First Day of Summer

by Meghann on June 21, 2010

Miss my first visit to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter this weekend? Check it out!

Happy First Day of Summer!

Of course, you wouldn’t know it’s only the first day of summer around here. I’m pretty sure Florida summers really begin in April. Spring? I don’t know this spring you speak of.

My summer began with a 4 mile run this morning, plus some strides at the end. I was just running for fun this morning, but my goal is to have my marathon training plan completed before I return from Denver the middle of next week. Can I do it? I think so!

Breakfast

IMG_0333

A GIANT bowl of cereal

• 1/2 cup Kashi Flakes
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • 1/2 cup Multigrain Cheerios
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Cacao Nibs
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Blackberries

IMG_0337

The berries were left over from yesterday’s waffles. It was nice to have them already pre-washed and cut so I could just throw them on top this morning.

IMG_0325

Something to giggle about…

We were comparing driver license photos on Saturday and the resemblance between mine and my little brother’s is kind of eerie.

That’s me on the left at 21 and my Little bro on the right at 16. Scary, right?

I actually am a big fan of my ID photo. I remember prepping all morning to get my hair just right for the photo – I even wore make up! The extra effort was worth it because with today’s technology of renewing licenses online who knows when I will ever go back to take a new one.

Are you a fan of your ID photo?

1 Evan Thomas June 21, 2010 at 8:39 am

Ive totally been envying your trip to Wizardly Worlds. That must have been soo cool!

2 britchickruns June 21, 2010 at 8:40 am

You’ve got a good ID photo! I don’t mind mine now – on my last passport, I was a total (12yr old!) goth – it was hideous! I even had a spiked dog collar 😛

3 Karla June 21, 2010 at 8:43 am

Wow! You do look alike!
My ID photo is okay. Not great but not bad. My old student ID had a terrible photo, my hair was all over the place and i’m doing an Elvis type snicker. Not cute. Thank goodness I graduated!

4 Marina June 21, 2010 at 8:47 am

I hate my ID photo 😀 I really don’t photograph well. But I like the photo in my uni’s …how should I put it, well uni id. I look like I’m naked though, but the face looks pretty cool 🙂

5 HappyWhenNotHungry June 21, 2010 at 8:58 am

I hate my ID! I recently got married and had to get a new license. Virginia has now started implementing a new policy where they ask you NOT to smile in your photo. Since we’re all accustomed to smiling for these photos, mine ID now looks even more ridiculous since I’m trying very hard not to smile! Happy summer and good luck with your marathon training schedule!

6 Marissa June 21, 2010 at 9:00 am

I like my ID photo, too! But my signature… that’s another story! Its so UGLY.

7 theprocessofhealing June 21, 2010 at 9:11 am

Haha SO FUNNY!!! Mine is awful though…

8 Melissa @ For the Love of Health June 21, 2010 at 9:26 am

Happy Summer! 🙂
Amazing looking breakfast!
You and your brother do look alike for sure 🙂

9 christie June 21, 2010 at 9:27 am

I like my picture. I closed my eyes and the nice lady taking the picture let me re take it so I have a cute picture. Since we have 10 year licenses in GA, I’m not getting a new on till I’m 34 (I’m 25 now) 😉

10 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 21, 2010 at 9:29 am

I love keeping all kinds of photo id. old work name tags wtih pictures, licenses all of it. Great laughs and memories. 🙂

11 Brittney June 21, 2010 at 9:30 am

I take THE WORST ID photos! I should post them on my blog… they are BAD!! My work one is the worst! I actually had an old boss tell me I looked fat and pasty in that photo…lol! My current license picture is one of my better ID photos, but it’s still not the greatest. I’m just not a very photogenic person. I’m still not sure how my wedding pictures turned out so good- must have been a fluke!

12 Marilou @ Mostly Healthy June 21, 2010 at 9:32 am

Hahaha! Crazy how your lil bro looked like you! More than your twin bro, weird?!

I’m a big fan of my passeport picture which is pretty weird since you don’t smile and all.
Meh!

