’t that old at all, but I can only imagine. ENJOY!

4 missyrayn June 24, 2010 at 11:11 pm

I love how convenient Apple makes everything. It is my number one choice when I get a new computer. SHHHH just don’t tell my dad…he’s a die-hard PC addict.

5 Zelda June 24, 2010 at 11:22 pm

My new 13 inch MacBook Pro came today also! What a coincidence.

6 Janelle June 24, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Breaking into tears often solves everything. As does Fro-Yo. πŸ˜‰

7 amanda June 24, 2010 at 11:30 pm

new toys are so much fun! i love it.

and yes, sometimes a girl does just need a good cry. it really helps break down the stress. and oh, frozen yogurt definitely doesn’t hurt, either!

8 ellaroo88 June 24, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Oh I’m sure the girls will love the cupcakes!

9 Marilou @ Mostly Healthy June 25, 2010 at 12:04 am

You’re really starting to make me wanna try to Gardein tips. Are they that good?

10 Morgan @ Life After Bagels June 25, 2010 at 12:06 am

ohhhhhh It’s so shiny! I am fortunate to have a MAC desktop but my laptop is kind of crappy – it’s an acer and super slow πŸ™

11 Jill June 25, 2010 at 12:14 am

Heya–nice puter. I have the same one. My husband is one of those “great people at apple”, and yes he is great! πŸ™‚

12 Nicole June 25, 2010 at 12:20 am

My hubby got pretty stinkin jealous upon seeing your new mac, lucky duck! And those cupcakes pretty much left me craving gallons of sugar at 930pm. bad choice.

Have a great weekend!
& good luck on your awesome marathon training, you’re crazy inspiration girl!

13 amystartstorun June 25, 2010 at 12:42 am

Congratulations on your new family member πŸ˜‰

Stressful days can be incredibly overwhelming, been having a few myself lately. Hang in there!

14 newleafeats June 25, 2010 at 1:06 am

Ooh! So jealous about the computer! I’m still stuck with my PC desktop!

The wrap looks really good! I’ve always been (and always will be) a big meat eater, but I do have a growing appreciation for veggie wraps and sandwiches (and the spinach enchiladas at one of our local Tex-Mex restaurants)!

15 Freya @ Brit Chick Runs June 25, 2010 at 3:42 am

Yay for the Pro!
I totally agree with the crying thing – I always feel better after a really good crying session. Either that or a walk/run, then all problems are solved πŸ˜€
LOVE that dinner, it looks delicious!

16 Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) June 25, 2010 at 4:39 am

Congrats on your new Mac! My husband and I plan to get them as our next computer.

That lunch spread looks dynamite!

Jenn

17 Julie @ Pickley Pear June 25, 2010 at 7:01 am

New toys are fun! I’m sorry you had a stressful day, hopefully the cry and fro yo helped πŸ™‚ Have you always had Mac’s? I have a PC and just got an iPad. I’ve heard good things about Mac’s, but just cannot switch over!

18 breakingsilence June 25, 2010 at 7:43 am

MacBook!!! *jealous* πŸ™‚

19 Kelly June 25, 2010 at 7:57 am

I was at yoga when you guys called! Sorry I missed seeing you guys.

20 Kelly June 25, 2010 at 8:14 am

I’m so jealous of your new MacBook Pro. I have been wanting one for agesssssssss and just can’t afford it yet.

21 Heather @ Side of Sneakers June 25, 2010 at 8:30 am

Yay for new toys!! Apple seems to have thought of everything πŸ˜‰

22 Emilyeatsclean June 25, 2010 at 8:42 am

Cries are a great stress reliever! πŸ™‚ YAY for getting your new computer on a stressful day!

23 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 25, 2010 at 9:56 am

Sometimes a good cry is all we need. Sounds like a fair number of people have had stressful days this week. Fingers crossed this coming weekend will make it all go away.

24 mel June 25, 2010 at 10:39 am

I work at a law firm 9 hours a day and its an hour and fifteen mins away… each way. I’m exhausted when I get home! and I’m training for my 3rd tri. I know what you mean about work being so draining. haha. Good luck!

25 runningwithsass June 25, 2010 at 10:47 am

yay for a new toy!

26 Anne @ the doctor takes a wife June 25, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Yay Hurray!! I love my MacBook Pro πŸ™‚ Have fun!!

27 feetinmotion June 25, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Lucky!! I love Mac’s but can’t afford one. What are you doing with your old one? If you plan on selling it, let me know πŸ˜‰ hahaha

28 Michelle Jefferson June 25, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Hello !
I was wondering are you selling your old mac ? If so I would love too purchase it…. I know random .