more ยป" />

Breakfast in Parts

by Meghann on June 18, 2010

Itโ€™s FRRIIIDDAAYY!!!

Everyone do the happy Friday dance! *waves my fingers in the air and starts to jump up and down*

Now I just have to get through a few hours of work and Iโ€™m free! ๐Ÿ˜‰

My morning began with a Back2Back session of Body Power and Spinning. I havenโ€™t done a Back2Back in a couple of weeks, so my body was really hating me in the beginning. I took it a little easier than normal at first, but managed to finish strong in spinning. ๐Ÿ™‚

Breakfast came in parts

IMG_0133

Part 1: Cereal โ€“ 1/2 cup Kashi H2H, 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp, & 1/2 cup Kashi Flakes  (I see a kashi theme hereโ€ฆ)

IMG_0137

Part 2: Blueberry Oikos Yogurt

IMG_0138

Part 3: Strawberries & Blueberries

IMG_0139

All together now

IMG_0144

IMG_0146

Cool & Refreshing

IMG_0147

Iโ€™m digging this whole โ€˜I donโ€™t care what my hair looks like when I got into workโ€™ vibe Iโ€™ve been giving lately. The simple fact is itโ€™s too hot right now to blow dry my hair and too humid to even attempt to straighten it. All week Iโ€™ve simply thrown in a handful of mousse and let my hair dry au natural. Sure itโ€™s frizzy, wavy, and a tad crunchy, but it saves me 10 โ€“ 15 minutes each morning and I kind of like the way it looks. Itโ€™s more natural and more me. Why fight mother nature?

1 britchickruns June 18, 2010 at 9:00 am

Oh my gosh, I love your breakfasts so much! It’s been ages since I had a proper cereal/yogurt mess..I miss it!
I agree with the hair thing – keep the 10mins extra, it’s worth it!!

2 Brittney June 18, 2010 at 9:14 am

I love the idea of those eggplant fries! I’ll be making some of those sometime soon ๐Ÿ™‚

3 biz319 June 18, 2010 at 9:24 am

Happy Friday Meghann! My hair is so thin, I usually just drive to work with the windows down and its dry by the time I get there! ๐Ÿ˜€

4 Kelly June 18, 2010 at 9:31 am

That does look like the perfect summer breakfast!

5 Amanda June 18, 2010 at 9:42 am

I have the same “I don’t care” hair and make up attitude right now! My hair ends up in a ponytail daily and I haven’t worn makeup in weeks. It isn’t so much the heat here though, I’m just so busy I don’t have time to spend on things that really don’t matter in the long run!

6 Jenny June 18, 2010 at 9:44 am

I’m always impressed when you do back to backs before I even wake up! You’re amazing!

7 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com June 18, 2010 at 9:55 am

Good for you for getting up early and doing 2 classes! Awesome! I’m more of an evening workout person. Tonight I plan to do BodyPump and the swim later in the evening. Tomorrow is a bike and run brick workout.

8 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 18, 2010 at 9:59 am

My hair looks like crap every single day. No one sees me at work anyway, so who gives?

9 Meg June 18, 2010 at 10:01 am

I agree with you about the hair thing. I think we can get away with more casual, messy hair in the summer. ๐Ÿ™‚ Now, more important, when are you and Derek going to go to the new Harry Potter theme park in Orlando???

10 Meghann June 18, 2010 at 10:09 am

Tomorrow!!

11 Kerri June 18, 2010 at 10:02 am

I’ve been leaving my hair au naturale as well and I think we have similar textures! The best thing I have found is using Nexus Botanluxe Leave-In Conditioner and a few drops of Aveda Light Elements smoothing fluid. Cute waves without the crunch! And the smoothing fluid keeps the frizziness at bay ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Sarah June 18, 2010 at 10:04 am

Amen to not fighting your natural hair. Especially on extra humid summer days, it’s a waste of time for me to try to straighten my hair. I’d rather use that time in the morning to relax or sleep a few extra minutes!

