more ยป" />

Something Rash

by Meghann on June 17, 2010

I did something rash today… I purchased a MacBook Pro.

I tried to have my twitter friends stop me, but all they did was encourage me – bad twitter friends! [Many thanks to those of you who did try to bring me back to sanity. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ]

Truth is I have been considering an upgrade for a while. I LOVE my white MacBook, but I lust after the larger internal hard drive the pro offers (I splurged and upgraded to the 500G) as well as the back lit keyboard, faster ram, SD card slot, sleek design, etc. I see this purchase as an investment into my blogging future. ๐Ÿ˜‰

My newest addition arrives next week – I can’t wait!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Now she just needs a name. Hmmm…. MaryBeth the MacBook? Patricia the Pro? This is a toughie!

This afternoon I had a homemade trail mix of cheerios, dark chocolate edamame, crasins, and rolled dates.

I met my sister at hot yoga after work.

MAJOR props to Kelly who was finally able to master crow this evening!! I looked over and saw her holding strong and was ‘this close’ to cheering out loud. It’s a pose she’s been trying to conquer for a while, so I know being able to hold it was a big moment for her. Way to go Kelly!!

After yoga came dinner.

Brussel sprouts

Eggplant Fries!!

These eggplant fries were vegan. I was out of eggs so I used a ‘flax egg’ wash to coat the eggplant before dunking them in the bread crumbs. I then baked at 375 for 10 minutes and then flipped and baked for another 10 minutes. The flax egg was the perfect sub, the bread crumbs stuck to the fries and the fries were crispy instead of greasy. Perfect.

Marinara sauce was required for dipping.

mmmm

Dessert ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tomorrow is Friday!!! Yippee!!!

1 breakingsilence June 17, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I’m jealous!! I want a MacBook!!

2 Heather @ Side of Sneakers June 17, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Yay for a new computer!! Haha it took me months to finally bite the bullet and get a new one– it was SO worth it & wish I did it ages ago ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Jenny June 17, 2010 at 9:55 pm

MMM, I’ve been on an eggplant kick lately, I’ve gotta try those!

4 Dori June 17, 2010 at 9:56 pm

You will LOVE your new macbook pro! Congrats to Kelly on the crow, I don’t think I will ever be there.

5 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) June 17, 2010 at 9:58 pm

500g!? My white macbook has 55g ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ I have to delete photos every day just to upload more. BAH! I could swim in 500g!

6 Meghann June 17, 2010 at 10:10 pm

That’s why I’m upgrading! ๐Ÿ™‚

7 Dani June 17, 2010 at 9:59 pm

I need to make those eggplant fries!! How long/what temp do you bake them at??

8 Meghann June 17, 2010 at 10:10 pm

I baked them at 375 for 10 minutes and then flipped and baked for another 10 minutes.

9 kaztronomic June 17, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Wow, a round of congrats are in order! Congrats to your sister for mastering the crow, and congrats to you for your new purchase! ๐Ÿ˜€

Those fries look so good! Yum!

10 Courtney June 17, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Cool! I want a Macbook too! ๐Ÿ˜€

11 *Andrea* June 17, 2010 at 10:03 pm

vegan eggplant fries..so cool!!! is a flax egg just water and flax? do you eyeball it or measure?

congrats to kelly on conquering the pose

12 Meghann June 17, 2010 at 10:11 pm

I just eyeball it ๐Ÿ˜‰

13 Paige @Running Around Normal June 17, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Love the eggplant fries concept! Great idea:)

14 Betsy June 17, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Eggplant fries? How did I never think of that? Amazing!

15 Carolyn @ lovinlosing June 17, 2010 at 11:02 pm

I’m a PC girl (mostly because of how expensive MACS are. I bought a HP Pavilion dv4 back in November and I love it. No problems, yet! (Knock on wood) I’ve recently splurged on a new camera and aero bars for my triathlon in July. My next splurge (maybe for my birthday) will be a Garmin!

16 BroccoliHut June 17, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Haha, glad I’m not the only one who names all my toys:)

17 Marina June 17, 2010 at 11:35 pm

Wee, a new laptop is always great ๐Ÿ™‚
Eggplant fries, I have to make some!