13 Mal June 21, 2010 at 9:48 am

hey meghann, i’m looking forward to your trip to denver because i will be headed there in early august! i can’t wait to hear what you have to say about maybe some things to do & places to eat!
have a wonderful monday : )

14 Amanda June 21, 2010 at 10:09 am

I can’t stand photo IDs. It seems like no matter how good I try to look, the picture always turns out bad. Strange.

15 Allie June 21, 2010 at 10:09 am

that’s hilarious!!! my picture is the worst ever. i waited for over 2 hours in line at the RMV in the middle of the city on an unseasonably warm fall day so i was covered in sweat. pissy + hot + tired = awful awful picture!!!

16 sweetersalt June 21, 2010 at 10:13 am

I hate my id photo, I look like a low ranking member of a women’s gang. Not cute.

Happy First Day of summer to all!

17 caitlin June 21, 2010 at 10:18 am

i actually like my picture, too! i made an effort to do my hair and put on makeup and i ended up not looking like a criminal. bonus points!

18 sweetersalt June 21, 2010 at 11:33 am

Some people have all the luck!

19 Leah June 21, 2010 at 10:21 am

I actually love my drivers license picture. Which, ironically, was taken right after I had gotten fired from a super shitty job so I was a pretty happy camper. I am actually going to get a new drivers license today. Just got married! I’m dreading a terrible picture. Its so rare to get a good one!

PS – First day of summer and it has done nothing but rain here. Ugh.

20 dorrybird June 21, 2010 at 10:45 am

My new driver’s license is a lot better than my old one. But my passport picture? SO bad. I have a terrible smug look on my face and I’m not even sure how it happened. 🙂

21 DiningAndDishing June 21, 2010 at 11:13 am

My first licence photo was HORRIBLE so when I renewed I made sure to look pretty for my new one. Then I lost my ID about a week later and had to go back AGAIN…this time in work-out gear. haha – soooo, I still have an ugly photo 🙂

– Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

22 Rosey Rebecca June 21, 2010 at 11:23 am

I hate my ID photo. I had it taken the morning of my 21st b-day after being out all night the night before. It’s HORRIBLE! I need to have it retaken someday. Maybe that’s what I’ll do for my 24th b-day next year.

My older brother and I look like twins as well!

23 rc1001 June 21, 2010 at 12:13 pm

I seriously cannot die happy until I see this park. I did a post about it today actually! I’m visiting my grandmother in Florida this weekend and I am going to be so close to this park (well, three hours away, but way closer than Texas is!), but won’t be able to go.

24 kaztronomic June 21, 2010 at 1:21 pm

My first ID photo was this hideous one from Florida. I was sixteen, going through a dye-my-hair-black phase, and probably the most pasty girl in the entire state. It was hot and I was sweaty, and it’s probably the worst photo of me ever taken.

I like mine now. I went through the effort of actually smiling at the camera, and what a difference smiling makes! 😀

25 jenny in new york June 21, 2010 at 2:11 pm

OMG my id photo is HORRIBLE. My head is tilted back so i look like a G, and my one eye lid is lower than the other.. ugh. Luckily.. i lost it this weekend, so i’ll have to get a new one..and maybe a photo to go with it? 🙂

26 missyrayn June 21, 2010 at 6:51 pm

I love my Mass Licence photo. It was soon after our wedding when we moved here so I had a great hair cut and felt my best. I don’t mind keeping it for as long as I live in this state.

27 runningwithsass June 21, 2010 at 9:49 pm

hilarious about the photo ID!

28 Emilyeatsclean June 21, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Your breakfast bowl looks delicious!!

29 Vicky June 22, 2010 at 7:02 am

haha one of my eyes in my ID was smudged, so I will forever have a lopsided face on my license until I get a new one! Have a good rest of the week! – Vicky(www.vdubb.wordpress.com)

30 Grace July 4, 2010 at 4:07 pm

For some reason, I have had a lot of luck with official ID pictures too! My passport picture, my first license and my renewal were all pretty good! Student ID photos are another thing entirely though.

BTW, I had been renewing my license online for as long as I could… but when I turned 28 (in Feb), they MADE me come in. Luckily that one turned out good too.