13 andrea June 18, 2010 at 10:08 am

What brand is that tupperware you’re using to bring your breakfast to work? Looks like it has a cooling element and a spoon “built in”?
I hear you on the hair thing… unfortunately, not an option for me: Swiss summer + very think hair and an A/C office means I’ll be running around with wet hair until lunch break ๐Ÿ™

14 Meghann June 18, 2010 at 10:10 am
15 Frugal 'n' Fit! June 18, 2010 at 10:14 am

I am doing the same with my hair. It’s the best way to go in the summer!

16 adrienmelaine June 18, 2010 at 10:33 am

I do that all the time! I bet it looks good to all your co-workers; for the most part anything different, and kind of wavy usually does!

I get up and goto school all the time with bed head- my mother at times shakes her head with disappointment, but I’m convinced it looks cute! hahah

17 Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen June 18, 2010 at 10:35 am

I saw that container at Home Sense and thought about buying one because it looked so handy! Do you find your works well and it was a worthwhile purchase? ๐Ÿ™‚

18 DiningAndDishing June 18, 2010 at 10:46 am

I would LOVE to skip on blow drying my hair but I am way too vain! When I backpacked Europe I had no choice but to let it dry naturally and I felt like the ugliest girl ever :). I’m sure there’s actually not much difference… it’s mostly in my head!!

– Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

19 Amy @ Second City Randomness June 18, 2010 at 10:55 am

Blowdrying your hair in this weather is so crappy! Especially if some people don’t have the AC on- you get just as gross as you were before your shower!

20 kaztronomic June 18, 2010 at 10:55 am

That’s a very healthy attitude to have! ๐Ÿ˜€ I bet it’s very pretty like that.

I usually just put mine up in a clip or ponytail.

21 Alyson @ Nourished Fitness June 18, 2010 at 11:02 am

Granola/cereal, Yogurt & Fruit Parfaits are literally one of my all time favorite meals. And one of my favorite perks of working from home.. my cat doesn’t care what I look like ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a great Friday!

22 Lindsay June 18, 2010 at 11:17 am

I’m the same way with my hair. I used to straighten everyday in high school, but I have naturally curly hair…so it was always a struggle to keep it straight. During college, I started embracing the curl. Now I hardly ever straighten it! If you got the curls, you should embrace them! ๐Ÿ™‚

23 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 18, 2010 at 11:21 am

LOL, I get the crunchy hair thing too. I have curly hair, so you never know what it’s going to turn out looking like. But once my hair is dry and crunchy I just scrunch my hair in my hands and that makes my hair less crunchy and gets ride of that ‘wet’ look that cruchy hair can get.

24 Marissa June 18, 2010 at 11:26 am

I feel the same way about wearing my hair curly! It just feels so much more “me” and is so much easier to do… but I’m always self-conscious about it at the same time!

25 Anne @ the doctor takes a wife June 18, 2010 at 11:39 am

I love those fit and fresh dealies ๐Ÿ™‚ And I would KILL for curly hair. ugh.

26 kalli@fitandfortysomething June 18, 2010 at 12:36 pm

i never care what my hair looks like at work…….98% of the time i ponytail it!

27 LindsayH June 18, 2010 at 2:37 pm

so funny, ive adopted the same hair attitude this summer! i let mine dry naturally and then usually pull it up into a loose/messy mini ponytail (im trying to grow my hair out) at about 10 or 11 in the morning when it’s finally all dry.

28 Cathy June 18, 2010 at 6:35 pm

You should try some surf spray while it’s still wet; it allows your hair to dry wavy but doesn’t make it crunchy like mousse does. Bumble & Bumble, KMS, and Frederic Fekkai all make good ones!

29 Rosey Rebecca June 19, 2010 at 7:50 am

I want your breakfast!! I love doing back to back classes. Spin is always such a great workout.

30 shelly June 19, 2010 at 12:02 pm

I agree on the hair… once the warm weather starts I no longer use a dryer, straightener etc… It is au natural every day.