more ยป" />

Head in the Asana

by Meghann on June 21, 2010

You know its sad when in the dead of summer it feels cooler outside than in the yoga studio. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now in Florida, that’s HOT!

According to our instructor there was a record at Hot Yoga tonight with 63 hot and sweaty bodies in attendance. Basically we were all crammed in there like sardines! We made it work though. Thankfully my sister was standing next to me so when we turned and leaned forward my head only ended up in her ‘asana’ and not a stranger’s. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Before yoga this afternoon I snacked on a mini bag of kettle corn.

Last night I enjoyed my brother’s left overs for dinner and tonight I dove into Derek’s. What’s with all these people leaving food at my place? You know I’m going to eat it!

Derek ordered the Cedar’s Chicken – a chicken breast stuffed with herbs and spices – on Sunday night. I actually really enjoyed eating it cold as I was cutting it, so I saw no point to heat it up. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I served it as it!

I have a ton of veggies I need to cook up before I leave and the best way to cook up a big batch of veggies is by roasting them. I cut up yucca, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and onion then roasted it all for 20 minutes at 415. I topped it all with bbq sauce.

I also devoured the last of Derek’s pitas. I’m going to go back to Cedar’s just for the pitas in the future. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The first day of Summer required ice cream. Coffee ice cream topped with rolled dates to be exact. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think I’m starting to buckle under the pressure of this week and next.

A company wide sales meeting begins Wednesday then my schedule is full of meetings until I head out of town on Friday. (That includes evening events) Yikes! I’ll be with family over the weekend in Colorado Springs before heading to downtown Denver to work a tradeshow Sunday until the 30th. I fly home late that evening and have a 2 day window in O-town before I head to Cocoa Beach for a wedding.

And if that isn’t enough, the following weekend I head to Miami for a spa weekend and the weekend after that is my triathlon.

Oh and somewhere in there I have to start training for my marathon. It makes my head spin just thinking about it! Deep breath in… Deep breath out... I can do this!

1 The Linz June 21, 2010 at 9:34 pm

You can do it! ๐Ÿ™‚ You are busy girl but it sounds like you are having fun too. Loved your blog title! LOL!

2 Lauren @ Eater not a runner June 21, 2010 at 9:35 pm

It was definitely an ice cream kind of night. Good luck with everything!

3 emilyr June 21, 2010 at 9:40 pm

I’m here in Colorado Springs… it’s HOT here, but nothing to compare to FL heat and humidity. I’m being such a baby b/c usually it’s not too much hotter than 80!! Are you doing anything fun in Colorado Spgs?

4 Julie @ Wearing Mascara June 21, 2010 at 9:41 pm

It definitely seems overwhelming, but you will get through it. I can’t wait to follow your marathon training! ๐Ÿ™‚

5 missyrayn June 21, 2010 at 9:42 pm

I can’t stand a crowded yoga room. Makes me feel self conscious since I’m not a regular.

I have a hard time with Florida heat. I went in May after graduating and could hardly breathe.

6 Lindsay June 21, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Oh my gosh, you have family in Colorado Springs??? I’m from the Springs! I’m not there at the moment, but I’m eager to see what places you explore in my hometown. If you have a chance, check out Poor Richard’s downtown. It’s a funky little restaurant that specializes in homemade pizza, sandwiches, and fantastic veggie burgers. It has a cool vibe, and it’s adjacent to a used bookstore. You can’t go wrong…Have fun in CO! ๐Ÿ™‚

7 Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness June 21, 2010 at 10:38 pm

My sister lives in the Springs and I love visiting her! She took me to Poor Richards and I agree, it’s awesome! ๐Ÿ™‚

8 Lisa @ bakebikeblog June 21, 2010 at 9:49 pm

YOU CAN DO IT!!! Sounds busy but I am sure you will be a-ok ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Marilou @ Mostly Healthy June 21, 2010 at 9:50 pm

At least you have a spa week-end in your crazy schedule …. ๐Ÿ™‚

I too love to eat mini popcorn bags at my office even though it makes my keyboard all greasy .. oops!

10 Emilyeatsclean June 21, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Love this blog title! ๐Ÿ™‚ You travel more than anyone I know!!

11 kaztronomic June 21, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Hah, your blog is all sorts of witty lately! ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m a leftovers thief, too. If its edible, and in my fridge, it’s fair game.

Of course you can do it! Rock on!

12 Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness June 21, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Sounds like a packed schedule – but you’ll get to visit Colorado!
My sister attends UC-Colorado Springs and I love to visit her. There are so many great hiking trails and places to eat! Check out my page link above for a review of Adam’s Mountain Cafe in Manitou Springs (like 10 min from downtown) – an awesome mostly vegetarian, organic restaurant.

13 ellaroo88 June 21, 2010 at 10:32 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed sweaty yoga-it’s been so hot and humid in central IL the last few days that I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t have to go inside to do hot yoga!

14 theprocessofhealing June 21, 2010 at 10:37 pm

OH wow, busy!! But you can do it!

15 Sarah June 21, 2010 at 11:00 pm

You can do it Meghann! At least you have a lovely spa weekend scheduled in there.

16 Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) June 22, 2010 at 12:05 am

I vaguely remember having rolled dates when I was little, unless I am imagining that, lol. I need to get some, they look amazing!

Jenn

17 Dawn June 22, 2010 at 12:49 am

Ack! That schedule is insane. Just take it one day (or one trip) at a time and before you know it, you’ll be out the other side in one piece.

18 Cassie June 22, 2010 at 5:20 am

Deep breathes is right! I keep reminding myself to do the same thing this week ๐Ÿ™‚ life gets crazy but I try to remind myself….. “you can only control the controlable” ๐Ÿ˜‰

19 Amanda June 22, 2010 at 5:21 am

You can do it. Simple as that.

Amanda

20 runnerstrials June 22, 2010 at 7:54 am

Hang in there, Meghann. I just found out I’m traveling for a week, 2 weeks before my first Olympic tri and I won’t be able to bike or swim that entire week. We both can do it ๐Ÿ™‚

21 rachael June 22, 2010 at 8:04 am

It’s an insane schedule but you don’t seem to ever stop anyhow. You’ll be fine:)

22 Marissa June 22, 2010 at 9:31 am

Mmm, that chicken looks good! I love cold chicken more than hot chicken, too. And roasted vegetables are amazing; I can always eat like 3x the amount of veggies I would usually eat if they are roasted instead of steamed or raw!

23 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 22, 2010 at 9:46 am

We def all go through times like that. I feel I am in a perpetual satet of go go go right now. I do see a brief end in sight. The month of July I go from working 49 hours a week to 14.75. The money will be tight but my mental health will thank me for it. Good luck we are here for you.

24 rae June 22, 2010 at 10:58 am

At least most of those things are fun!! Maybe you need to schedule a “Meghann” day the weekend after to look forward to ๐Ÿ™‚

25 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com June 22, 2010 at 11:03 am

It’s that time of year, for sure!! I have a lot going on, too, on top of triathlon training and it can be very overwhelming!

26 Erika June 22, 2010 at 2:24 pm

The rolled dates look exactly like my dog’s litter. I don’t think I could eat them just because of that. Ha Ha

27 Sashok June 22, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Hi,

I’ve been following your blog for a couple months now ๐Ÿ™‚ I live in Denver. Let me know if you want someone to show you around a bit ๐Ÿ™‚