18 chasingcasey June 18, 2010 at 12:28 am

Those Reeses peanut butter eggs, cups, xmas trees, whatever holiday are THE BEST. Way more peanut butter than regular cups!

19 Melissa @ For the Love of Health June 18, 2010 at 12:49 am

ooohh! exciting! buying a new electronic is always thrilling!
amazing looking dinner- I am a huge fan of brussel sprouts! The other day I had some in class and one of my friends had a look of disgust on my face and said “what are YOU eating?”- it’s called healthy food! haha I actually happen to LOVE the taste too!

20 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) June 18, 2010 at 2:59 am

I have a macbook pro and love it!!!! The back lit keyboard is pretty amazing.

21 Dawn June 18, 2010 at 3:38 am

You won’t regret it! I upgraded my old MacBook Pro to a smaller, lighter, newer one a couple of months ago and I haven’t looked back! It was a spur of the moment decision, but it was totally worth it.

22 Cassie June 18, 2010 at 6:29 am

I have been contemplating the same upgrade. I love my little white macbook but the pro has sooo much more to offer. Between schoolwork, blogging, pictures, writing, etc. I feel like I need more room and features. What were some of the features that made you take the plunge for the upgrade?

23 Katherine: What About Summer? June 18, 2010 at 7:59 am

Please post pictures! I’ve never used any mac products (other than my beatup aka well loved ipod nano from four years ago)
Katherine

24 Aimee June 18, 2010 at 8:41 am

Congratulations on the MacBook Pro! I love my MacBook but the Pro would be a treat. Enjoy!

25 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 18, 2010 at 9:41 am

My husband has been researching a new computer to buy for weeks now. It’s been consuming him. I think he’s going with a Dell.

26 Meghann June 18, 2010 at 9:55 am

It’s funny because my boyfriend has been researching a new lap top for weeks too! He’s been looking at all the pros and cons of everything and what has what features. For me the decision was easy – I knew I wanted a pro and that’s what I got ๐Ÿ™‚

27 Lindsay June 18, 2010 at 9:46 am

I hope you like your MacBook Pro! I love mine…she’s a beauty. ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t wait to try out some eggplant fries of my own. What a great idea!

28 The Healthy Hostess June 18, 2010 at 9:55 am

I can’t believe it! I did the same thing yesterday! My regular MacBook is not as sharp as it used to be and with all of the blog pictures and new baby pictures – it was full! I got mine from the store and already have it – it is amazing! So excited for you!!
๐Ÿ™‚

29 Meghann June 18, 2010 at 9:56 am

I was tempted to purchase it at the store, but I wanted the larger hard drive so it was easier to order it online and just have it come already installed ๐Ÿ™‚

30 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 18, 2010 at 11:19 am

I am going through that right now with cameras. I dropped and broke my good point and shoot, and now am using my less favorite one. I want a D.SLR now. With the hubby gone for 10 days and the our wedding anniversary, something tells me to hold off for another couple of weeks though. Fingers crossed.

31 Amanda @ Cakes and Ale June 18, 2010 at 2:08 pm

I’ve had my eye on one for a while now too! My husband keeps begging me to hold off since we just bought a condo and are spending money furnishing… but I’m ready for a new Mac!

32 Rachel June 18, 2010 at 2:12 pm

You have been stepping it up on the veggie meals lately. Lots of good vegetarian options, I’m going to try the eggplant fries soon! keep up the good work!

33 Sarah June 18, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Your dinners have looked very low in calories lately! Between the wrap + broccoli the other night, and tonight’s eggplant + brussel sprouts, you can’t have eaten more than 300 calories at each meal. . . are you sure you’re eating enough??

34 Pure2raw twins June 18, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Congrats on getting the new computer ; )

And the eggplant fries look amazing!!

35 destiny June 19, 2010 at 10:19 am

Hey Meghann, just out of curiosity, are you thinking about selling your current mac? I have been looking for one, and by reading blogs (i <3 yours!) have been very inspired and am thinking about starting a blog of my own, and would like to get a mac, please let me know what you are thinking of doing with your old one!!

36 shelly June 19, 2010 at 12:33 pm

My husband bought a MacBookPro this week too! He loves it!